Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Chimney Tops

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Artchrispy

Hi Still learning a new technique. This is mostly acrylic inks. The foreground rocks are tube acrylics. It looks better from a few feet back. The photos is a little blurry. This is the peak of Chimney Tops in the Smoky mountains, Tennessee. Comments crits welcome.

Christophervasil.com

Katie Black

Very nice indeed.

Ok, I have to mention one thing. The rocks look a little too well placed/contrived IMHO. To counteract that could you place one more rock on top of two rocks, perhaps in a horizontal position.

I meant to say I am referring to the four large boulders at the bottom of the painting.

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

Artchrispy

Very nice indeed.

Ok, I have to mention one thing. The rocks look a little too well placed/contrived IMHO. To counteract that could you place one more rock on top of two rocks, perhaps in a horizontal position.

Wow you are exactly right. I just Bob Rossed them in. . Ill need to fix that. Thanks! :)

Christophervasil.com

Katie Black

Isn’t it weird how sometimes you can be so close to a painting that you literally can’t see it!!

Recently I painted something and I just knew something was wrong with it..so I mentally check-listed everything, but I still couldn’t see it.

When I showed it to my daughter she immediately said..”your paintings divided almost in half” I thought WHAT? and sure enough that was the problem, it almost looked like two different paintings..how odd is that. :D

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

talisman

That’s why this site is great…new eyes to see what we missed!
                        I like it and a fix on the rocks would make it great.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                        C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

Mary

I like how you managed all the different greens.

Mary Thompson
                            http://www.wildpinesstudio.net

Constructive Criticism Always Welcome.

gaykir

Unique! Agree about the rocks but that will be an easy fix. The rest is very nice.

http://gaylekirbyart.blogspot.com/

Looks good.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                                Every painting is a new adventure.

dave woody

The rocks don’t bother me, they could be real for all I know.

I absolutely love the White skyline, top left corner colour dabbed superbly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.