WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2003, 07:38 PM
West Palm Beach area, FL

Hails from United States
Smile My Summer Vacation

Hi, Guys,
Am now online: www.pastelsocietyofcolorado.org
I have 6 paintiings on the site - all you are allowed. One of these days I hope to have my own site.

Am currently in a show entitled Some Like it Hot (3 pcs) at So. Union Gallery, 85 So. Union (Denver metro area) in case anyone lives in my area. The submitted work had to be in reds, yellow, orange, etc. What a fun show. It's up 'til 7/26. Then have 1 pc. hanging at a local art movie house. Had 2 juried into a 75th Anniversary show - pc. entitled Canyon Stream won Award of Excellence & is one of 6 online. Will be in Artists of Colorado annual show juried by Buffalo Kaplinski - rather well known w/c artist - that piece entitled Flowerfall & is also online. And just submitted slides for yet another show. Hope I get in - it's a Natl. show juried by Louise Cadilac - also well known artist. She works in multimedia doing collages.

Well, now I'm taking a well deserved breather. Actually living, breathing & making art for this length of time has really been good for me as now I can't stay away from my easel for very long or I get withdrawal symptoms.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2003, 08:07 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
Well done Bobbie Great achievements... the ' Springtime' and 'Skagway' are my favourites there... gorgeous work from you, thankyou for sharing these with us. Good luck with all those shows.

Mo.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2003, 08:47 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States
Hey, really cool on all the shows and the Award of Excellence...I can see why! Also liked the Skagway...but the golden mountain ones are close to my heart...I have photos of the mountains when I lived in NM and they are just that gold color...never saw it anywhere else but see the Rockies must offer it up too...only saw it twice like that...tried to paint it but no one believed a mountain would be that color! Plus I'm not very good at landscapes lol!
Sounds like you are busy, happy and fulfilled...so nice to hear that!

Charter Member of Silver Chord Art Guild
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-18-2003, 08:51 PM
A WC! Legend
Raleigh, NC

Hails from United States
Wonderful work, Bobbie!! I look forward to seeing more of your work - more, more, more!!!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-19-2003, 03:17 AM
Veteran Member
Manchester .Uk

Hails from United Kingdom
My you are a busy bee!
Well done on all you have achieved. Keep at it.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-19-2003, 03:31 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United Kingdom
Going great! Well done!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-19-2003, 10:41 AM
West Palm Beach area, FL

Hails from United States
Hi, Wonderful WC'ers,

Thanks Mo for the lovely words of encouragement, Soap, thanks, too, for taking a peek. Angeline, so glad you liked my stuff.
Dyin, I love the mountains. I miss them terribly when I'm not around CO. NM is another favorits spot of mine. Where do you live? I've also visited Tucson from time to time and loved it there too - even tho their "Mts." are more like our foothills. I find that in most of my landscapes, the mountains just seem to creep in no matter what.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-19-2003, 10:45 AM
West Palm Beach area, FL

Hails from United States
Oops, Kyle, wanted to respond to you, also. Yes, I will send more pix. Am working on 2 more landscapes. One is so different than anything I've done before. The other just needs to "simmer" a bit (as Margaret Evans says) before I am totally finished with it. So in another day or two will attach pix.
Thanks again.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-19-2003, 11:59 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from United States
Bobbie, in Pocatello Id now...there's mountains around, but my impression of them is they're 'dead'...not the same...I used to live in the foothills above Alamogordo...towards Ruidoso...aah, I so miss it. Love northern AZ mtns too...someday!

Charter Member of Silver Chord Art Guild