WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
*** Daily Wash Tuesday 2nd July 2013 ***

Good morning all, a fine morning here so far after overnight rain.

Read about JudyL's excapade with the car alarm So embarrassing.

Couldn't stand all that heat.

Bowls this afternoon if thecweather holds then the upholterer is coming to see if he can adjust the springs on the sofa where iI sit. Poor thing get a lot of hammer with me sitting in the same place all the time.

Good reaction to this month's challenge.

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 02:25 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States
Re: *** Daily Wash Tuesdat 2 nd July 2013 ***

HI Doug and Everyone else to come

It is 2:15AM here in OHIO. So far a good morning here too.

Feel like I slept for hours but only since 11:30 tonight. Guess I will check out the internet and see what I can learn tonight.

I was just reading about 19 Firemen getting killed in Arizona fire. I still can't figure out how that happened. They were with an elite firefighting team - something must have went horribly wrong.

Well zipping off again

Anita
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 03:01 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: *** Daily Wash Tuesday 2nd July 2013 ***

Morning Doug, from evening here. Skies have cleared, wind is up but it is warmer.

Have to say, Kev, your daughter in law is an inspiration.

You've probably picked up the baggage at Auckland now and are enjoying a tropical drink in warmth.

Anita, the deaths of those guys is SOOO awful. It doesn't matter what the training, and they were trained well, when Mother Nature spits .... she spits.

I feel desperately sorry for the men and for their families.

BTW Wagging finger icon. YOU are not getting enough sleep.

Roger is cooking tonight (something ... not him) He is also turning into a household wiz!!! Something I aspire to, and something he never thought he
could do. Educationally ? Black hole? Chaos theory? Whatever. I'm grateful.

All good. In return I have to let him loose in a camera shop tomorrow. As if I would stop him

Cats have made the usual tactical error of coming in out of the cold and are now breathlessly sleeping because I haven't fed them yet. Suck those tummies in felines!

BBL
My Flickr Site

Last edited by doppler : 07-02-2013 at 03:06 AM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is almost 6:15 a.m. here in still sleeping Oakwood. More showers in the forecast for today.

We are celebrating Larry's 73rd birthday today by going grocery shopping since we missed it on Sunday. He'll have his special cherry pie and vanilla ice cream instead of cake, but we'll wait until next weekend so Kari and family can enjoy it with us. Here is a photo of the birthday boy and me from last Saturday:

And here is a photo of the miniature colt I mentioned yesterday. He is only 7 weeks old and not fully grown, but when he is, he still won't come up to his owner's shoulders. His fur is soft and velvety at this age:

Annie, It's great that Roger is enjoying exploring cooking and other household endeavors and liking it! Good for him and for you as well.

Kev, Bon voyage, hope your journey to the Cook Islands is more comfortable than the first leg was. That's a LOT of time on an airplane. What great news that your DIL is now able to get around in her wheelchair and is doing as good as she is. Sounds like a very determined lady. for her and your son as well.

Doug, Hope the upholsterer can fix your sofa for you.

Anita, Hope you were able to go back to sleep and are enjoying a good rest after exploring the Internet for a little while.

Henry, Thinking of you and Leslie and sending healing vibes her way.

to all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 06:24 AM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

everyone,
I slept in this morning until 5:30. I wish I could sleep like Brian. LOL. There is blue skies and sunshine outside but another cool morning. The temp at our airport is 3 but the thermometer is reading 6. Apparently the low for the night before was 0.7 which is a new low for that date.

I'm not sure what the plans are for today. Brian wants me to go out to our sons camper and help him with the flooring. I would be useless as it is a small space and I haven't done it before. I think my time would be better spent here. The one thing I do know is that we have a little shopping to do first. It's my DIL's birthday today and I need to pick up a gift that my son wasn't able to get uptown to pick up. He is in the middle of 5 nightshifts and wants to give it to her when he gets up.

I am sure Kev, Chris, Lulu and John are having a wonderful time already.

I hear Brian stirring so I need to get organized for the day starting with breakfast. Enjoy whatever the day brings you.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 07:49 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good morning! Another cool and cloudy day is brewing... if it doesn't warm up soon, the field crops will begin to rot... we really need some sunshine to heat up the land.

Yesterday afternoon, we picked up Magoo and his Girl and took a nice drive to Sarnia along the St. Clair River. It rained most of the afternoon, but it finally stopped the further North we drove. We went to the beach on Lake Huron but the waves were hitting shore at about a metre high... and the north wind made it cold! Despite the undertow from those waves (and the cold) lots of people were swimming. Canada Day celebrations were in full swing at Canatara park with lots of music, craft and food tents, etc. We decided to head to the twin Blue Water Bridges for *fries under the bridge*... decadently delicious.

I have a Class this afternoon. They'll be free painting, so I don't have anything to prepare. I will shovel up the floors, though.

Judy, I at your thrill that Jack couldn't get the alarm to stop! Sorry.

Kev, it's good to read that your DIL is doing as well as she is... She's living proof that a positive attitude is a huge factor in getting on with life despite her setbacks. Inspirational. After all that air time, I hope you have a great time on the Island!

Doug, I agree with you about that heat.

Hi Anita... I don't know how you function on so little sleep.

Annie, how neat that Roger is taking charge. Partnership.

Happy Birthday Larry!!! What a GREAT photo, Sylvia... You both look terrific!

And, a Happy Birthday to your DIL, Ellen!

I wish the best possible day for everyone. I'm off to begin my own day...

