This afternoon, I used wheat starch to glue the phone book pages and newspaper to my support to do collages for this MAY CHALLENGE: Let's Do Collage
at Watermedia forum. (Yesterday, I used Gel Medium.)
I microwaved the wheat starch with a bit of water for 1.20 min. Too long. It should be around 1 min or make it into the consistency of clam chowder.
Anyway, I used all of it.
I did two other collages before this one and you could read about them here
. But this one was the last one and my favorite piece of the day. Very much my type of subject matter. I post my nudes mostly only at my own thread at my signature.
Material: Some cardboard from the bottom of a box 10.5 x 16 inch.
First layer - wheat starch and newspaper clippings
Second layer - Michael's watercolor palette and Yarka student watercolor
Third layer - the sun was setting and I had to do this before daylight is gone so I could photograph it. Used Portfolio watersoluable oil pastel instead of watercolor or gouache and then Chinese brush and Chinese ink.
Incidentally, my previous attempt on another cardboard of 2x3 ft is a soft pastel piece and it's still hanging on the wall because I like it so much. Cardboard painting gives me such freedom to experiment in larger scale that often gives me superb inspiration.