WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2003, 06:55 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
Daily Scumble 25/26th Sept.

G'evening , and G'morning folks I'm covering two days here as it's almost tomorrow for me.

Isn't it exciting what llis is doing for us here collecting all these threads for easy reference.... Hope you will all chip and and help out.... pop into the new sub-forum at the top of the page and look at all the threads there, vote on the ones you think will be useful and also any other threads that you think is worthy to go into the library, if a thread has been voted on often enough it is starred and then llis can pick them out as popular threads, it will make her work so much easier.

Have fun!

Mo.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-25-2003, 07:23 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States
yo, Mo! teehee...I just put the OP one up on the library thread...hope people will vote on those too, after llis gets them copied to the regular library...all looked good...and everyone has to remember to vote on regular threads that have lots of info too...right???? This is going to be awesome when it's done, a LOT easier to find information.

Charter Member of Silver Chord Art Guild
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 05:27 AM
Veteran Member

Great Idea

Hi Dyin and Mo

I had a quick squiz at the Library thingy this morning (Auz time)before heading of to handcuff myself to the easel....just a great idea as it will give so many Pastel users (Oily's and Dusty's) access to soooo much information. I will get back to it when I have more time......

Gotago...Gaka
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 06:39 AM

Hails from United States
Good morning.. I think...

Is today friday? Who am I?

Jen
Who hasn't had coffee
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 09:38 AM
A WC! Legend
Hereford, England

Hails from England
Hi, I don't do pastels but thought you all might like to look out for Octobers issue of The Artist magazine, which has a 2 page article by Jackie Simmonds!

Ruth

My RedBubble*~*~*~*~*My Photos*~*~*~*~*My work on Etsy *~*~*~*~*MY WEBSITE! (Please sign the guestbook.)
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Owings Mills MD

Hails from United States
Hi All.... Reeeally like the library... I have actually went out and read a lot of stuff . Good resources.... LOVE IT.... The greatest idea Mo! Madmum - Thanks for the heads up. How did I miss that article ... must go back and look at that issue!

BTW anyone subscribe to the Pastel magazine (is it still out there?)... do you like it? Thanks

Sharon
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 04:40 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States
Sharon...it's a great mag....dee_artist writes for them and there's a lot of great articles and work, even has a section for oil pastels.

#8   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 04:57 PM
Owings Mills MD

Hails from United States
Thanks Dyin, Been wondering for awhile but hadn't heard anyone talking about it! Appreciate the input... Sharon
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 05:19 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
G'Evening folks... have had server problems all day, I'm on dial up with virgin.net, ....been without a connection until now, even now it's iffy, can't send mail, receiving okay but receiving in triplicate..... Arrrgggghhh so frustrating, I've lots of emails to answer too.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 05:22 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States
oh, yuck! I got blocked from a close friend's email addy by their server...they say my cable company is spamming....so they blocked anyone with that addy. Luckily we have a mutual friend so could let them know to straighten it out. Hope yours gets fixed soon, Mo...how aggravating!!!

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 05:46 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
Aggravating is not the word I would choose right now. within the last hour I've been disconnected four times, so I'm logging out for the night...If I'm not around you all know the reason why.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 06:17 PM
East Coast Canada

Hails from Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by madmum
Hi, I don't do pastels but thought you all might like to look out for Octobers issue of The Artist magazine, which has a 2 page article by Jackie Simmonds!Ruth

I'm guessing it's just the English version.

Yes I also subscribe to The Pastel Journal. Dee-art's articles are very good. I'd like to see more o.p. in there, and more artists from outside the USA. It can be a bit heavy on southwestern landscapes sometimes, but overall I like it. It's just been bought out so changes may happen.

my virtual gallery
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
Well folks you may or may not be pleased to hear I'm back online, got in touch once more with tech help, and it seems the server fault is now fixed...fingers crossed..... see I couldn't stay away, not after being off all day!

Wendy, I've been meaning and meaning to subscribe to the Pastel Journal, Sue keeps on to me to to do so, so think I will, I assume they ship overseas?
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 06:50 PM
East Coast Canada

Hails from Canada
Mo, their e-mail is [email protected]

The website is www.pasteljournal.com
For some reason I can't seem to access it tonight.

my virtual gallery
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-26-2003, 06:57 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
Got it... thanks Wendy