WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum > WIPs (Works in Progress)
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Enschede

Hails from Netherlands
[WIP?] Galadriel

Hello all . It's been long since I posted on this forum, I have been reading along for a while, though.

I have recently started a new drawing, graphite on A3 sized paper.

I would really like comment on how to improve her more, although I'm already very satisfied with how I've done (this is my sixth portrait of a person :P ).

I allready decided that the nose needs some more work, same goes for the right side of the upper lip (from our point of view) and the cheeks need some work, same goes for the right eye (from our point of view).
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:56 AM
A Local Legend
Ĺrhus

Hails from Denmark
Re: [WIP?] Galadriel

Looking good. I think we need to see a touch of the other nostril and ridge around it (no idea what the proper name is), thin her upper lip on the right, and move the outside point of her right eye way down. Left eye is very nice, as is the angle of the face.

http://www.artallison.com/
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

Re: [WIP?] Galadriel

I like crits that not only state what needs repaired, but also offer suggestions as to how to make the repairs. I agree with Allison's, and your own comments. I would add that I think there should be stronger shadows where the light is blocked: in the hair against the profile, viewer right, and on the cheek under/next to the scarf, viewer left. Just a tad darker. Was this done from life?
Ella
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Enschede

Hails from Netherlands
Thumbs up Re: [WIP?] Galadriel

Thank you both for the comments. I've tried to adjust some of the points already:

Unfortunately due to the dark world outsite, the picture is not as good as it should be. I hope I will be able to take a better picture tomorrow.

@ AllisonR: I tried to take your comments into account. The nostril was kinda hard to do, since there is none in the picture that I used as a reference.

@ Crafor: I think it is because of the picture that the shadows seem to light, for one reason or another I am not able to make a picture that shows true contrast... The shadows are in real life almost as dark as the pupils and the dark area of the scarf (on the right for us).

The drawing is partly made from a picture (the face and hair), the rest I filled in myself.

Anyway, thank you both so much for your comments , when I work on a drawing for a long time, I get detailblind or something.