WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting > Oil Painting - Hall of Fame
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#751   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 08:38 PM
WC! Guide

Hails from United States
Re: The Oily Rag....................Come and Chat, April 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin art
Wheres the Big Sidney River
hi, i have just had lots to take care of and ever'one here seems to need a day or two off the old wetandsloppycanvas you know, thanks fer missin me
  #752   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 08:41 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

We all missed you, Sid.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #753   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 08:59 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

I'm optimistic I will be painting in oils next week. Maybe this weekend.
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #754   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 10:26 PM
WC! Guide
?????

Hails from United States

All the iris pics of late, was looking for something to paint and uncovered this pic of my champagne iris from 2010. And, Sid, you thought you had weeds.

Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #755   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 11:19 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyMP
The shape is made from clay slip, poured into a mold; what she did here is the "china painting" on the form after glaze firing. she also dappled the glaze for the firing for a beige/greenish effect, so that the roses are softly done on the background. Surprise -- it's oil paint!

Here's a better shot of it -

Nance , Beccs right beautiful and those Roses are gorgeous , your Mum was some artist eh!!!

Hia Sid . ... yeah wet n sloppy wasnt that a game you coolcats played back in the day .....
  #756   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Sandra, this family was so full of artists...my grandaunt, mother, her sister, two of my sisters...and even my brother had a little talent he didn't pay much attention to. The sister whose paintings I really loved kept calling me The Artist in the Family, and paying me to paint things for her. I painted that long row of Cherubs for her according to specification, so that it would fit exactly the width of her bed, and she always slept under it until the end.

It's very hard to lose them all. I need to refocus on my children, grandchildren, nephews and nieces so I don't get blue. My daughter is a natural, but she prefers to do watercolors.

#757   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2012, 11:43 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Oh, Becca, those irisii are so nice! You should practice with them in watercolor, then swing over to oils!

Hi, and possibly, bye, Sid V, since you seldom spend more than ten minutes here (I should talk!)

Getting ready for my July opening is taking more of my time up in painting! So what's your excuse?

#758   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 04:04 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Becc , wonderful pic sorry for not commenting earlier , Im not really with it ,... but thats no excuse is it , -I made a a Linen canvas today with my sons help ...

Well Nance I guess your sister was very talented and could see your a rather talented woman , you have all been blessed , I too come from a family of poets and artists alike and brainy ones ... its funny I dont have to work Im lucky enough not to have to but I sometimes catch myself wondering if I would like to go back to work , one day, if I get more energy that is , but then I think uggh the pos and cons , for one it would get out meeting more people I guess ..the cons ~who really wants to work when ya can paint....not that its really paying my bills ~YET
  #759   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 AM
WC! Guide

Hails from United States

Becc,
if those are weeds they really look nice, that is a great iris photo all the way round.
Sandra, here is something that comes round once a year that you once painted and i know have!

Quote:
Sid V, since you seldom spend more than ten minutes here.. So what's your excuse?
a torrid love affair, gotta run now .
  #760   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 12:56 PM
A Local Legend

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

Wow! This morning is flying! I painted an almost complete landscape yesterday (16X20), it just needs some detailing and highlights. I still don't see how some folks, like Kory, can bang a nice one out like he did in a day.

Now Becca is awol, I hope she's just busy and her connection isn't out again.
  #761   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 02:14 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Arh the truth comes out ..... Sids gone n got himself snagged..... its all over red rover , yes Sid thats a pretty tree.... im jealous

I see Beccs not around too, i do hope shes ok ....we seem to be dropping like flys on here on hot day in the outback , crikey now that is very OZ OF me ...lol
  #762   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 02:42 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Sandra, I eat out at a restaurant called The Outback here -- they're famous for their Bloomin' Onions! It was started by Aussies, but the waiters are all local. Don't get a job; get a gallery instead. JOB is an acronym for Just Over Broke, and you don't get to pick your companions there. If you get a gallery instead, you get the social contact of everyone who loves your paintings -- what a way to roll!

Sid, all love affairs should be torrid enough so that flies drop around you like a hot day in the outback! Himself's love affair is with a machine shop and his telescope. Every once in a while I make the list, too! Your Dogwood is beautiful!

Marcia, landscapes are great for their production time, unless you're Wilson Hurley and want to do them 20 feet tall! I remember you said you can only hang three in your gallery at the same time; will this be one of the three?

#763   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 03:24 PM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Arh Nance you big doll ..... your so cute , Loved reading the part about the restaurant you go too how cool is that ... I hope theres no flys included with that ... lol and your so funny to add that into the convo with Sid , your right , love affiars should be hot and steamy , just like our Sid

Im dropping like a hot scone now ...lol ok now Im just showing off the real oz in me is coming out now ...
  #764   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 03:42 PM
WC! Guide

Hails from United States

LMAO, crickey you guys r crackin me up

Quote:
I see Beccs not around too, i do hope shes ok
yes, hope all is ok too.

Last edited by sidbledsoe : 04-21-2012 at 03:59 PM.
  #765   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-21-2012, 03:43 PM
A Local Legend

Quote:
Sandra, I eat out at a restaurant called The Outback here -- they're famous for their Bloomin' Onions! It was started by Aussies, but the waiters are all local. Don't get a job; get a gallery instead. JOB is an acronym for Just Over Broke, and you don't get to pick your companions there. If you get a gallery instead, you get the social contact of everyone who loves your paintings -- what a way to roll!
Indeed! If you don't have to get a job to pay bills, I can't think of a worse way to socialize. Then again, in today's job market where I live, my skills are negligible and I'd be lucky to get a job as a checkout clerk at Wal Mart, not like I could get something where my talent and skills at painting, cgi and bookkeeping, could be put to use.

My bff is no longer working at her husband's business, and being a domestic goddess got boring really fast. She's going to start going to something called the mythological roundtable, sort of a discussion group for brainiacs who like brainy books, take up yoga again, and start working once a week at the local art council's thrift shop (new and donated art supplies, used frames, crafts, etc). She's thrilled with the last one because she has worked in frame shops in the past. She wants to open her own frame shop one day

Quote:
B]Sid[/b], all love affairs should be torrid enough so that flies drop around you like a hot day in the outback! Himself's love affair is with a machine shop and his telescope. Every once in a while I make the list, too! Your Dogwood is beautiful!
So this is the real deal, our Sid's been snagged?
Do you serenade her, Siddee?

Quote:
B]Marcia[/b], landscapes are great for their production time, unless you're Wilson Hurley and want to do them 20 feet tall! I remember you said you can only hang three in your gallery at the same time; will this be one of the three?

I have about 6 in a not-quite finished state: the landscape, 3 hummingbirds, and 2 guitars. I am heading out to the studio right now to work on the guitars some more.
(Ack! I just had a key stick and go: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...)