WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#166   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Immortalized
Heart of Missouri's Outback!

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire, March

Great news! I'm getting a new internet service, going with 3g watcher instead of Wildblue. It took over a minute for this page to open up. Same price, but probably 2x faster.

Modern technology finally caught up to the Heart of Missouri's Outback.

Later gang, enjoy breakfast, I think Jillian is cooking but didn't say what is on the menu.

Donald
  #167   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Immortalized
in Medford, OR but from Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Well sometimes an Aussie-style camping breakfast includes bbq'd spam, anyone up for that?

~Jillian
  #168   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Immortalized
in Medford, OR but from Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Oh, and did I mention the beer?

~Jillian
  #169   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Oh these cats are so adorable as all cats are, no matter their age or condition. I'm not sure if I have shared this photo with you guys or not. This is little Hallie (short for Halloween) who showed up at my studio one hellish hot day last July, crying, and starving. So I had no option but to adopt her, despite older Siamese's many complaints

#170   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Enthusiast
West Michigan

Hails from United States

Howdy all y'all!

Our trip to Spokane was great. Our daughter is doing well and it was so fun to meet all her friends from school and church. My presentation went well. Good thing I had pictures to show. It was actually fun in spite of all the stress before hand. My back pain flared up before we left and almost didn't go.

Cyntada, great photos. I just saw a little girl this weekend who was sporting a do like that. Seems her brother thought she needed a hair cut. My guess is 1973 on the date of those pants. Notice I am dating the pants–not the sweet little girl.

Jenna, Your such a good photographer. You even makes cats look good.

Ron keep us posted on your new "kids".

In an effort to turn the tide of posting cat pictures, here is a painting I did for my mom a few years back.

#171   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone!

Hi CK. Thank you. I really love these cats...well, all cats, really. The cat in the first photo is named Callie, as well. Small world! What an adorable photo of you with your toy cat and your real cat. I love seeing childhood photos. This is a great image. With those pants...it's got to be the '70s? Maybe 1974? I love your description of your Alex. He looks an awful lot like my Puffy.

Hi Jillian. BBQ'd SPAM? I'd try it, but I can't promise I'd love it.

Hi Donald. How great that you're getting better Internet service! And for the same price, too. It doesn't get much better than that.

Hi Kay. What a beautiful cat! So in just a handful of posts, we've suddenly got two Callies and a Hallie. Funny! I'm so glad your Hallie found a safe haven to live and flourish.

Hi Jim. I'm so glad you had a good time in Shokane. I'm also glad your presentation went well, though I knew it would. I'm sorry your pain increased before you left. I hope it's better now.

Thank you for the comments...but don'tcha know cats always look good?

I love your little Chickadee! You really captured the personality well. They are beautiful little birds with such a soothing song. How big is it?

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #172   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast
Arizona

Hails from United States

Good morning campers!!

Back at the fire, refreshed after an all day buggy ride with hubby. We took a total 'down' day, jumped in the buggy and went riding, strictly to find flowers to take pics of.

Now for breakfast. Breakfast burritos made with a TON of leftovers. I have leftover hash browns, left over grilled onions, left over steak, left over tortillas, all I need is a few peppers and some eggs and voila! We have breakfast burritos. Yum!!

Jenna, you asked what's in a southwestern omelet - well, I discovered that depends on where you are when you order it. But in my house, it's sauteed onions (of course!), peppers - which would be diced hot peppers of almost any kind like poblanos, or the small red, yellow and orange peppers you can get from the grocery store (not bells); green chilies, then add mushrooms if you like. I saute this all together, put it in the omelet and top it with Mexican cheese. Then serve it with pico de gallo.

I'll try to post pics of our buggy ride later, we got some nice shots!

Have a super Saturday gang!
Kate
  #173   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Immortalized
Heart of Missouri's Outback!

Hails from United States

Kate you beat me to breakfast...LOL

Jillian, I had a BBQ Hotpocket for breakfast with coffee, I don't drink beer, I gave it up in 1985 when my son was born. I wanted to set a good example, and I've been around alcoholics and drug abusers, and he is 26 and never had a drink of alcohol. At least not to my knowledge. I'm not saying everyone who drinks is an alcoholic, but for some people it only takes one time to get them started.

