WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Bronx, NY

Hails from United States
Hush

MY IMAGE(S):

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Hush
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I put this painting in the structured critique forum when I first started it, I wasn't happy with it, so I left it alone. Now I'm back at it. I tried to get the digital image colors as close as possible to the original. The 1st image is much lighter than the original.The color of the close up is closer to the original. I've made corrections to the eyes, ears and forehead. One hand (our left) is larger because it closer to us. The ears are pointy because she is of the Gentry. It's still not finish, I know I have a way to go. It's very hard since I have no reference photo

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Have I gotten the eyes a little better than when I first posted. The cheekbone area is it a little better in the contouring. Also is the facial feature's proportions better than the first.

Last edited by Miss Vicky : 10-17-2003 at 08:56 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States
You've put so much character and emotion into this painting with the distortion of the her face and color, very expressionistic. I wouldn't change a thing.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Immortalized
a human being on the face of the earth

stylized, attractive...

the folds of the upper palm pad of Our right hand
where the pinky is curved in
would work differently, I think
the upper pad would be more under the base knuckle
then the side of the hand would narrow a bit

it sticks out, only because, she is so slender
and the hand, I would think, would follow

imaginative...everything else works well to my eye...
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-18-2003, 05:25 PM
Bronx, NY

Hails from United States
Greetings Ms Tracy and Giniaad
Thank You for your comments and advice. The Hand that is in the foreground is a copy of my own, although my pinky curves. I wanted that hand to standout more. It's larger due to perspective, and that is one part of the painting that I used a reference photo(Me & my hand, though the face is not mine, shucks! ). Also the whole hand is not shown in these images, sorry, my forgetfullness. The hands are a statement and a message to the inner self(to me that is). Still, I would like people to derive their own interpretation for themselves of this painting. I'm still not comfortable with this painting, maybe it's my own self criticism. I still wish I could get an image that shows the colors as they truly are. I still have to work on the colors of the eyes and the light refraction in the eye itself. Maybe I should add this to what's on your canvas. Ms Tracy love your "Green Tea"
Blessings
Miss Vicky