WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 02:29 PM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Hails from United Kingdom
Lightbulb ****WDE Jan 23/24 2015 ***IMAGES'r HERE***

Hi peeps, I will be posting 16 images and an optional challenge....

Please wait until all are uploaded before commenting - thank you.

You have 30 minutes to make your choice and choose your materials - you may use any medium.

For the next two hours, just go for it……then STOP!, scan or photograph your work and post it in your own new thread with your title, beginning with WDE, plus date, plus title.

When you introduce your work, please add a description of size, medium, support (paper, canvas etc) and time taken.
If your work is digital, we'd appreciate a description of whether it's freehand drawing/painting, manipulated image or done using the filters available in some programs - you could also say which program you've used.
All are acceptable but we'd like to know the "hows, whys and wherefores"!!

Use WIP for any work in progress at the 2 hour mark, and MI for multiple images if other works are to be added before the following Monday.

NB. To avoid forum flooding, please put all of your work during the weekend, for the current WDE, into a single thread: multiple threads will be merged!
From the following TUESDAY, you may open a new thread for later work.

You have the whole week to participate - until the next WDE starts (usually Friday). If you finish a piece after that time, please post in its own thread and try to give the date/host of that particular week - if you can!

After posting your contribution, please view others’ entries and comment and encourage when you can. Unless requested, please refrain from critiquing.

....whoooopeeee, 'ere we go

...lets start with some animals, and of course, there has to be a cow, so here she is, a beautiful one horned Parthenais heifer I snapped just up the road last summer, gotta love those shadows...

....next a doggie, this sweet champagne lurcher bounded up to say Hi as me and my lovely daughter were strolling along Siloth beach in Cumbria, Siloth may have two 'l's, my spellin's not wunderful me dears...

...last animal today, a cast iron tweetie bird feeder, softened by sunlit frost, soooo very pretty...

....now we'll neatly step sideways into a few peeps, ooh and another animal, a Weston-Super-Mare beach donkey, and moi, when I was about 7 years old, I remember that dress too, my darling mumma used to make all us girlies clothes, she was a super mumma, soo clever...

...I'll be back
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 02:51 PM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

Re: ****WDE Jan 23/24 2015 ***IMAGES'r HERE***

...some more peeps - honest, that's whats inside these suits. My brother in law makes sci fi outfits in his spare time, gotta say they're bloomin' good, with flashin' lights n funny noises n everything...

...some musicians, these lads were practicin' in the other room when we were visiting a friend up near Manchester, their son's the drummer, they write a lot of their own stuff, and I think the lead singer, who's missin' from the photo , has a fab voice... here's a link if ya wanna give 'em a listen... George Harris & the Memory Makers

...last personage, this is Elaine Davidson, she holds the world record for piercings, 3,950 of 'em - rather her than me folks , but she let me take her photo, after she relieved me of some money me dears... ya can read about her puntures 'ere... - but prepare yerself wiv a strong drink, made me eyes water it did

...after that, something a little less shocking - a beautiful sunset, snapped a few kilometers up the road a few weeks ago...

...more t' come if me pooter don't overheat ...
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 03:03 PM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

...some more scenery, the station at Buckfastliegh in Devon, where the little steam chuffers puff past me sisters house, and no that ain't me sisters house in the pic, t'is the little signal box ...

...some boats, 'cos I know there's some out there that lurves boats. I loved the day I spent here at Brixham in Devon with a friend I used to work with, fab time and sunshine t' boot

...some buildings n flowers now, these pretty asters I snapped at Buckfast Abbey, lovely colour...

...and a little french courtyard with tubs of pink geraniums...

...last lot comin' up...
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 03:22 PM
A WC! Legend
Cumbria

...walking along the Cumbrian lanes, and I found these lovely foxgloves nodding over a stone wall, and thought of all you lovely peeps

...finally some still lifes, my sister n i went walkabout on Devon art week, and visited the studio of a couple of sculptors, I rather liked all these little maquettes on the shelves at the end of the workroom...

...now remove yer shoes n leave 'em on the porch afore ye enter me sister's lovely old house, and go barefoot, very flower power we are down yer in deb'n ya know, n look out fer Mary Poppins brolley, t'as bin known t' take orf.......

...okay, y'as all been so good, ya can sit yerself down 'n 'ave a nice cuppa tea, an' a slice of cake before ya get yer paints out...

... hope ya found something t' inspire ya in this lot. If you need a higher res image, email me, I have them for some of the images.

...a challenge? um - how about trying to do one of the refs in a Gustav Klimts style, BUT - most of all have fun fun fun

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 03:46 PM

Hails from United States

Lovely photos I'm inspired to paint a few of these.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 04:14 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

I do hope that's coffee cake there - I'll down it in a jiffy!:lol

Thanks Kat - lovely trip round your home area - and around Cumbria too

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 04:42 PM
Minnesota

Hails from United States

Ooooh, can I play?
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 05:07 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario

Hails from Canada

Thanks Skatty, some great photos
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 05:08 PM
A WC! Legend
Warwickshire, Middle Earth

Blimey what a state that woman!
It's unusual to see a xylophone in a musical jam these days. That lounge with the boys is so like many I've known. Including my own when my son was younger. Still got half his kit here. Guitars Bass drums amps speakers

I think it is spelt SiLoth but I haven't been for over 20 years., When we went along the coast road through Whitehaven/Maryport and Siloth there were wild horses wandering all over the road and grazing on people's front lawns.

I like that area. We discovered the sea at wild and windy Parton near our hotel a couple of years ago.

The old seaside donkey ride heh? Was that Blackpool?

I was hoping there's be some thing French in there as I love France so much.

Love the pile of wet weather stuff by the door.

Lovely table set for afternoon tea. Typically English.

I hope to be able to participate. Maybe tomorrow.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 06:11 PM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Ooo lovely bits, I want one of those scifi costumes!

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 09:47 PM
A Local Legend
SE Ohio

Hails from United States

Some good things here Kat. Love the one of you on the donkey and how you adjusted to the stirrups. LOL. Hope to get at least one done before the week-end is over. Thanks for hosting and all your fun sayings. Would not touch the pierced lady with a 10 foot pole however. Hard to tell where I would have her pierced.
Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell the storm > > >> how big your GOD IS. Unknow author
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 09:58 PM
Mumbai, india

Hails from India

WOW!! Super Duper images here..hoping to jump right in:-)) Thanks Scatty!!!

Eager to see all the wonderful paintings here;-))

kish
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 10:45 PM
Immortalized
Philippines

Hails from Philippines

Wow! Great photos. I'll sneak one in during the course of the week. And after that, it's my turn to host. I've to get ready for that!
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-23-2015, 11:57 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Some good pics. And the band is really good. Listened to a couple other YT takes. Well-written music and a great lead singer voice.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2015, 04:29 AM
Enthusiast
Bilthoven

Hails from Netherlands

Thanks for the great photo's! I needed a relaxing sunset after the image of the piercing lady...

Now, which one to choose...?

Follow my blog: http://kittysartencrafts.blogspot.nl/
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Kitty69