WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
*** Daily Wash Friday 12th July 2013 ***

Good morning all

Dull here, but will warm up later.

PS I'm up now, and we have hazy sunshine. It's going to be another hot day, 27C expected.

Ruth is knitting penguins already

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 03:44 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: *** Daily Wash Friday 12th July 2013 ***

Gosh Doug. There I was thinking I could get your blue hearing aides back. WHAT did you say

Uneventful day here. Waking, groaning at each other over tepid brews of something of the other. Couldn't do the shopping until later because the friend with mystery illness needed a lift to Samford for her work. No problem. I go there anyway, It just increases my current propensity for procrastination. Got an hour this time.

Provisioning done, fires lit because it was really bone chilling at midday, I made a resolve that I shall paint. Came to naught and I am ashamed of this block.

Better side, a landscaper from across the road is coming to gut out our lower, once was, productive vege garden but was washed out by the great storms of 2011. Partly because of awful retaining walls. Done before our time here. Alunimium sheeting from the dump works in the dry but backloaded so much water in the Great Storm.It will be re terraced and more accessible and will have weed barriers AKA Roger and I when we can get down there.

Off to cook a Mongolian lamb thingy with veges, of course. cauliflower?
My Flickr Site
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 03:50 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Good morning Annie, I have to be quick to fool you

Good luck wih your Mongolian lamb, seems a long way to go for a joint

Doug
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 05:25 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Just lamb slivers Doug. Bought from the local butcher who access properly treated stock. Slivers are offcuts from other cuts. Thinking about it I Would like to g vegetarian which would involve divorcing my husband and my cats. Not going to happen.I like meat but I like to know where they came from and if they had a life.

Replete and belching now.
My Flickr Site
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 05:33 AM
A WC! Legend
Aotearoa NZ

Landed back in Auckland - John and I fast tracked thru customs, now we are having a sleep while we wait for our visitors!
A different temperature awaits us outside
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 05:56 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Welcome home Lulu

Doug
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 05:58 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Cold?
My Flickr Site
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 06:00 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Forgot to post Ruth latest creations - a penguin family

Doug
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 06:15 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Probably easier to get signal from Cook Islands than middle of North York Moors!

Hot here but off home overnight for art sale tomorrow.......

Fridge packed up again.......

geoff
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Quote:
Fridge packed up again.......
Oh dear Geoff, really hard luck! Hope the engineer makes good on his "repair".

Doug
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is almost 6:15 a.m. here in blessedly cool Oakwood. Windows open all night upstairs and now downstairs since I am up — catching the cool morning air.

Larry walked down the street yesterday to take a couple of photos of the house with the tree on its roof. It was only about a block and a half away from our house.

Looks pretty ominous, but from this angle, it actually may not have caused as much damage as we first thought. The branches seemed to settle down beside the roof on one side and just resting it on the other:

Doug,
I think the tree trimmers (re Bill's photo yesterday) start taking the tall trees down bit by bit from the top so they can control where it winds up. Imagine loping that tall, tall tree down from the bottom and letting it just fall like the one in these photos.

Ruth's penquin family is adorable.

I'm off to another PT session for my arthritic knee this morning. I am not really a very athletic or even physically active person, but I'm finding these gentle exercises my PT guru is giving me easy to do and they seem to be helping quite a lot.

Welcome home, Lulu, both literally and cyberly!

Annie, Your Mongolian lamb sounds yummy. I'll send you a Turkish recipe that calls for those bits of lamb...but no cauliflower, I'm afraid. Too much of a good thing is too much sometimes, eh.

Hi Geoff! whenever you check in.

to all who are on their way. White light to all who are ailing and taking care of loved ones who are.

SYL,

Sylvia

Last edited by painterbear : 07-12-2013 at 06:32 AM.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 06:30 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good Day All,

We must let Geoff know that we miss him. Ah, I see you snuk in just while I was writing. Have a good trip.

Annie, lamb is my favorite meat and yes, sheep do have a life, though, mundane. They live to please us.

Doug, Ruth's penguins are enjoyable. Perhaps the sight of them will help keep you cool today.

About why the trees needing to be cut from the top down, is to minimize destruction of other foliage and buildings they would fall on otherwise. When Janet and I first cleared trees for our building site, we weren't too concerned about where a tree fell. Now, though, we have buildings, smaller trees we want to save and power lines in their way.
This one climber is like a squirrel in Sylvia's backyard. Funny, he says he has no fear of heights, but you couldn't get him into an airplane.

Ms. Feral stays hidden under the deck. I find the constant noise of the saw and chipper unnerving myself.
They will be here again today and tomorrow.

Coffee time,
Bill

Last edited by Scene Chaser : 07-12-2013 at 06:32 AM.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 07:17 AM
A WC! Legend
Scotland, UK

Hello to All

Sylvia, that photo reminds me of a time in London in the 80's when we came back to our car and a fallen tree had demolished it

Still horribly warm here today, does not suit me at all, I'm similar to Doug, I prefer cooler weather, max 65 F

I'm off soon for my daily visit to the Hospice where Lesley is, it takes around half hour to get there, visiting starts a 2pm.

The Hospice, which is named St Andrews was founded by nuns in the 80's and is the only one locally. Although Lesley and I are both Church of Scotland (protestant) they look after all religions and creeds which is a wonderful thing, the food and level of care is outstanding, all of which is supplied via our National Health Service.

Lesley does come home on Monday morning, her pain level having been reduced slightly with the drug Ketamine. Chemo starts on Wednesday

Speak later

Henry
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States

Good Morning

OK --update on my falling off the ladder

I think that what I did was actually misjudge stepping off the ladder only I was up way to high. I landed on my left foot --then fell back onto my rear on the sidewalk and then the rest of my body hit the ground.

I just laid on the sidewalk for a minute or two and thought OK I'm fine. Once I stood up and put weight on my left foot I had troubles.

Ended up at the ER for xrays and my lower back was hurting so they did a CT scan and since I hit the back of my head CT of head too.

Final result ---I had a small fracture of my left heel. AND I had a bone spur in my left foot (thus explains why my foot hurt during my nursing shifts) that the impact broke off.

So I now have to see an Orthopedic Surgeon --probably next week some time.
Now I am hobbling along on the ball of my foot in a little shoe. I just can't bear weight on the heel. I may have to get some crutches we will see. So far I am not in pain unless I bear weight on the heel. Some swelling.

OH Yes they loved the story at the hospital

Keith had pictures of Mr. Greyson up in the tree and they could not believe how big he was. He's a big tall cat all muscle and about 14 - 15 pounds.

Well everyone I'm heading back to bed.

Anita
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2013, 08:04 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning... this is a quick visit... The weather gods have smiled on us and we have beautiful sunshine with no humidity!

Gail and Dan arrived Wednesday afternoon and set up their trailer. The weather seemed threatening, but we didn't get much of anything. Yesterday, we did a few chores and then bailed out the little pedal boat and had a swim in the lake... Magoo and his Girl stopped by for a barbeque...

Uschi will arrive today...

((Ellen)) ((Anita)) ((Lesley))

Welcome home Lulu... scary photos Sylvia...

I agree with you about our food animals, Annie...

Doug, Geoff, Bill and all yet to come... Time to make some breakfast! Have a great day everyone!

p.s. Love the penguins!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies