WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Abstract and Contemporary Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 AM
Kuwait

Hails from Kuwait
Smile The Chronophage (newspaper decoupage)

This is a newspaper decoupage on canvas painted on with acrylic paint.
Size - 60x40cm

The Chronophage (Time Eater) sits on the globe and eats away time as every second passes by. It has been consuming every passing year as they went by since the beginning of time and has seen every chapter of the earth starting from its formation to the rise and fall of civilizations and world conflicts. As it eats away the present time, the question remains – Will the future bring forth better times or will one wait eagerly for them to disappear away into the Chronophage’s jaws.

Please do let me know what you think about any aspect - the colour, the technique, the balance etc. any kind of feedback will be appreciated. It would be great if someone could let me know of a more effective way of decoupage because I found it very difficult to get rid of wrinkles however, fortunately most of the wrinkles happened around the river side so it added to texture. Thanks for the feedback

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Savannah, Ga

Hails from United States
Re: The Chronophage (newspaper decoupage)

This is amazing! I'm so new to the art world so I'm not sure how much critique I can give, but I think this is beautiful!
“Your true character is revealed by the clarity of your convictions, the choices you make, and the promises you keep. Hold strongly to your principles and refuse to follow the currents of convenience. What you say and do defines who you are, and who you are… you are forever.”
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Lord of the Arts
Norfolk, VA

Hails from United States

Welcome to WC, Immanuel. You have taken an intellectual concept and created an aesthetically beautiful piece. The composition is nicely balanced and moves my eye around without pulling me out of the frame and your color harmony works well with the subject and composition. Very nice work!

www.jim-whalen.artistwebsites.com
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Kuwait

Hails from Kuwait

Thank you for your kind comments
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States

Quote:
It would be great if someone could let me know of a more effective way of decoupage because I found it very difficult to get rid of wrinkles however, fortunately most of the wrinkles happened around the river side so it added to texture.
Have you visited the Mixed Media Forum, they might be able to help you with your question.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Kuwait

Hails from Kuwait

I shall try that! thank you.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from Denmark

I love newspaper decoupage. Have done a few myself. These colours work great. Love the dragon. As for the technique, I recommend applying soft pastel instead of anything wet that can wrinkle the paper. Now that the deed is done, however, you can try ironing - use a very low setting. Good luck with it.