WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Abstract and Contemporary Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-31-2003, 02:47 PM
Enthusiast
Wirral

Hails from England
Meditation2 WIP - I think

Acrylics on board. I might do more to this.

detail...

#2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Enthusiast
no borders

Kali,

I think that this could be my 2nd fav of yours (with the 1st being one of those ones you did to music).

I really, really, really love the color of the blue and the nuances within the blue. I think the red is brilliant. I might add some very thin supporting horizontal lines against the red -- but very carefully, and not infringing the blue...

But that's just an idea -- and not necessarily a good one...

Fantastic, grounded work. I truly love this.

"This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls."

-- John Muir

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-01-2003, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast
Wirral

Hails from England
Thanks Adrienne....

This is the second in a series of 3 meditation paintings.
I did a meditation the other day that was hugely intense......

These are what I saw. To be quite frank, they are EXACTLY as i saw them which, for me is amazing as I can't usually get exacelt what I want down.

This is pretty much what I saw but, I know that the red needs something more, just don't know what.

The third one i am working on is more complex. It was the last thing I am painting that I saw in the meditation. The other stuff is more 'blurry' to me, or complex to paint.....

#4   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2003, 04:25 AM
Enthusiast
no borders

Quote:
Kali says, "The third one i am working on is more complex."

I just saw another "Meditation" piece. I don't know if it was the 1st or the 3rd, but it is awesome. Since I've only seen two "Meditations" so far, I'm looking forward to the third!!! If you've already posted it, please give me the link!!! I'm already VERY curious, given the stunning beauty and quality of the two I've seen.

Kali, as the Official Muse Of The Abstract Forum, perhaps part of your job title will have to be:

---> Meditate at least 3 times a week and paint a painting for us after every meditation!!!

[just kidding!!!] [well, sort of] [actually, not kidding at all!!!]

"This grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never all dried at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal sunset, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls."

-- John Muir

#5   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Enthusiast
Wirral

Hails from England
awwwwwww, shucks, shuffles feet in a sort of embarased kinda way........

Thing is, i get my most inspiration when meditating or performing healings... YES I should do it more often.

There have only been 2 meditation pieces up to now. The third is certainly a WIP. I need to build it up more....
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-03-2003, 05:23 PM
A WC! Legend
Nationale

Hails from Isle of Man
Tharump thump thump

Whoa. A pulse of blood through the blue of vein. Red sun on an ocean of dark.

Shalom,

Tam