Hello everyone! Happy new year and here's to another full year of WDE fun and creativity.
I'll be posting 16 images and a challenge! Please wait until all are uploading before commenting. Many thanks.
You have 30 minutes to make your choice and choose your materials - you may use any medium you wish. Entirely up to you!
For the next two hours, just go for it……then STOP!, scan or photograph your work and post it in your own new thread with your title, beginning with WDE, plus date, plus title.
When you introduce your work, please add a description of size, medium, support (paper, canvas etc) and time taken.
If your work is digital, we'd appreciate a description of whether it's freehand drawing/painting, manipulated image or done using the filters available in some programmes - you could also say which programme you've used.
All are acceptable but we'd like to know the "hows, whys and wherefores"!!
Use WIP for any work in progress at the 2 hour mark, and MI for multiple images if other works are to be added before the following Monday.
NB. To avoid forum flooding, please put all of your work during the weekend, for the current WDE, into a single thread: multiple threads will be merged!
From the following TUESDAY, you may open a new thread for later work.
You have the whole week to participate - until the next WDE starts (usually Friday). If you finish a piece after that time, please post in its own thread and try to give the date/host of that particular week - if you can!
After posting your contribution, please view others’ entries and comment and encourage when you can. Unless requested, please refrain from critiquing.
All images are my own, please feel free to use them however you want to!
So as we head into 2017, how many of you have made new year's resolutions? Here are mine, in pictorial form
1. Eat healthily! Cookies and coconut biscuits definitely count, don't they?
2. Drink less - I just have to get through this lot first
3. Travel more (that isn't me ... or my car)
4. And visit interesting things closer to home. This is the one o'clock gun at Edinburgh castle
5. And visit interesting places a bit further away! This is me at Maeshowe, Orkney. More info here
6. Sometimes you discover things when you go on a good walk! This is the Glen Doe eagle, a sculpture to commemorate the building of a dam at Glen Doe in the Highlands. More info here
7. Paint more!
8. Look up! I liked this cast iron lamp I came across in Swindon
9. Look down! It's amazing what you can find sometimes ... this slow worm turned itself into a lovely knot!
More to follow!