WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Singapore

Hails from Australia
WIP - See the light

MY IMAGE(S):

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: WIP - See the light
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 20x15
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
busy with painting,, any comments?

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
any comments on the painting to make it better
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2015, 02:33 AM

Re: WIP - See the light

a lot is wrong with picture. Unless you purposely trying to create an illusion as if the pathway is in no way attached to the earth ground....this painting has many fundamental problems. Needs a lot of work it lacks any sense of depth and a real light source. I would suggest working from real life and paint exactly what you see instead of doing this from the imagination.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-26-2015, 01:58 PM
In my art!

The far grasses and hillocks look fairly natural but the path looks pasted on. Also, as the pieces of rock on the path recede, they would get smaller in size. What is holding up the bridge over the water?

Just don't quit painting. Redoing the path on this would make for a fine piece of art.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-30-2015, 01:23 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
agnes water 1770

Hails from Australia

Great advise above. And I would add one thing. Where is the light coming from? ie overhead noonday sun or rising or setting? Get that right and suddenly the little bridge can have a shadow and stop it looking suspended in mid air for example. Will be watching for your next development of this piece.

Marie's FaceBook Marie's Website
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-30-2015, 02:43 AM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada

assuming you want a regular path with a regular little bridge ...
i've softened some edges of the path by letting the grass grow and the bushes grow to cover the edge of the path
i also put a little reflection under the bridge, on the water, away from the bridge, to show a little distance
it's messy but i hope you can see it as an option to make the scene more believable and understandable.
the wooden slat in the bridge itself look good, but when building the rock path remember that horizontal strokes/lines will lay things flat and vertical strokes/lines with stand things up (lumpy) - how lumpy do you want your path?

la
Attached Images

Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-31-2015, 07:05 AM
Singapore

Hails from Australia
Re: WIP - See the light- next part