WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Digital Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2000, 12:22 AM
Panama

Question suggestions for graphic tablet

I need to get a graphic tablet that i can use for web designing and to eliminate the use of the mouse. Can any one give me recommendations on which graphic tablet to get?. I was considering the Pablo, Graphire and some other inexpensive usb-based tablets.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2000, 12:42 AM
A Local Legend
Texas

Hails from United States
I have Pablo. I used it twice, now gathers dust. I don't know if that says something about me or it!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2000, 01:13 AM
Enthusiast
Cleveland, Oh.,USA

Hails from United States
Cool

I have a Wacom. Love it!

Gisela

------------------
http://www.artistnation.com/members/paris/gisela
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2000, 06:17 PM
A Local Legend
New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand
Thinking of getting one myself, I beleive some need a special AGP video card,
Rod

------------------
Watercolours from New Zealand
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2000, 01:57 AM
Veteran Member
Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Hails from United States
Wacom, definitly! Giesla is so right! I have been using these for 8 years, and I wouldn't think of using Photoshop or Painter without it. Just the thing for quick butchering of critique forum pics! On the other hand, I still use a mouse or trackball at the same time for precise vector work and general work. Unless you fighting a repetitive stress injury just use them both.
To get in at a low cost, I would recommend a small Wacom Intuos tablet. Even the 4x5" (around $175.00) has as much total resolution and 4 times the pressure sensitivity of my first 12"x12" one. Plus you can eventually graduate to the WAY cool airbrush stylus if you wish!
Listen to Tammy here and do not scrimp on this purchase, bad tablets can sour you on the whole idea and you will never know what you are missing. Good Luck!
Oh, Rod, you shouldn't need any special video card with a Wacom, the drivers are just like mouse drivers on both PCs and Macs. My mac ones seem to work far more smoothly though, don't know why. The pressure sensitivity functions are usually turned on from within your art aps.
-Mark

[This message has been edited by Miltz (edited June 18, 2000).]
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2000, 09:02 AM
A Local Legend
Atlanta, GA

Moving this to the Digital Art Forum, gang... :-)

Cheers.
Scott
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2000, 04:36 PM
Dayton, Oh, USA

Hails from United States
Cool

I use wacom .... it is great I have the Graphire ... it is nice I have a mouse or pen ... I find now that I have it I use the pen more then mouse, but if the rest of the family wants to use the computer the mouse is there for them to use...

Jim Weir