WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2003, 06:54 AM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
Weekly thread 4th -10th August.

August, the last month of Summer, another week another weekly thread....Summer with luscious fruits, raspberries, plums, peaches, nectarines, , gardens full of ripe tomatoes and colourful flowers......meadows of buttercups and wild flowers, butterflies fluttering by, bees humming and wasps stinging...sea, sand, sun colourful people in colourful dress........ enough to titilate your imagination? ....... let's see some sunny colourful Summery paintings....have fun......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of you know now what this thread is all about but for the benefit of those who are visiting for the first time:-

The objective is to paint or sketch as many times as you like during the week, but within a given time limit, i.e:-

25-30 minutes, 40-45 minutes, and 60 minutes. Small sizes, 8x10, 9x12..or whatever size you feel is right for you.

Time yourself, using a timer or alarm clock and as soon as the timer goes off......stop, and post it here...

The idea behind the set times is so that you learn eye and hand co-ordination, be able to paint what you see without being bogged down by detail and therefore improving your skills.

So come on in whether you are a newbie, a professional or somewhere in between....... all are welcomed here, no critiques unless you specifically want them. It's great fun so do join in.

Here's the link to last weeks thread, some beautiful ones here for you to see and give you an idea about what this thread is all about :-
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...hreadid=122362

Last edited by Mo. : 08-04-2003 at 06:58 AM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2003, 07:20 AM
A Local Legend
bournemouth dorset

Hails from United Kingdom
graphite and pastel study

Not working today yoo hoo,but found myself a model to work from,so i did this this morning just on the hour,tried to be quick and loose with the graphite and whacked on some pastel quickly in order to qualify as a pastel drawing,as it's really sunny i think i'll take her out to the garden and do some miore sketches rfrom different angles .

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2003, 07:38 AM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
Guilli ~ lucky you on your real life model..... Well done!!..... have fun painting more in the garden, look forward to seeing them.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2003, 11:07 AM
A Local Legend
bournemouth dorset

Hails from United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Mo.
Guilli ~ lucky you on your real life model..... Well done!!..... have fun painting more in the garden, look forward to seeing them.
Sorry Mo,i cant tell a lie,even from a small boy my mum would look me in the eye and she would know my model is only 4ins tall and 2 ins wide had to carry her out to the garden by the time i got set up i was dripping all over the place so i brought everything back in,maybe later lol.

there you go my model hehe,i won her in a golf tournament back in 86,never thought of drawing her before,at least it's not a photo
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2003, 12:53 PM
Immortalized
My Heart's in Marquette, My butt's stuck in Vegas!

Hails from United States
Nice drawing, glad to see that you have good models that don't move to work with! OK Mo, we better see a plethora of drawings this week...
Romans 12:18 "If it is possible as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone"
My Website
Stock Photos
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
LOLOL! Guilli... well it's 3D... as good as in my book.... good for you anyway... seeing the 'model'.. you have done really well... I'm still dripping here, I've had three showers today, but each time I shower I start dripping again...

Greg... I thought a plethora was something you strummed a guitar with ....joking apart ... keep watching this space, I may surprise you yet..... Hmmm where's your's today? I was expecting the office stapler at least.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2003, 12:37 AM
Immortalized

Hails from United States
A stapler huh? I was thinking a tape dispenser this week!
Romans 12:18 "If it is possible as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone"
My Website
Stock Photos
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2003, 03:27 PM

Hails from United States
This was done on three different sittings for a total time of about maybe an hour. strathmore ,9x12. A practice piece/modification/interpretation of an original project.
Attached Images

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-05-2003, 09:53 PM
Immortalized

Hails from United States
Nice drawing tick! And Mo, I drew the stapler's cousin, the staple cartridge, I'll upload it as soon as I get it downloaded off my digicam....
My Website
Stock Photos
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2003, 09:58 AM
A Local Legend
East Anglia, UK

Hails from England
That's a pretty landscape, Tick. Guilli ~ nice model Where did you get her? Is she African? Hope to join in with some sketches tonight. Decided one of my birthday presents will have to be one of those USB adaptors Mo mentioned.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2003, 12:25 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States
Ha...forget quality...soft pastels, live MOVING CONSTANTLY subject AND....drumroll...PLEINAIRE!!!!!!! Ha...actually took the sticks out to do a morning glory....just guess I'm not a delicate kind of girl...flowers not my thing...so only had kind of landscape colors...so started these...and never can go fast with the OPS...so a little dusty and smudgy, but better handled outside....so...45 minutes on the nose...9x12 watercolor....

Charter Member of Silver Chord Art Guild
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2003, 12:27 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States
hey, tick...awesome! Guilly...fooled me... course, I'm easily fooled....

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2003, 02:47 PM
Immortalized

Hails from United States
Cool looking dogs, my mutt never sits that still either....
My Website
Stock Photos
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Enthusiast

Tick - splendid as usual. You really handle all those greens wonderfully!!!

Dyin - great dog sketches. It is difficult when they move but very dynamic!!

Guilliame - lovely African Statue!! One of the first acrylic paintings I ever made a few years ago was of one of a pair of 4foot African statues that I have!!

Here's my sketch. Its from a foto of my 8-year old son when he was 2 years old. This is quite small 6X9ins and in pastel pencil. I don't like working small but this small pad is ok with the pencils....
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2003, 03:55 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States
Hey, nougat...(that always makes me want some chocolate!)...lots of color on this one...how long did it take???