WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
Honoring One of WetCanvas' Own: Stirling

I came across Michael Stirling's wonderful watercolors quite by accident! He is no longer with us, but I wanted new members such as myself to be able to view his work! He was so amazing. I man of few words, like his bud, John Wayne, but prolific and so very very talented!

Here is a link to one of his tiger paintings. If you click on his name, you will see "All Threads" started by him, and please, feel free to be amazed! I was working on prelim drawings, and I've spent a couple of hours looking at his work!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...rrerid=1112952

Much Happy Painting! And, Thank You, Stirling, for allowing us to see your wonderful art!

Kiwi
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 AM
A WC! Legend
Texas

Hails from United States
Re: Honoring One of WetCanvas' Own: Stirling

Mike was quite the gentleman and wonderful artist! We miss his paintings and his encouraging words about our work!! RIP, Mike!!

Katherine
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2012, 10:58 AM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

Yes, a wonderful painter for sure. Miss you Mike!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

I'm so sorry I didn't know that Mike had passed on. He was a wonderful painter of animals of all types.

Thanks for starting this thread Kiwi, I've added him to the Wet Canvas Memorial Thread: A Place to Remember our WC! Family.

He's there with some of the other wonderful artists who were part of our Watercolor Family in the past. I'm sure many of you will like visiting them on memory lane.

Sylvia
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2012, 11:40 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

I was so sorry to hear that Mike had passed away when he did. I knew at the time I would not see another new painting from him again. Still missing you, Mike.
Bill

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2012, 01:34 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

I wish I could have met him! I'm so very happy that a site has been set up on WetCanvas to remember our friends.

I love to paint big cats, and am painting a tiger for a special friend. I already had my fur, the eyes, the nose, my backgrounds (to a certain extent ) all worked out (from previous paintings), and I was looking at how others painted their blacks, because I've never been happy with the stripes on a tiger or tear lines on a cheetah the way I painted them. And, yes, I did find a great tip for those blacks from reading Mr. Stirling's posts!

But, most important, finding his work and admiring his work kept me at the computer for hour after hour! A treat!

Kiwi
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 AM
WC! Guide
New York City

Hails from Puerto Rico

Wow, beautiful work and I may have seen more of his paintings here but didn't know much about him.