WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting > Oil Painting - Hall of Fame
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:19 PM

Re: What's On Your Easel?....June 2012

Alaska week 4.
Attached Images

info@hamiltoons.com
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:23 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Scott, looking simply beautiful!
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:09 PM
queensland, australia

Hails from Australia

still kinda in progress
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2012, 10:14 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Seal, nice color choices!
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 PM
queensland, australia

Hails from Australia

thanks

this is the one I just finished

lol sorry for the photo quality, batteries in my camera went flat so they're from an iphone.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2012, 04:22 AM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

seal, photo is fine..great color here too!
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2012, 04:22 AM
United Kingdom

Hails from United Kingdom

I am running a WIP thread in the WC Aviation Art section on this work, but thought it worthy of repetition here for not only does it show 'Whats on my easel in June 12' it also shows several stages of my artistic process on a single canvas. I do not prepare the canvas with an undertone and I have no idea why not beyond never feeling a need, therefore you can see a 'paint-by-numbers' preparation with a drawing pen on virgin canvas. Several different layers in the green jungle with barely a square millimetre of plain colour. ...and the illustration that comes from depicting a subject whose shape is fixed by design. ie a machine, and in this case a helicopter. The amalgamation of ilustration into an artistic setting that demands light and recesion consideration enables this type of work to fall squarely into an 'art' category. Finally note that I have marked the canvas around the edge with a line that will eventually disappear behind a frame; a simple but effective measure to ensure that I do not loose something important due to framing afterwards.

I hope its inclusion here proves beneficial to someone. Oil on canvas - 36" x 24"
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 AM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Chas, nice work and thanks for sharing your process!
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Düsseldorf, Germany

Hails from Germany

Haven't stopped by for ages but it's nice to see there's still lots of great work going on here.

I was stuck for ages with this but got myself unstuck with some juicy Cad orange and a palette knife
Attached Images

#55   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:52 AM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Mark, I like the vibrancy too!
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2012, 04:44 PM
London, England

Hails from United Kingdom

Hell's Mouth. Oils. 12 x 16.

Finished! On to the next one...
Attached Images

My website: Graham's paintings
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Illinois

Hails from United States

Great work everybody! Here is one i'm starting. It is my 84 year old neighbor with the grouper he caught.This will definitely be an excersize in mixing different shades of blue
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Oh, Graham, the flowers complete the painting beautifully.

Jules, sounds like it is going to be a great painting, cant wait!
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2012, 09:10 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

Today I prepared a drawing on a 24x18 and then painted this little 4x4...of our loved and famous Sid,

Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-05-2012, 09:43 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint

Nice monochromatic painting, becca. Coincidentally, I am in a workshop right now with Marc Hanson and he is having us do BW studies plein air!