WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Digital Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2000, 11:50 AM
Lancaster, pa united states

Post pc paintbrush

Hi,
I have been searching the Net for any info on PC Paintbrush. I am assuming it is an old graphic software program. Would like to buy the software, but can't find much info on the Net. I love painting an sketching using this program.I was using it on someone's computer and would like to find books or the software itself. Thanks for any info submitted.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2000, 01:11 PM

That's a blast from the past. "PC Paintbrush" was the name of a paint program published by ZSoft, Inc. It was one of the first paint programs for IBM PCs around. ZSoft got bought by WordStar, who got bought by an outfit called SoftKey. The SoftKey domain name now takes me to a page for The Learning Company, so perhaps they got bought once again. At any rate, it seems that Paintbrush is no longer published.

On the bright side, there are a number of nice graphics programs out there. For freehand sketching, I'm fond of Metacreation's Painter. (Used to be called Fractal Design Painter.) You can get a stripped down demo of the previous version
from their web site. It has lots of interesting brushes and surfaces that attempt to mimic natural media.

Adobe Photoshop is a nice tool, but it's a little more oriented to photo manipulation and editing, whereas Painter is meant for direct creation. Paint Shop Pro, from Jasc Software, is a cheaper alternative to Photoshop. I also ran across a demo for "Chaos Fx", which seems to sort of split the difference between Painter and Photoshop. It seems a little rough around the edges, but it's relatively cheap.

http://www.metacreations.com
http://www.jasc.com
http://www.world-of-newave.com