WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:09 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
*** Daily Wash Sunday 14th July 2013 ***

Good morning all from an overcast West Lancashire. Cloud cover and expected to be a little cooler today. I hope so, I can't stand this heat.

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 03:15 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: *** Daily Wash Sunday 14th July 2013 ***

Doug, Good morning.

I can't stand this cold Very unusual winter for us. Rain and fog most of the day.

Bastille Day
My Flickr Site
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 04:25 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Doug and Annie! Wakeful night here, the birds are starting, going to be hot today. I walked yesterday evening, it was lovely, soft breeze and dappled shade along the trail.

Going to try for sleep again............BBL

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 04:33 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Hey

I spent the afternoon with my daughter. We ha lunch at Max Brenners, browsed the shops, visited our friend, bought our groceries... It was good. Been awhile since we have been able to spend time together.

I am real owies now, and sporting some interesting multicoloured bruises............

Love-Hugs-Healing Vibes.....
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 06:24 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good Day All,

Doug, hope it cools down for you. It's nice to have the sun, though.

Annie, the hole in our woods and yard is dramatic. Wife, Janet, is very stressed by it all. Yes, by an insect that should not be on our continent. That's world trade for you.

Lynn, sorry about your fitful night. Will you take a nap?

JJ, nice to have a day with your daughter. (((()))) hoping you heal quickly.

We will be off to the building supply store today for a new kind of paint to use on our deck. The original part of our deck is wood and needs a good cover for it's floor.
Sore back from cleaning it yesterday.

Wondering about Hap. Don't people know they worry us when they don't call home once in a while?
Bill

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States

OK the wounded is up at 6:20 AM

It seemed like a long day yesterday ---I think this afternoon Keith will take me to see dad at the nursing home and use a wheelchair to get to his room. Too far for me to hobble too at the moment.

JJ - Hope you are feeling better --I missed that you had a fall too. A cat thing indeed.

Saw on the computer this morning where one of the Glee stars was found dead in his hotel room in Canada. A Corey something. I did not watch the show but had seen his face around. Only 31 yo. Sad.

I watched an old movie last night ---The Women --it was great. Still holds true today I think.

I think that I will delve into something artistic today.

Will check back later

Anita
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 06:32 AM
A WC! Legend
Scotland, UK

Hi to A

Tis definitely cooler here today, what a relief!

Geoff, well done on your sale, it inspires one!

A quiet day of painting here, better than meditation, although painting is a form of meditation....productive meditation

Shown below is a photo of my brother Iain outside a chocolate factory in Krakow, Poland, he was there a couple of weeks ago with his Polish partner. He brought me back some chocolate from there, I found it had an odd taste.

Iain's daughter has just been promoted to sergeant in the police force, she is tiny, cannot imagine her ordering burly male cops but she does!

Speak later

Last edited by Flattwo : 07-14-2013 at 06:40 AM.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:02 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

(((JJ)))

Thanks, Bill, I'm having breakfast and I'll go back to bed in a little while, been awake since 2:30....

Hi Anita, Henry, BBL

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Last edited by LynnM : 07-14-2013 at 07:05 AM.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is quarter after seven on a getting HOT day here in Oakwood. We are back on the AC and very happy to have it. I grew up in a suburb of Philadelphia sans AC and I remember the miserable hot summers only too well. My Mom had a room set up in the basement with an old sofa and table and chairs. She would retreat there during the day when she wasn't working in the kitchen because it was the only place that was relatively cool.

The little baby deer was back in our yard yesterday. He was still alone, but is bigger and looking well fed, so I guess he is doing OK. I worry about him not being with his little herd though. He still has the baby spots on his back.

Today I'm going over to the Springfield, Ohio, Art Museum to see their new exhibition with my friend Jane from painting class. Unfortunately, I tried to check their website this morning to see what it is about and got this stringent warning "Reported Attack Page! This web page at www.springfieldart.net has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences." Naturally, I got out of there asap. Have you ever seen anything like that?

Bill, I didn't realize that you had to take those trees down because of Dutch Elm infestation. How sad.