OH! I went to a banquet the other night where my daughter won 2 ribbins for her painting. They had a guy named Steve for entertainment. He LOVES reptiles, and spiders. He owns the deadlist snake in the world, keeps it in his basement. I felt so sorry for this one woman. He got her on the stage and gave her the choice of box one or two, if she said no to #1, she had to take #2. He pulled a HUGE torantula out of box 1, and she wouldn't touch it. BIG MISTAKE! He came over to her, and acted like he was going to put something in her hands and instead put a 6 to 8" long scorpian on her back. He has set the Guiunnes Book of Records record for how long you can keep a scorpian in your mouth. Take a guess. Go ahead... 1 minute? Nope, done in the 70s. 2 minutes??? Nope, done about 10 years ago. If you guessed a little over 17 minutes... Ding Ding Ding, you're the winner! He said most people either get stung in the mouth, or the uvula is bit off. He held his tongue up so the scorpian wouldn't see his uvula, but he did get a tongue cramp and when he moved, it bit his tongue, which ended his attempt at 1 hour.

NOT ME FOLKS! I don't like scorpians. IF they are in my house, they become greasy bug splatter on the bottom of my shoe. He would hold it in his hand, or pick it up by it's tail. He let several people hold it. I did want to hold his 6' baby alligator and scratch it's belly. It would wag it's tail when he did that. He said you have hold a baby alligator for 2 to 4 hours every day to get them to bond to you. He was FUNNY and will be on TV. I don't remember the name of the show.

Later,
Donald
  #174   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Enthusiast
eastern South Dakota

Hails from United States

Cyntada--Our kitties match! They have similar asymmetrical face colors. This is Zuba the Destructor. On break from home destruction or from keeping watch over the one tree where apparently, birds are not supposed to perch. (She gets very upset, even from indoors.)

Just for Jim, here is a kitten from last spring--taken on March 10. You can't really tell, but the outside scene features feet of snow and the horse's tail covered with frost. The little kitties were just starting to venture outdoors at that point, but they didn't fear the horses, who had been carefully stepping around them indoors since they were big enough to crawl around. She was playing with Cass's tail. This year's March 10 featured green grass, budding plants, and singing robins.

This little kitten was named Mrs. BB after our dear Lenore. I wonder how she (Lenore) is doing. We miss you Lenore!!

I don't think we'll have any kittens this spring. I haven't seen the wild momma kitty around, though some of her wild second litter of last year visit frequently from the neighbor's. I see them hunting in the pasture and sometimes glimpse one in the barn.

Jim--I'm glad you had a great trip! I'm sure Shannon was very thrilled to see you, and proud of your presentation.

Cyntada--Substitute an Orphan Annie 'fro for the boy-cut hairdo, and that's me as a kid, same timeframe too.

Donald--I'll skip the scorpions and the tarantulas.

Enjoy those kittens when they arrive, Jenna!

Congrats to everyone on your shows, sales, and other successes in art.

Hello to all. . . and enjoy the weekend!

Last edited by Lisa M : 03-31-2012 at 01:09 PM.
  #175   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Catherine1

Hey everyone..

We just got back on Wed. and things finally are settling down a bit.

Love the Kittens.. and Cat pictures!

Jim.. I hope your back is feeling better now. Not fun.. Really liked your bird too.

Oops.. I have to run.. Hey there, to all! Have a great weekend! Gosh can't believe that April is on the doorstep already!
  #176   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone.

Hi Kate. Wow, the omlet sounds good, though a bit spicy for my taste. I'll bet it really hits the spot though!

Hi Donald. I'm with you; I've never had any alchohol. Good for your son not to, either. I never had any interest in trying the stuff, and I was warned not to ever try it by my doctor after I had a severe bout of pancreatitis a couple years ago.

Congratulations to your daughter for the ribbons on her painting! It sounds like you enjoyed yourself with that show, even if those critters aren't your sort of thing. I have a snake, myself. I like critters like that, but I'd never put a scorpion, or any other live animal, in my mouth.

Hi Lisa. What a beautiful couple of kitties, there. Zuba the Destructor is gorgeous! How sweet that you named the kitten after our dear Lenore. I really miss you, too, Lenore.

Thanks. You can be sure I will!

Hi Catherine. I'm glad things are settling down a bit. I look forward to seeing your still life painting for Jim's class. It is tricky, but I'm sure you'll do a great job with it!

Hello to everybody! Almost April already? Wow.

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #177   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2012, 12:23 AM
A WC! Legend
Tampa, Florida

Hails from United States

in case y'all were wondering where I've been, am working on another ink painting, FUGUE, a 3'x8' work on primed canvas, starting at one end and working my way across... here's how it is at the moment -