WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The WetCanvas! Galleria > Open Critique Forum
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2012, 03:28 AM

Julie-Anne By The Sea

MY IMAGE(S):

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Julie-Anne By The Sea
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x32
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
The scenery is based (with creative artistic licensing) on the Greek Island of Santorini.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Please provide any insightful feedback you feel applies, thank you.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2012, 07:22 AM
A Local Legend
Hill Country, Texas, y'all

Hails from United States
Re: Julie-Anne By The Sea

Wow. Talk about blue! Julie's like some sort of angry Goddess. The heavy darkness of the hills screws up depth perspective but that's part of the charm. The only thing I'd suggest is where her top meets her skin you could add a little definition. Now the top seems not to have any thickness but looks painted on. Oh and the ear's a little big?
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Dana Design

All told, it's a very nice painting but something must be done with the eyes. Whites of the eyes are not really white and given the distance of the subject from the viewer, the blues of the eyes would not be that color...much too bright. A bit of work there and you have a very lovely painting!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

Obviously you're a skilled painter. You've created an intriguing painting. It's a pity though, colours don't match everywhere. Maybe you could have chosen all colours blue or blueish.
But I do like your work. You succeeded in turning a rather common pose into a somewhat mysterious painting.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member
Kentucky

The picture is really striking and I love the intent gaze, the blue, the simplified objects. There seem to be anatomy inaccuracies through the shoulders and the arm, and they really jump out at me. Length of arm, placement of shadows, armpit and the angle of the lower shoulder connecting to torso all seem to be off.