I've been working on this one for over a week, (yes, I'm very slow) and experimenting. This is a white board. I went over it with an irredescent watercolor and did not get the effect I wanted, so out came the black ink. I scratched the puppy but it still did not have the effect I wanted. I remembered Allan's gorgeous bird and happened to have some gold leaf. I liked that effect! I did find out I don't have any way to clean the brush though, no turpentine or anything like that, sigh. I still didn't achieve the effect I was going for in my mind, but I'm happy enough with this one to show it.
I've got three more to finish but need to get a Rottweiler done pronto. I'm using a photo that was sent to me, but Cathy Sheeter has a star in heaven for having that Rott picture in the RIL, I've got a decent reference that I can see, not like the blob in the hallway from 20 feet away that I'm working from. Thank you Cathy!