WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2003, 08:16 AM
A WC! Legend
England

Hails from England
Daily Grumble 2nd June 2003

.... ssshhh Popped in here at work ......

This has been a roller coaster year so far me........ (never did like fairground rides - and feel like Im riding on the Big Dipper ) .......

I wanna get off...... feel sick !!!

..... too many probs to mention..... anyways..... just wanted to let you know........ that for the time being I wont be so visual or verbal... so try not to miss me to much

.... will try and participate when I can........... dont worry, like Arnie....

I'll be back .............

.......... I just dont know when
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2003, 08:36 AM
Enthusiast
South Florida

Hails from United States
Here you are Dawn ... but it's JULY now, please don't make us do June over again!

The only words of wisdom I have for you is that if we don't have problems how will we know it when we don't. Get some lucky bamboo, it really works for me. Now try to stay out of the tunnel and off the roller coaster.

Since I reported in last night on my activities I don't have much to say except I slept and now I'm up again. Although my brain wouldn't quiet down last night thinking about what's ahead with the new job.

Enjoy the day!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2003, 08:51 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United Kingdom
He Dawn - head up girl! You only live once. Keep it happy.
We'll be thinking of you - and surely miss you - so when you can, do pop in and let us cheer you up.

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2003, 09:02 AM
A Local Legend
East Anglia, UK

Hails from England
Can't possibly imagine an invisible, non-verbal Dawn ... it's against nature!! I hope you find a way to creep in here now and then ... and that you'll find time for your pastels
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member
London

Hails from England
nothing too serious i hope dawn, keep your head to the sky and work out your frustrations with your pastels...good luck mate
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2003, 12:49 PM
A WC! Legend
Seattle

Hails from United States
Dawn - we're all thinking of you and will miss you but totally understand when you need to slide off the face of the earth for awhile. Please let us know if there is any way we can help.

Keep checking in when/where you can. We'll be watching and I promise to let you sing some more!!!

Did you get your art supplies?

Doe - congratulations on the new job. Had to laugh about the pee test since I used to work in Human Resources and have folks do that for me. YOur guidelines are a heck of a lot more stringent however.

I'm off the airport to drop off my honey and then I think I'll tackle at least one of my old paintings that I never finished. It just seems like a good thing to do.

Cheers! Barb

www.MorninNoonanNight.com
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2003, 02:41 PM
A Local Legend
Maine

Hails from United States
Dawn! I will miss you and hope things are alright! We'll be here waiting when you come back!

New job Doe? I missed that! COngratulations and good luck with it!

Sandy
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
Awww Dawn... we will miss you.

Hope things work out for you.....TTFN...speak soon.

Mo.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2003, 07:08 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
Sophie... just saw your pics in yesterday's scumble... what a terrific bulding...did you say you were painting this one?

Well took the car to the garage today, they couldn't find anything wrong with the brakes, but bled them and topped up the brake fluid...so for nothing wrong we ended up with a £20 bill and a day running around in circles, not having a car at our disposal it was public transport.. HUH!! Being in the sticks, we have about 6 bus's per day, none after 7. p.m. none on a Sunday too, so a car is a necessity here.... anyway here's my business cards for those that wanted to see.. hope you like and thanks Sophie for all your help.

I'm very pleased with them....can you spot Dawn's garden?

Cheers,
Mo.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2003, 08:49 PM
A Local Legend
Maine

Hails from United States
Terrific cards Mo! And yes...I can see the gorgeous garden there!

Sandy
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2003, 01:23 AM
A Local Legend

Oh! So nice to see them!! Oh, and my favourtite swan is on top.......are you going to show the other swan in the exhibition as well?
Great stuff.

No, am not painting this building (just yet )....but it will linger in the back of my mind.....caus' it would make great subject matter. Instead of painting.....am trying to write about it.....sometimes it is so much easier to say things in paint, and not in words.......sigh.....but the ones who will examine me will not except that.....LOL....(did somebody ask what I am doing.....am working on getting my doctorate in art history/specialized in architectural history.....nearly there.....finishing touches to my thesis.....)
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2003, 05:38 PM
A WC! Legend
England

Hails from England
..... just wanted to pop in here ...... to say thanks for all your kind words ........

unfortunately Smudge..... it is serious ....... all will say is its Major Family Problems...... but its the sort of stuff that rips your heart out ....... and leaves a big empty hole that not even art or pastels can fill - I rec'd my new art supplies this lunchtime ......... just looked at them and left them where they are - hence the song earlier....... but with a different meaning to the words ...... instead of felt...... feel
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2003, 05:45 PM
Immortalized
South Wales.U.K.

Hails from Wales
So sorry to hear about your family problems Dawn.

I didn't realise. Hope all will be well soon.

Take care.

Mo.
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2003, 05:47 PM
A Local Legend
Maine

Hails from United States

I'm so sorry Dawn! I too was hoping it was nort really a big deal. But yes, family is important and when things are not going well...it can be difficult.
Good luck! Pop in here if it makes you feel better...but if not then don't worry about it!

Hugs!

SAndy
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-03-2003, 05:59 PM
A Local Legend

All the best Dawn! Stay strong.