WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 12:01 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom
** Daily Wash Saturday 8th June 2013 **

Morning all.

Thought Peter (ollie owl) normally did weekend shift???

Five straight hours sleep till legs woke me up,I will stay up now till market time.

Dull start but supposed to be warm again today.
Back later

geoff
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 03:45 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: ** Daily Wash Saturday 8th June 2013 **

Evening Geoff and all to follow.

Who's legs Geoff

OK I know .... yours.

Day here started sunny then clouded, then spat at us. I got the washing off the line. Then between mizzles Roger and I planted a veritable feast for the eye of snapdragons and stock. Should we not get a dry spring again. We are having a delicious Winter this year. Vegetable garden doing well. We shall drown in broccoli soon. No matter we both love it. I didn't plant as many garlics this year but heaps more leeks and they are doing well. While planting out the snappies etc. I lifted, read riffed out, a whole pile of dahlia tubers. We will plan where they go next. Plan being the joke. Gardens change anyway. Last year they were critter food in the dry spring.

Fish and chips tonight.... with broccoli.

My Flickr Site
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 04:48 AM
A WC! Legend

Why spoil fish and chips with the Devils own food Annie??

geoff
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 04:51 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States

Well Geoff

Looks like I'm up again ---haven't been able to get a wink of sleep and it is 4:45am.

Busy day yesterday - worked at the museum till 5PM. Walked around to look at all the catered tables decked out for the Art Ball on Sat evening. It looked very grand. I've always read about it but never have attended. It is too $$$ for my budget.

Got home and walked 5 blocks to our downtown. It was the first Community Night of the season. Live outdoor music till almost 10pm. Great weather. The band was called The Termites. Played all kinds of pop and rock. Dancing in the streets last night.

Well I'm gonna try it one more time. Nite

Anita
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 05:34 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

It's our own devils spawn, Geoff. Pure and no chemicals. Only raindrops from the great spitting. Taste is a lot different to store bought stuff, even the so called fresh stuff. Not like the English schoolboy nightmare ..... cabbage. Fresh is better than lettuce.

Anita, rock on !!!
My Flickr Site
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 05:40 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

I had the last saturday of my 6 week workshop today. It was so much fun, and I am seriously thinking of joining up again in August.

#7   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 06:15 AM
A WC! Legend

Love raw cabbage,sprouts,cauliflower (favourite) and turnip but eat none of these cooked...........some veg I won't touch at all especially parsnips, used to eat Brocolli but was once given it curried and after that urggggggggh.....

Anita....Just watched the (Dayton) Termites on Youtube...they must have been around awhile looking at their faces......sounds fine though.

Off to an auction of caravan accessories at the Rally we couldn't go to......sun hats at the ready.

geoff
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 07:00 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Would love parsnip Geoff. Can't do them here. No frost, for sweetness.

Yes, all the brassicas taste better fresh and crunchy.
My Flickr Site
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 08:09 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good morning... it's still cloudy and cool. The house is dark and gloomy and we have to turn lights on!

Tomorrow we're going to visit my Sister in Waterford to celebrate her Husband's birthday. My contribution to the meal will be potato salad and sandwich buns. I'll make up both of those today.

I worked on my painting yesterday and guess I've learned from my mistakes because, so far , it's working out ok. I'll paint today, also.

And, there's always laundry. It's the weekend, so the washer and dryer will be running. I don't want to risk hanging stuff out on the line in case those dark clouds begin to leak.

Geoff, if you get out of bed and *walk off* the leg cramps, can you get back to sleep afterward?

Hi Annie... your dinner sounds yummy... especially because of the fresh broccoli! We've been feasting from a huge variety of lettuces, kale, and spring onions...

Anita, after such a busy day you deserved a good night's sleep! I hope you finally managed it.

Join it again, JJ... if you love it, then do it!

Geoff, did you know that some vegetables such as spinach, kale and tomatoes are more nutritious when they're cooked? And, perhaps it's the curry you just don't care for and not the broccoli...

Mmmmm... parsnips... I'm the only one here who'll eat them.

Coffee has been brewed and Husband has made a nice breakfast... time to go... to All yet to come... to All under the weather... wishing Everyone the best possible day.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 08:12 AM
A WC! Legend
Australia

I just went back over the last 3 washes. Gosh I missed a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschi

So I am here to show off, all together I must have played more than 20 games. Some with Dorothy and some with Ron. Dorothy and I won the GOLD for ladies double, Ron and I won the GOLD for mixed doubles and another GOLD for Ron and me for the couple who won more games than anyone else We didn't lose one signle game.
And a double YAY!!!!! as well. Way to go Uschi..

to all who are hurting..

Love and hugs

JJ
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 08:16 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good Day Geoff, Annie, Anita and all to come.

Hope you get to sleep, Anita.

I had a poor night's sleep as well. I'll be having an early nap.

Al least the sun is shinning.

I may mow some lawn today. Not much, though.

