Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #298: Jan 8, 2013 -Jan 16, 2013

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    m50paul

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name on the last page of current hosting list Sticky on Art from Life forum:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are our rules for this Hunt:

* All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! This Hunt will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Scavenger Hunt #298: Jan 8, 2013 -Jan 16, 2013

Draw something that has zipper
        Draw something you can keep in your pocket/purse/wallet
        Draw something blue
        Draw something related to what you do
        Draw something forbidden
        Draw the condiments on a diner or casual restaurant table
        Draw something with numbers
        Illustrate a line from a song
        Draw something that has a knob
        Draw something you look up at from below
        Draw something very light
        Draw your junk drawer
        Draw something with more than two legs
        Draw something slippery
        Draw a snack
        Draw something you can tie
        Draw something cute
        Draw something bright
        Draw a table
        Draw something strange
        Draw a bottle of water/liquid
        Draw something orange
        Draw something that makes you smile
        Draw something made of glass
        Draw a camera
        Draw Something that starts with the last letter of your name.

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

jacquip

Nice list Paul, thanks for posting and hosting. The illustrate a line from a song sounds interesting, will have to think about that one.

Jacqui :cat:
            critiques and comments always welcome. I appreciate the effort of sharing knowledge.
            http://jacquipetersen.com/

artastic

very intriguing list Paul

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Paul, Thanks for the list. I started to think of the last letter of my name — first or last name. Ha, both the same. “O” Guess I could use my real first name, Karen, (I’m Karen Jo Castillo) then I have a choice. Ha.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Thanks for hosting.

(Last letter of the last name? Last letter of the first name? Last letter of the WC username? So many choices :) :) :) … ducks and runs away….)

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Eye

Paul: Thanks for the list.

Jo: Nice to meet ya, Karen !!!

….uhm…. I am looking for an “iguana” to sketch for the last letter of my name..:crossfingers:

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                        https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

m50paul

you guys are too funny….. I am going to be flexible here on the last letter of your name….. you can use the last letter of your first name, the last letter of your last name, you can also use the last letter of either your first or last name reversed….. also if you want you can use a friends name or an alias if that makes it easier…… in any event if all else fails you can use my name :D

I drove to Montreal today to visit my son…. love this city

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

wheeee- fun list

thanks for hosting Paul -glad you could get together with your son-

Robin
                            The mediator between head and hands must
                            be the heart. Harbou - Metropolis
                            http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/

artastic

hmmm I have the same conundrum as Jo
                                Bonnie McBride, ‘e’ for Either
                                or artastic ‘c’

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

Kivrin65

Paul– Thanks for the list
                                    1. zipper, inktense pencils, about 5×5.7 inches, about 2 hours
                                    2. something I keep in my wallet (money)
                                    3. something related to one of the things I do (cook)
                                    4. condiments from a table
                                    5. something with numbers (phone)
                                    6. something slippery (container of olive oil)
                                    7. bottle of liquid (vinegar)
                                    8. something that starts with last letter of name (hammer = Elizabeth)

Scattykat

Thanks for the new list, Paul :)
                                        Kivrin, first outta the blocks and cool collective sketch. Love the bright orange condiments and vinegar bottle, well done phone, hammer looks well solid, bravo on all :)

I’m off to a good start this week, managed quite a few already. All on cartridge paper in my A4 sketch pad.
                                        1. zip – on camera case – graphite
                                        2. what I do – camera for photography
                                        3. camera – in the case – tee hee hee :lol:
                                        4. orange – boxgraphite and crayon
                                        5. bright – sparkles on the glass
                                        6. knob – stoppers in the perfume bottles
                                        7. glass – my perfume bottles

8. condiments – little salt and pepper kitty cats. – sharpie
                                        9. something I carry in my pocket – and
                                        10. something that starts with the last letter of my name – ‘n’ notebook :D – pen and watercolour
                                        11. blue – little blue flowers and stitching
                                        12. cute – my teeny tiny pink teddy :heart:

13. strange – kitty cat plasticine head on a paint brush handle :rolleyes: – graphite

:wave:

Scatty ....
                                        ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

Eye

Paul: Have a great and safe trip to Montreal.

Scatty & Kivrin: Super fantastic sketches.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                                            https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Hockey Dad

Hi Scav Junkies!:wave:

Thx for the list Paul!..enjoy your time on our side of the border!..man Kivrin/Skatty..your guys are setting the bar way too high!! fantastic stuff ladies!!..Skatty..thats one eerie cat head!:eek:

Hope to get a few done in the next few days for sure!..fun list!

Irwin

I'm not much to look at, I'm nothing to see..I'm just glad I'm living, lucky to be..I've got a woman who's crazy 'bout me...she's funny that way:heart:.

Joan T

Kivrin – Nice collection of items! Love the color and shape of the condiments.

Kat – Wonderful shading on the camera case. Love the glass bottles and that cute notebook.

1 – something with numbers – pencil

2 – camera – watercolors

3 – something very light – inktense pencils

4 – something blue – watercolors and ink

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Meisie

What a neat list! And a bunch of fine sketches too. I’mgoing to see if I can manage more than one sketch this hunt ;)
                                                        Don’t know what’s the matter with me, but if it’s not lace full of holes it is fabric full of stars? geeeesh!

‘Something blue’ Fabric bird, done in ArtRage with ink pen and watercolours. The piece of paper is 4″x6″

:clap:

Charne
                                                        Website & Blog - Reflections
                                                        Prints

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 78 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.