WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#151   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Lord of the Arts
East Coast USA

Hails from United States
Re: The Oily Rag....................Come and Chat, February 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toril
Fascinating program about Leonardo and a newly discovered painting on UNCEX (a PBS-channel). Showing how it was restored.

I'll have to look for it. I'll bet that you and one other person saw that show with the super bowl on tonight .......

I believe one of the premium channels has a weekly show about Leonardo, but it is more like he is an action hero ....

Drawing is the basis of art. A bad painter cannot draw. But one who draws well can always paint. (Arshile Gorky)
  #152   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Paul, so true being a bowl night...

I nearly forgot earlier and called my nephew..would have been a horrid mistake.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #153   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:24 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Virginia, US

Hails from Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesail
I'll have to look for it. I'll bet that you and one other person saw that show with the super bowl on tonight .......

I believe one of the premium channels has a weekly show about Leonardo, but it is more like he is an action hero ....

Paul, it was Da Vinci: The Lost Treasure with Fiona Bruce.

And yes, nobody on Facebook had any opinions on it.
  #154   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 AM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

OMG, just decided to try a little of the chocolate wine..."a red wine with natural chocolate flavor" IT IS JUST SO WRONG.. and completely undrinkable..I do think I can get some frozen yogurt, mix it in and try that..well...was an experiment to begin with, and we know how most experiments end..
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #155   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 AM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Quote:

And that really is a shame!!!
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #156   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Yep, I finally got in touch with my daughter, but not for long -- she had to run to the grocery store to get more superbowl snacks. I'm glad I called early. Her husband took her out for dinner Friday night, then her eldest son took her out for breakfast Saturday morning. Then her husband took her out to another restaurant last night! .. and of course superbowl munchies tonight.

Some birthday party, huh?

Toril, I never have been a sports fan, even when I went to a university that had an unbeaten football team for years at that time. It was interesting for home games when I was walking to the library, because a block away, the cheering at the stadium sounded like the ocean.

Himself and I don't watch sports on tv, so I sort of wish I had seen that Leonardo da Vinci show!

Becca, it's sports-crazy around here, so I knew not to call any of my friends!

#157   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:38 AM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Nancy, we are kindred spirits about the sports...if I'm playin, it's important, but not really a watcher...even with chocolate wine to accompany..

I'm going to go unload my car I think....am finally getting a plan..
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #158   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 AM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Mornin all!!!
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #159   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Good Morning, Oily Peeps!

Becc, I ate some grapes that had been dipped in chocolate once and they were delish. But chocolate wine sounds like a travesty!

#160   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:19 AM
A Local Legend

Good Morning!!!
I'm not a sports fan and bf isn't a football fan, although he wanted to watch a little at the Saloon because we were already in town. We had a couple beers and left.

I went to bed at 9 again, and must've caught up on my sleep. Got up at 7, and now my coffee's drunk and I'm ready to go.

Quote:

It looks like the full program is on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58bPQG_SrHg

I have been alerted that my internet may be slower than usual this week, but I will try and watch it. Youtube used to let you pause a video until it loaded, then watch it. That isn't always the case anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
OMG, just decided to try a little of the chocolate wine..."a red wine with natural chocolate flavor" IT IS JUST SO WRONG.. and completely undrinkable..I do think I can get some frozen yogurt, mix it in and try that..well...was an experiment to begin with, and we know how most experiments end..
I would save it and use it for cooking. Thanks for testing it out, I will avoid temptation. It actually sounds like it would taste good.
  #161   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:29 AM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyMP
Good Morning, Oily Peeps!

Becc, I ate some grapes that had been dipped in chocolate once and they were delish. But chocolate wine sounds like a travesty!
It is
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #162   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:31 AM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia, sounds like u r sleeping for both of us....thanks.

The description did sound good...was way sweet though...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #163   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:39 AM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpalms
I went to bed at 9 again, and must've caught up on my sleep. Got up at 7, and now my coffee's drunk and I'm ready to go.

Question: How do you get coffee drunk?
Answer: Take it out to a bar and show it a good time.

#164   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyMP
Question: How do you get coffee drunk?
Answer: Take it out to a bar and show it a good time.
I'm goin with the coffee
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #165   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:44 PM
A Local Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
Marcia, sounds like u r sleeping for both of us....thanks.
What are friends for?

Nancy, Lol! I hesitated with drunk, drunken, drank, and none of them sounded right! I suppose 'have drank'? Man, I must be losing it (and I haven't got a lot to lose!)! And/or the coffee hadn't taken effect.