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 08:25 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Obviously I have not been missed today!

Early appointment at the Opticians for annual check-up......have had increasing problem with my right eye mainly due to diabetes for which I have been having 6 monthly retinal scans.......but appears I have started a cataract in that eye too..which hasn't helped.

Breezy here and overcast but not too cold......spending the afternoon in studio sorting some paintings out for a one day exhibition in next village next week...

geoff

p.s. Annie...see Kevin Rudd appointing 12 women in his Cabinet!
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 09:06 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Just lost a whole post, clicked off the field, I guess....have to go, morning at the Village, BBL.

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 09:09 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

(Found it ) grey and wet here, more of our 'cooler than normal' summer. I feel for those in the heat waves, so difficult.

Off to the Village to deliver my latest project, not happy with it, but so goes the creative process I think it could be made more flattering for the wearer, so will work on that.

Hi Geoff! I posted a silhouette of our steel mill in my Tall Ships thread, thought you might notice it. Hope they can do something with the eye....the cataract, well, most of us have to go through that operation. My colour vision has so improved since mine were done!

You had a lovely day yesterday, Char! nice to be with family.

Nice photo, Sylvia, congrats to Larry! it's a good age Sweet pony.

Glad Roger is settling into a suitable niche, Annie. He must be having fun getting ready for Yosemite!

Judy, good story, you will enjoy telling it, after a while

Hi Anita, Ellen, Doug and all to come.....hope the day is good!

Hugs to all in need, especially Henry and Leslie

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 09:12 AM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

It's misting out there and another dull day. Not very warm either.

Today is Larry's and my Birthday (me 57 Him 58). We don't really have any plans for tonight; maybe Jen and Matt will come over later. THey leave tomorrow for their camping trip up north.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sylvia's LARRY!! I hope your celebration this weekend will be great. OH yum cherry pie sounds delicious. That is a GREAT pic of you both. Sweet little horse. GREAT pic of you and your grandson and your daughter yesterday too.

Happy BIrthday to Ellen's DIL. It's a GREAT day to have a BIrthday if I do say so myself.

I woke up with a slight headache; don't think I slept very well last night. I know Larry kept waking me up telling me I was snoring. Maybe that is why...but it's subsiding now after a nice mug of joe.

Back to my data entry now. WAVING TO YOU ALL!

I hope you all have an extremely wonderful day,

BBL!

Darla

Last edited by olliewood0702 : 07-02-2013 at 09:22 AM.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Veteran Member
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

A good Tuesday to all the Washers......it's another beautiful day here, mid 80's called for, but humidity really low for us at this time of the year which is a blessing i'll take.....yesterday was so nice out, I ventured outside to do a little puttering about and probably over did it and am paying for it this morning. I think today will be an inside day, could stand to straighten up the studio area some and there's always the slides I can scan..........an I can catch up with a few art and design friends that I need to touch base with....

Sylvia, I'm with Larry.... can't beat a good cherry pie with vanilla ice cream. It's right up there with Blackberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream.......both would be my downfall.

Annie, like Roger, I've become the "household wiz" and the cook too since basically retiring due to health issues....Lisa works and I keep things going smooth on the home front. The truth is though, us men will never do it quite the way our wives think it should be done...who knew, apparently all my life I've loaded the dishwasher wrong.......

Have a good one today everybody......spread some color.

Steve.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 10:45 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Quote:
Hi Geoff! I posted a silhouette of our steel mill in my Tall Ships thread, thought you might notice it. Hope they can do something with the eye....the cataract, well, most of us have to go through that operation. My colour vision has so improved since mine were done!

Lynn...with being away at weekend I had somehow missed the Tall Ships thread...silly of me as two years ago I had a Tall Ships article when they visited Hartlepool.......Interesting steelworks,somewhat different to 'ours', the late and well missed Denis TOF, and I, exchanged pictures of steelworks and his we sorry that he had never got around to painting 'his' before they started pulling them down!

Anyway, great pictures...sailing ships and steam trains always emotive subjects to me......

geoff
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 10:54 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Hi Everyone!!

Just a quick post, I am using the library computer. Had to make sure that anything that sold on eBay will be sent out. My own computer broke down yesterday morning and since I am off to the cottage in an hour's time I didn't call techi son. Might be a while even after I get back because he is VERY busy with his own business.

Coolish but we had sunshine, don't know where it went right now. Still humid though.

HAPPY BIRTH DAY, DARLA, LARRY AND LARRY!!

My computer time is up, I'll probably be back on the weekend.

Char, if you responded to my email, I didn't get it due to the broken computer. Will be in touch via phone when I get back.

Uschi

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 11:02 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good Day All,
Doug, I have the same problem with my TV viewing chair. We do make nests, don’t we?

Sylvia, lovely photo of you and Larry. Happy Birthday to the young looking Larry. Still running at 73.

Geoff, we share left eye problems. I also have a cataract with additional problems in the same eye. I now wear sunglasses whenever outside, even on cloudy days.

Happy Birthday Darla and Larry. Still young in your fifties. I would be afraid to wake Janet for snoring.

The sun is shining, though, there is a threat of rain today. I have work to do outside anyway.
Bill

#15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2013, 11:05 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Back from bowls, one and a half games then rained off.

Lovely photo of you and birthday boy Larry Sylvia.

Happy Birthday to Darla and Larry.

Hi Geoff, yes, I was surprised you hadn't started the Wash.

Watching the Tour de France time trial at the moment.

Doug