WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2013, 11:19 PM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States
Daily Wash Sunday 7th July 2013

Good Day All,
Geoff, where are you?
I hope you're getting some sleep.
I'm on my way to bed.
A new sleeping remedy is a slice of whole grain toast (spelt) with almond butter covered with slices of banana and sprinkled with cinnamon. Hope it works.
See you in my morning,
Bill

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 12:15 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: Daily Wash Sunday 7th July 2013

I think it's Sunday, Bill, you are already sleepy! I'm a night owl tonight, but off to bed in a moment.

You have very militant pigeons, Geoff, there's a painting there I think. But they did recognize that it was something they didn't want...you must have modelled it well

Yes, Anne, it was their little bit of heaven, although Mum hated it when the wind was up. She had a little cabin as a studio, and always had a beautiful garden, despite the sandy soil. I was away at university mostly, but got to have weekends and holidays there.

No apologies necessary, Doris, I was enjoying the thought of you careening down the river!

See you in the morning....

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Last edited by LynnM : 07-07-2013 at 12:22 AM.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 01:36 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Daily Wash Saturday 7th July 2013

Morning all,

If you are going to jpin the Premier League of Wash Starters Bill youust get the day and date right.....otherwise you get rude noises from Oz or NZ!!

I won't mention the Rugby to Oz today though

Already warm here and supposed to be hotter than yesterday, another day for doing little?

Back later

geoff
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Well, it's Sunday Bill

Going to be HOT again today. Just as well we'll be indoors watching the tennis. After a trip to the paper shop and supermarket that is.

I'm happy with my trumpet demo, turned out better than expected for a quick sketch.

Lol about the owl Geoff, takes something to defeat the darned pidgeons. Maybe a stuffed cat?

Doug
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 03:38 AM
A WC! Legend

Stuffed cats Doug, must be loads of them out there!

geoff
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia

Don't care about the day Geoff. Guess you got too excited. NO don't mention the rugby.

So early/ late for you Bill. You did what the British and Irish Lions did to our poor little wallabies. Ate them for breakfast. Wallaby on toast.

Geoff, re your rampant pigeons, a friend related a story about bower birds when we first moved here. He loves tamarillo tree tomatoes. Grew a few to fruiting and then noticed the bower birds pecking off the fruit. the fruit was larger than even their hungry beaks and gullets and the skin too tough. . No matter, the birds would peck them off the tree, the native rats would scoff some on the ground eating the skin and the bowers were in with a vengeance with the rest. Isn't symbiosis wonderful? Him ... I'll get an old bicycle tyre and paint eyes on it and drape it across the tree. SNAKE!!! Thirty minutes of terror and one brave soul threw it out of the tree. Let the feast renew.

OK wiser, he found really flexible black tubing, at the dump of course , and painted and melded the lot to look like a carpet python in reality. he draped it through his trees and watched the cacophony of all birds, not just bower birds, screaming at it. After half an hour he noticed cocked puzzled heads and then a squadron of bower birds toss it and then got stuck into the fruit.

He pollards his trees now and nets them.

Doris!!! Why confess??? It does sound WONDERFUL canoeing down a lovely stream. OK you get into trouble and have step out into to the swirling one foot waters? My sort of place IT still makes me admire you. Such a lovely holiday.

Hi Lynn.

Karl, you live a beautiful place. All power.

Doug, cut the jokes about stuffed cats Please.

Mine will be soon but with food and warmth and love. both inside because we ran flagellum dei to dei. Goon show line. Took down the tree dahlias, snipped and tidied up stuff, Roger did unwarranted pruning IMO of the passion fruit daisy which I love but he hates. Won't be able to kill that by pruning. raspberry canes down, after a bit of a yummy feast. have to cut them now for next years yummy feast.

Winter here but temps more like spring .

BBl
My Flickr Site

Last edited by doppler : 07-07-2013 at 03:51 AM.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 04:43 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Quiet day here........... Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM
GDespicable Me2!!!!

Bill, many of our stores are dimming down their lights... I like it much better because I also think the fluorescent lighting bothers my eyes.
I love your book!! Please get your eyes checked for cataracts that is a sigh, bright fluoro lights.

Good looking Cherry pie!!!! Cute frog and beautiful Balloon Flowers, Sylvia.

Geoff, maybe there pigeon deterrents would work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipbroker
I won't mention the Rugby to Oz today though
Rugby, what rugby. never heard of the game..

