WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2018, 12:35 AM
Veteran Member
Comfort,Texas

Painting Competitions

My web hosting offers 2 free entries into the,,, BoldBrush Painting Competition,,,
have anyone done that , and is there something I should know,about competitions in general?,I'm not paranoid ,but leery of tricks,,,thanks
2nd rule,turn off the TV
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2018, 06:43 AM
Enthusiast
Pawtucket, RI

Hails from United States
Re: Painting Competitions

Re competitions, the things I have learned are a) online competitions are not worth the bother, and b) watch out for galleries who do nothing but run competitions. They make their money from the entry fees and hardly ever sell any paintings.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2018, 08:16 AM
A Local Legend
Boerne, TX USA

Hails from United States
Re: Painting Competitions

BoldBrush, I believe, is a web hosting site for artists. It runs the monthly painting competition as an additional revenue producer. Most monthly "jurors" tend to select oil paintings, but to balance things out each month, the BoldBrush owner also selects two "best" watercolor, acrylic and pastel paintings to feature monthly and keep everyone happy.

My suspicion is that one doesn't have a chance to be considered in the monthly "competitions" if one doesn't already have an artist web site run by BoldBrush. I mean, why would they feature someone who doesn't use their web service?

For those who are selected, I've not noticed anything different as a result of being featured, except being publicized on the BoldBrush site for a month.

I could be wrong. It's happened.

Sling paint,
Virgil