Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting The Technical Forum Langridge paint – Titanium Grey – PW6.1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard P

I always thought buff Titanium – PW6.1 was a greyish-sandy colour. But Langridge has a Titanium Grey in Pigment or Oil paint form that is apparently made of PW6.1 but is a greyish-green colour:

https://www.artstoreonline.com.au/products/langridge-artist-dry-ground-pigment-titanium-grey-s1

Maybe it’s heating to a different temperature to produce it?

RomanB

PW 6.1 could be of almost any hue, depending on impurities. Colour Index numbers do not specify exact chemical compositions.

Delofasht

Richard you have a great habit of finding nice unusual things like this. Interestingly enough, several pigments of various colors are being made using titanium in them. The issue usually comes from finding a market for such colors, while we as artists love more choices in our colors, most fields need to have specific reasons for choosing one over another. That reason usually revolves around money and marketability of the effects that a given pigment might lend.

Really loving this era we live in where nearly everyday I am learning about some pigment or color that has not existed or been stable in the past and now does exist or has been improved.

- Delo Delofasht
                savras

And here is link[/URL] to Langridge paint of the same name. In my opinion greeness of the pigment is greately diminished.

Delofasht

Indeed, I would even describe it as a yellow gray.

- Delo Delofasht
                      Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.