WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:24 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand
Lightbulb WDE Aug 22, 2014: IMAGES HERE

I will be posting 16 images

Please wait until all are uploaded before commenting - thank you.

You have 30 minutes to make your choice and choose your materials - you may use any medium.

For the next two hours, just go for it……then STOP!, scan or photograph your work and post it in your own new thread with your title, beginning with WDE, plus date, plus title.

When you introduce your work, please add a description of size, medium, support (paper, canvas etc) and time taken.
If your work is digital, we'd appreciate a description of whether it's freehand drawing/painting, manipulated image or done using the filters available in some programmes - you could also say which programme you've used.
All are acceptable but we'd like to know the "hows, whys and wherefores"!!

Use WIP for any work in progress at the 2 hour mark, and MI for multiple images if other works are to be added before the following Monday.

NB. To avoid forum flooding, please put all of your work during the weekend, for the current WDE, into a single thread: multiple threads will be merged!
From the following TUESDAY, you may open a new thread for later work.

You have the whole week to participate - until the next WDE starts (usually Friday). If you finish a piece after that time, we now run a 'Catch-up' thread in the forum each month where you can post any WDE not completed in its allotted week .... it's a sticky near the top of the forum page.

After posting your contribution, please view others’ entries and comment and encourage when you can. Unless requested, please refrain from critiquing.

--------------------------------
Here are the images (all belong to me).

#1 -- our humble little country mountain land in SuanPhung, Rajburi of Thailand. We were "tractoring" it up for our first crop.

#2 -- three months later, our yellow beans have bloomed, our cabin was in the picture.

#3 -- "For this WDE only" me and my little daughter, Miss Lily, were helping our neighbor collecting eggs from his free-range organic hens.

#4 -- "For this WDE only" my elder daughter, Miss Iris, was playing along with our neighbor's cat.

#5 -- "For this WDE only" Miss Lily was so happy with the star fruits the kind neighbor has given us.

#6 -- Country cat at my neighbor's farm

#7 -- Another kind of traffic jam..., I was biking into this heard.

#8 -- On the way to our cabin... we saw this country man make his living, harvesting grass for goats.

Painting is my soul. My blog.

Last edited by Eye : 08-22-2014 at 05:52 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2014, 05:48 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand
Re: WDE Aug 22, 2014: IMAGES HERE

Next we recalled our short vacation trip to Hua-Hin, a seaside town, 2 hours drive south of Bangkok.

#9 -- Beach view from our rental place

#10 -- a clam hunter on the beach

#11 -- (For this WDE only), me sketching and my girl, Lily playing sand

#12 -- Beach ride, those horses were very friendly, they were on rental by hour basis...If you need, the horse whisperer will be with you during your ride

#13 -- the local "Cicada Art/craft market" on Hua-hin beach make the night stroll on this beach town so delightful

#14 -- an artist painting his postcard size collection life at the market

#15 -- We were so happy to wake up to this "giant" sun rise

#16 -- The owner of the place loaned us some stuffs to be in our still-life set up. Those fruits were raw cashew nuts. The dark part at the bottom, when crushed and roasted becomes cashew nuts we often eat.

--------------------------
Well I hope you find something that excites your art vibe. Have fun !!! I have a finger lock problem, I might not be able to type so many comments throughout this WDE, pls. bear with me.

Last edited by Eye : 08-22-2014 at 05:51 AM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2014, 06:15 AM
WC! Guide
Westbroek, The Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

Lovely photos! Thanks Also thanks for posting early

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2014, 06:26 AM
A WC! Legend
florida

Hails from United States

your children are beautiful,,,,such terrific pics to choose from, thank you...sue
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2014, 08:26 AM
Veteran Member
London, ON

Hails from Canada

Stunning pictures!!! Can't wait to pick one to paint. You have a lovely family.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2014, 08:41 AM
A WC! Legend
NYS

Hails from United States

Thank you for hosting Ai and for sharing these wonderful photos! We have company this weekend, but I would really like to squeeze in some art time and your photos are inspiring! Now to pick one.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2014, 11:08 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

wonderful photos AI, I love the traffic jam , and what a wonderful beach

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2014, 12:21 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Your daughters are delightful Ai!
I love cashew nuts but had never seen how they grow - another thing learnt!
It's lovely to see others' countries and cultures - thank you for sharing these

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2014, 06:20 PM
A Local Legend
Willow Grove, Matthews, NC

Hails from United States

O, Ai, the girls are so big already!! I know we grandmas always say that, but it's always true... I remember welcoming the new baby! And, as Mum said... Love cashews, had no idea what they grew like. ... Thanks for the trip with your family .... Hugs, hugs... Nonny
"An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl she used to be. A great artist can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is... and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be..." R. Heinlein via Jubal Harshaw re LaBelle Heaulmiere by Rodin
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-22-2014, 06:26 PM
A WC! Legend
Warwickshire, Middle Earth

Hails from United Kingdom

Thank you so much for inviting us into your beautiful world Ai. That sunset is stunning. The whole place is breathtaking. I've always wanted to ride a horse along the beach. You have lovely daughters. I like the way the artist has adapted his truck into a mobile art studio.
I didn't know you had a farm.
I really want to join in but I must finish the commission firstl. I might be able to do something in the week. These refs are too good to miss.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-23-2014, 01:06 AM
A Local Legend
Southwestern Corner of Utah

Hails from United States

Wish I had the time, these photos are wonderful!
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-23-2014, 04:37 AM
WC! Guide
Ohio

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymackay2
Stunning pictures!!! Can't wait to pick one to paint. You have a lovely family.

couldn't have said it better.

Jan
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-24-2014, 02:03 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Ai, wow, thank you! They are all so beautiful - so many things I want to draw this week and weekend. I should have started sooner, you put cats in! Is it okay to draw just the cat from the one with your daughter after the WDE? You know me, felinophile of course! I like the beach horses too, the beach scene, the art markets, oh so many I want to do. The cashew fruits Annette71 has been doing in her paintings, never saw them in photos before, so cool! I think this is my WDE week and I'll have to keep coming back till Thursday night. And cats!

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-24-2014, 08:26 PM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsloan2
Ai, wow, thank you! They are all so beautiful - so many things I want to draw this week and weekend. I should have started sooner, you put cats in! Is it okay to draw just the cat from the one with your daughter after the WDE? You know me, felinophile of course! I like the beach horses too, the beach scene, the art markets, oh so many I want to do. The cashew fruits Annette71 has been doing in her paintings, never saw them in photos before, so cool! I think this is my WDE week and I'll have to keep coming back till Thursday night. And cats!

No problem Robert...pls. go ahead, I'm glad you like them.

#15   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-24-2014, 10:16 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

PURR thank you! I love that cat's pose, she has the most lively, inquisitive action pose. Most cat photos naturally they're laying down or rolled up or sitting up, the sit-still poses. Much harder to capture a cat in motion looking around, asymmetrical standing pose! Had to do her too of course.

I might even try to do all of them this time, not quite like EP but I have a journal or two and love these photos!

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting