WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business > Internet Sales Strategies
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast
WA

Hails from United States
Blogger or Wordpress?

Does it matter which?
I tried them both and found Blogger was more user friendly so I don't give Wordpress much of a chance. But some people give the impression nothing other than Wordpress is acceptable. What are the advantages/disadvantages of the two? Does it make any difference as far as attracting art fans and readers to your blog?

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member

Re: Blogger or Wordpress?

I've found that wordpress does much better in google than blogger so it may help in art fans and readers finding you but to keep them depends on the content of your blog rather than the platform used for it.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Enthusiast
Boyup Brook, Western Australia

Hails from Australia

I've used both and have always prefered wordpress.

At the time when I changed my domain to a blog as opposed to a static website, wordpress was the only one that allowed me to host the blog on my domain as well as have static pages. Not sure what changes blogger have added in the past few years to catch up, so there may be little difference other than personal preference between the two now.

IMO what make a difference is a) content and b) allowing people to easily comment on your blog - none of those stupid captcha things that never work, and allowing all options for logging in for viewers to comment - just turn moderation on so you verify comments before they post to your blog.

Website/Blog
Facebook Page
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 PM
In my own world/Anywhere

Blogger set up is amazing, and it's easy to use. Wordpress is really good too, but what is the main difference? I don't use them, but it seems like they don't get much visitors. I never seen any comments on blogs unless they're really popular, or controversial. You're just really going to have to promote the blog a lot for people to see it, because it comes up in the first page of Google when it's visited a lot.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2012, 04:29 AM
A WC! Legend
She who rambles

Hails from United Kingdom

Either can work. Wordpress has a lot of more advanced features, LOTS more. But frankly it does my head in and I can't stand being admin for a blog on it. Blogger is more straightforward, and particularly for newbies it seems easier.

I'm on Blogger mainly because I started there and Google own it so I reckoned it was the better bet for search results (though that will depend a great deal on using the label/title/description tools and having good content).

Tina.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member

Blogger has static pages and you can also use your own domain with blogger. Blogger now also has the option to remove the blogger bar at the top of their blogs.

Wordpress does not allow affiliate links if the blog is hosted at wordpress.com
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-14-2012, 05:28 AM
Boulder, Colorado

Hails from United States

I use blogger, I like it because its free, and pretty easy to figure out and get started with quickly.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-17-2012, 05:40 AM
A Local Legend
London

Hails from United Kingdom

When Blogger started out it was pretty basic. However it now has many more features and the functionality which enables it to virtually operate as a website for many people as it has static pages as well as the feed pages relating to a blog

You can also host your Blogger blog on its own domain - and it's the domain which could give you better Google ranking - if your content is good enough!.

Speaking personally I don't have any trouble ranking #1 on Google for my blog name on my Blogger blog

I've looked at Wordpress a number of times but like Tina I keep thinking why would I want the extra hassle. I might get some extra options but I'd also lose the lack of hassle and peace of mind I get with Blogger because it is so easy to use.

It's actually very important to choose the name of your Blog and your URL carefully - whichever route you choose.

I've got a website about "Blogging for Artists" which you might find helpful - just do a google search