WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Chelsea upon Sea, Norfolk

Hails from England
Re: Outside the Lines - January 2013 Chat Thread

Hello everyone again. I'm finding it difficult to fit anything in with a newborn, he is 9 weeks now.

But 15 mins a day might be achievable, some days.

Annie, Mum and slave to- 24 budgies, 9 corn snakes, 3 guinea pigs, 8 cats, 4 dogs, 45 chickens, 6 cockatiels, 3 rabbits, 3 children, 1 partner.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-20-2013, 03:36 AM
Enthusiast
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hails from South Africa

Good luck with the baby Lotsofmoggies! sleep is probably your number one priority right now....but good luck on trying for 15 mins a day!
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Chelsea upon Sea, Norfolk

Hails from England

I managed to do some sketches and with baby asleep over my arm (how can they sleep in such strange ways?) I started a pastel sunset.

I'd love to do some cp but its too time consuming at the moment.

Annie, Mum and slave to- 24 budgies, 9 corn snakes, 3 guinea pigs, 8 cats, 4 dogs, 45 chickens, 6 cockatiels, 3 rabbits, 3 children, 1 partner.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 AM

Hails from United Kingdom

I like the idea of 15 minutes a day with my pencils. I will try to do that, thanks for the idea.

We have had quite a bit of snow for the UK recently. Here is the view out of my studio window.

Regards,

Carol
Attached Images

#20   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2013, 01:50 PM

Hails from Poland

I am certainly going to try to find more time to draw something this year It's been months since I posted anything here.. I am actually planning to do some landscape(s) as soon as it gets warmer. It's quite cold and we have lots of snow this year although it's not always like this( contrary to what some people may think about winters here )
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Lord of the Arts
Scotland

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazza50

We have had quite a bit of snow for the UK recently. Here is the view out of my studio window.

thankfully its all melting now. we got 3-9 inches in some spots but 20 minutes away there was nothing, very odd
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member
South Carolina

Hails from United States

I want to get more involved with my local art association. I have not been active in a couple years. I also want to find more ways to market my work. 15 minutes a day sounds great too, but I won't even try to commit to that. Hope you all are getting a good start on the new year...and Happy Ground Hog's Day!
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 06:54 AM
ontario and florida

Hails from Canada

Hi everyone. I'm excited that I've finally gotten together my composition , and it now transferred over to my support. This piece is the most challenging I've done, because it involves putting together a memory that is wished. A little girl that was separated from her grandfather. Working with seperate photos of the both of them I had to come up with a pose where it looked like they were together in the same picture. I hope I can pull it off. It'll be just too hard to get the skin tone colors working for me on both faces, so I'm going to do it in cool grey scale polychomos. I laid down some initial layers last night. Ahh!!! Maybe I shoulda gone with warm greys? Anyone every done a portrait in greys?

”Every artist dips his brush in his own soul and paints his own nature into his pictures.” -- Henry Ward Beecher.
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 AM

My goal for the new year is to be working on something, anything every day. I am in serious need of "me time" and my work has been suffering over the last few years. So far I've been having a blast drawing every day!