I love all cruciferous vegetables. You know what they say, "Cruciferous vegetables are the colons broom."

Bill

#12   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 09:05 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Show day and the clouds are pretty low....oh well, it must go on! I hope we have a large tent to escape to. Still finishing up a hem here and some ironing there, blast off time is 12 noon.

Bill, what a vision!

Glad you enjoyed the workshop, JJ, it is stimulating to work and learn with others.

Good that your painting is going better, Char. I like parsnips too, but in small doses, and best baked with carrots. Something my mother liked, but I didn't until I was 'grown up'!

Your garden is a wonderful resource Annie, when it rains, makes me think seriously about taking a plot here. I keep thinking that I run around too much to look after it properly, but uncontaminated broccoli would be a great reward. Next best thing is to get to our local market, starting this week local farmers bring in their goods and many are organic. Must make an effort to get there.

You had a lovely evening, Anita! That happens to me, brain not used to so much stimulation

Hi Geoff, and all to come! Have a good day

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Quick check in from hotel loung before dinner.

Weather is lovely and fine but blowing a 20 mph easterly.

Booked 5 tours around the island so far, had a walk to the shops.

Doug
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Hey all,

What was in the air yesterday? Shooting In Santa Monica made the national news. While I was in class in Hollywood -- helicopters circling, sirens screaming. Student came into class and said she saw two police officers, guns drawn on two guys. Got home, or should I say within reach of home, and couldn't find parking, couldn't even drive down the side streets to find parking.

Found yellow crime tape all around the intersection of 3rd Street and La Brea. Traffic being diverted all round. Turns out an elderly woman had been hit by a huge truck. Don't know if she survived. He had been trying to turn right. In that behemoth he wouldn't have seen her. At least they were able to stop him before he took off.

There is an epidemic of hit and runs here in LA. It's become the leading cause of death. And people seem to have no conscience about just taking off and leaving the scene of the accident. Odds of being found and prosecuted are almost nil.

On to more pleasant things.

Congratulations Uschi!!! You're not getting older, you're getting golder!!

Happy Birthday to Ruth!!! Waving to you both. Hopefully you can see it in Jersey.

Great video Karl.

Have fun today Lynn. Hope it doesn't rain until the show is over. Think I finally came up with an idea. Ordered the metal. Should arrive next week.

Anita I hope you got some sleep.

JJ isn't taking classes and learning new stuff great? Take it again.

Doris it depends on the roses. If they are old roses (found or bred before 1868) they will not bloom again. If they are modern roses they should bloom well over the whole of the season. Floribundas (multi blooming clusters) will do better. Hybrid teas tend to have a great big first showing and smaller ones after that. As for growing one in a container on your balcony -- you need six hours of sunshine per day to get blooms, and you need to fertilize regularly because a container limits the nutrients a rose can get. I put Osmocote in twice a year. It lasts four months, so Jan/Feb and then June/July.

Edit: Char I have been meaning to tell you -- for findings for your kumihimo try Fire Mountain Gems and Beads. They have everything!! I have a feeling your painting mistakes wouldn't be visible to my eye.

For those who did not get enough sleep hope you are sleeping soundly now -- getting a nap in. Or will get a good night tonight.

The wash seems kind of short today.

Geoff was just thinking of Peter (ollieowl) last night wondering how he is.

Must get something done today. Dishes and laundry looks like. Borrrring.

Last edited by kaypainter : 06-08-2013 at 01:39 PM.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-08-2013, 02:24 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Afternoon!!!

Sun is trying very hard to stay out but big dark clouds keep winning, no rain so far.

As I mentioned before, I was babysitting the kids yesterday morning then drove them up to their other grandmother to look after them in the afternoon. Ethan has the nasty habit of switching the interior car light on and not switching it off, so this morning I am getting in the car to go to table tennis and the battery was dead Cost me $ 25 to have it boosted.

By the way, I mentioned this before, most taxies carry these portable battery boosters with them, they only cost $ 25, whereas CAA charges over $ 40 and are much slower than a nearby taxi.

Had my lunch and am having a rest and then need to get tidied up for DIL's parents who are coming for the Gulasch dinner I prepared previously.

THANK YOU ALL for your congratulations on my gold medals!!!!!!!!

Karl, when I click on that link it tells me it is not safe to open.

Kay, scaru goings on

Doug, you are there already I hope you have great weather for all your tours!!!

Lynn, I hope these black clouds aren't making their way town your way and spoil the show!!

Bill, do we need old or new brooms Couldn't possibly beat sauerkraut!

JJ, if you enjoy it - DO IT!!!!

Char, oh dear, what a shame!!!! I hope the drawing wan't too intricate.

Anita, that sounds like sooooo much fun!!!!

Annie, It's kind of weird to read that your garden is doing really well in Winter.

to ALL here and all yet to come and and best wishes to those of you who are not well.

The sun seems to be winning out

Uschi