Lynn, Hope you can get back to sleep and have a good rest before starting the day again.

Anita, Ouch, so sorry about your injury. Best to stay off it as much as possible until you see the orthopedic doctor. Don't want to make it worse than it already is.

JJ, Hmmmmm, tripping in the dark isn't very pleasant. Sorry about your foot and ankle too.

Annie, Wish we could trade each other weatherwise — a few degrees of cold from you for a few degrees of heat from us. Might make it more pleasant all the way around.

Henry, Sometimes attitude makes up for size re your niece in the police. When I saw the photo, I thought maybe you had shaved your beard off, then I read it was your wonderfully talented photographer brother.

Doug, Oh, do I know what you mean about not enjoying the heat. Hope your tummy is feeling somewhat better today.

Hi Geoff and all who are on the way.

SYL, I'm off to wake up Larry and put my shortbread in the oven. Strawberry shortcake for breakfast today.

Sylvia
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:32 AM
A WC! Legend
Scotland, UK

Sylvia

I have three brothers, Iain the one above is 2 years younger than me, Kenneth, the photographer is 4 years younger than me, I have another, Gordon, who lives in Newcastle Upon Tyne, I also have two younger sisters

Henry
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:41 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Sylvia, the bug is called the Green Ash Borer. It's from China and they think it came in on a wooden palette at a port in Detroit. They migrate at the rate of two miles a year. If it hadn't been for the idiots who decided to use the dead trees for campire wood, the bug wouldn't have made it to me for fifty years. By that time they may have found a way to kill them off. I say idiots, because everyone knew that campfire wood carried the bug, and there were huge fines for taking it north.

Bill

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:42 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Thanks for the hugss

Just popping in before I go to bed to post this photo for Annie..

Mt Nebo road 1931.

nite all
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:55 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
I think I'm getting better. Much less hacking and coughing first thing in the morning. All the windows were left open last night to cool off the house but I'm going to close them up again in a minute. It is supposed to be 30 today.

This afternoon I'm off to our art club for our weekly open studio that is every Sunday afternoon during the summer. I'll take something to paint. I've been watching U-tube videos on making earrings from watercolour paper. Interesting but I don't need something else to distract me from painting.

I did well at garage sales yesterday. I only went to about five (tired quickly getting over this cold) but I found the thing I've been looking for. It's a lightweight youth bed for Max when he sleeps over. He is outgrowing the playpen. It also happens to be decorated based on characters from his favourite show The Cars. I talked them down to $20 which included the mattress. Of course I then spent more on the bedding for it uptown than on the bed.

It's our anniversary today (34 years) so we are going out for supper this evening when Brian gets off work. At least we both remembered this year. It's a standing joke that usually one of us forgets. On our 20th we both forgot until days later.

Welcome to notbob. You will find the wash full of future friends.

I love coming in here first thing in the morning to share my morning coffee and to catch up on everyone's news. But coffee is long gone and I have to shower and close up the house so I'll wish you a great day and get moving.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:58 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

I'm back and the sun is back

Sylvia I checked the Springfield site against stopforumspam and it came out clear. Not a guarantee I suppose against viruses.

PS Congratulations to Ellen and Brian on their anniversary

Doug
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Immortalized
Florida/New Hampshire

Hails from United States

A hazy,muggy day at the Lake. The Loons woke me up several times last night...but it is better than sirens. Loons have very loud calls and a variety of sounds which have identifiably different messages. Googling "loon calls" should get you sound bites if you are interested.

I started a new painting...a very different one for me. It can be exciting trying something different even in ones Senior years. Actually it is exciting to be able to start anything.

Really enjoyed the Cook Island crew photos. I enjoy anyone posting photos, as we visual artists are, well, visual.

Fresh halibut on the grill tonight with a mint,kiwi,peach, habanero pepper salsa accompanied by stir fried baby bok choy with Szechwan pepper corns and ginger. Even my food is culturally diverse.

Those of us hurting are never far from my thoughts. HAWLTAIN.