Anne I love your new driveway!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by villagernb
We shovel the driveway ourselves in the winter (with snow scoops)-- you're welcome anytime, JJ.
Send me my air fair and you are on!

Doris, the adventurer. Take it anyway you can get it girl!!!!!!!!

Love, hugs, healing vibes..
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 06:19 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
After the first two really warm days so far this summer, today is raining with a high of 8. At least I'll be at work all day. I'm feeling a little under the weather with a bit of a cough feeling like its trying to develop into a chest cold. Hope I make it through the day.

Gotta run. Have a great one.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 06:53 AM
A WC! Legend

JJ...Good idea but I would need nearly 20 metres and that is tooooooo much money!

geoff
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 07:41 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Well, it was Saturday when I posted.

Bill

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 08:16 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good morning! Cloudy and warm, we're expecting more showers this afternoon. Rain, rain go away.

We attended a retirement party for one of Ted's colleagues yesterday afternoon. The weather held until early evening when the sky opened up and the rain literally teemed down! We did have the protection of an enclosure, but the rain effectively sent most people home.

We were planning to go to a Lavender Festival at a local farm today, but the weather will decide for us.

Doris... they say confession is good for the soul... I chuckled at yours... especially the image of your having to vacate the canoe to get free of the rocks...

Sylvia, your pie is picture perfect and I'd bet money it tasted great! Loved the photos of your balloon flowers.

Bill, did your sleep remedy work well? I use almond butter to make gluten free cookies.

Lynn, your parents home sounds heavenly, indeed! I used 140# Arches paper. After affixing the outside covering (I used contact paper), I slit two small lines into the cardboard. I slipped the elastic ends through to the inside of the cover and glued down the elastic ends. When that was dry, I glued a cover paper over the inside cover to hide the ends. The spine cover is duck tape!

Geoff, your pigeons are determined to roost where they want to roost... I always marvel at the veracity of the little birds who attack the hawks and vultures in our area... Stuffed cats? Eeeeuuuww...

Doug, I peeked at your trumpet demo but didn't comment yet (came here first)... It sure looks like nice shiny metal...

Annie, it would never have occurred to me to make phony snakes!

JJ, a quiet day is a good thing... you could probably go through a lot of these little books.

((Ellen)) I sure hope you're not getting a cold!

So, Bill... did your remedy work??????

I wonder how the Cooks Island crew are making out... and I'm blasting lots of positive energy to (((Lyn)))... ((Henry and Lesley)) are also on my mind...

Have yourselves the very best possible Sunday...

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 09:09 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States

Char, the sleep remedy definitely helped. I will try it again tonight.
Your book, BTW, is gorgeous.

Bill

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 09:13 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Char, I have a book shelf full of sketchbooks I must admit, I do love sketching..

Bed time whil eit is still Sunday eh. :P

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 09:19 AM
A WC! Legend

Quote:
Stuffed cats? Eeeeuuuww

Anyone want to send me some???

Oddly enough we have cats either side of us ( thats another long story) and they prefer to stay under our trees and hijack the wrens, blue tits and blackbirds and never try for pigeon as a main course.....

geoff
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Sun and birds here, lovely now but will feel like 32C later with the humidity. I'm making an eggplant dip to take to a pot luck this afternoon. We are meeting at a friend's pond for barbeque, lovely spot surrounded by conservation land....possibly a swim although I am not a fan of most pond bottoms. So I'd better get busy. Ants are somewhat under control, will get the big guns in tomorrow.

Thanks for the info re book Char. Lavender farm sounds interesting. We have one near us too, I want to get some of their honey, as it will have local antigens in it (supposed to help with one's allergies), but it is pretty pricy.

Thinking of Lyn and Henry and Lesley

Speaking of rugby, I finally saw some results by doing some research online....all the 7's games from Russia were on a channel I don't get, and the sports news never mentions it. Glad to see both the men and the women did pretty well, men were only defeated by NZ (although they didn't get to the final, they did get the plate), and the women were in the final, also against NZ, what a powerhouse that country is!

Lovely story of the 'snakes' Annie! I think the term 'bird brain' is a misnomer.

I hope your mum's eye settles down, Pat, it's amazing how our brains adjust to new lenses, internal or external. Looking forward to seeing your new portrait.

Hi JJ, Geoff, Doug, Ellen and all to come, have a rewarding day!

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen