WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Enthusiast
Arizona

Hails from United States
Re: Scavenger Hunt #258: Feb 23 - Mar 2

Last minute posting. Hi, Been away for quite awhile trying to practice and learn landscape painting - a real struggle for me. Tried out some WN water soluble oil paints - another struggle but nice to learn to work in another medium. Thank you for the challenge Jo - appreciate it. I really like this site and enjoyed painting the two items I am posting. So much fun to look through and see all the lovely drawings/paintings.

Barbara

#1 - Old Fashioned - Wash Board and Tub (had a small mini tub with the wash board but it was decorated with flowers and I decided not to add the flowers

#2 - Real Flowers - Carnations my neighbor had given me for Valentine's Day - they sure do last a long time

http://www.bjranous.weebly.com

Last edited by Tresgatos : 03-02-2012 at 01:49 AM.
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 07:15 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Barb the carnations are gorgeous, cute little tub and washboard
Kat, wonderful perspective, I love it!
Linda, great pages os sketches, I really like the model of the old truck, and good old fashioned idea, I still have floppy disks (and even one machine that still takes them)
Jo- the preseason for MLB is starting somewhere I think, I believe apr1 is the first Blue Jays game (scott watches all 250+ of them)
nice lookout thru the digi door
Paul, I like the fan lamp, good job, and view thru a door, and I would love to have you go for dessert for me too! sounds yummy
Hi Viv , nice to see you back, beautiful table setup
Irwin, powerful sketches, a pan of apples and grapes!

congrats on finishing Joan
the new list is going up now

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” ~Lee Hammond. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2015. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Barbara, so nice to see you! The carnations are beautiful and full of life. The wash bucket is great. Nice shadow, too.

Hi Bonnie, Scott is more devoted than we are. Ha. It at least gets us out to do something.

I did a couple more sketches in the brown paper sketchbook, Utrecht, with the Prismacolor Premier 01 marker/pen. Sat on the porch for old fashioned and on my comfy chair for the flower. I put a photo of the old fashioned. All in the fire. The coin was from Mexico and has silver with copper on it, like a mini toonie for you Canucks. Part of the copper fell off. I sketched it after I noticed it and put it in a different spot for the photo.

Number 8, old fashioned - ice shaver missing the lid and blade on the front. Shoe anvil should be on a post with the flat side up to work on soles of shoes.

Number 9, flower - violet to remind me of Gene's mom. The violet sits in one of the burned bowls. Was for Christmas, now the red and green is pretty black.

Photo

Ok, off to Houston! Try to post tonight after the game. Hook em Horns!
Winston Churchill
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 11:29 AM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Paul - Thank you. Good composition of your objects. I like the lamp. Is it a fan or a shell? Could be either.

Linda - You definitely don't need to add more detail to your sketches. I really like your style. They are great. I think that brush is awesome!

Kat - Great job on the shadows of the bottles. They really make interesting patterns.

Jo - Thanks for hosing. Thinking of kayaking just means I'm crazy, not necessarily well. lol I like the misty look to the grasses in the view out the door. Good sketches of old fashioned. Nice violet in the burned bowl.

Barbara - Good to see you back! Love the wash board and tub. They aren't very common anymore. Grea job on the crinkled edges and color of the carnations!

Bonnie - Thank you. Will be heading over to get the new list.
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Enthusiast
Boston MA area

Hails from United States

Linda: Nice sketches I particulary like the truck, very nice

Scat: I like your idea of capturing the shadows... very nicely done like them a lot...

Jo: Thanks... Like the view from the window I like all your sketches but particularly like the flowers..

Barb: Nice to meet you... I am new here... nice washboard and great flowers

Joan: Thanks.... The lamp is a fan lamp....

See you all in the next hunt!
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 10:00 PM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Hi folks, sorry for late posts. I have been sketching some but there were many things happened that took away my time and energy to get on-line.

I can't comment on all but sure the Joan's "intimate" world and old fashion really put a big smile on my face, as well as stunning pages from Linda, Irwin, Recycle, and Jo. Gorgeous still-life J, and Paul's colors. Several cute items from Bonnie, and gorgeous Carnation from Barbara. Nice ink bottle from Kat too. I know I still did not comment on someone's sketch but I look at them all and they are inspiring. Jo, you are having fun with digital sketch, haven't you. Thanks for hosting and see you all in the next Hunt.

Here are what I did:

#1 flower -- an orchid
#2 vehicle -- with an extra driver, Lily

#3 washer

#4 yellow group

Painting is my soul. My blog.

Last edited by Eye : 03-02-2012 at 10:06 PM.
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-03-2012, 05:51 AM
Enthusiast
Boston MA area

Hails from United States

Ai: Good to see you....I really like how you include Lilly in many of your sketches.. She is so cute... The sketch of her on her bike is very nice. I like your other sketches as well and looks like you had a great breakfast with the cereal, egg, banana and coffee...
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-03-2012, 09:40 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Joan, thanks. We are scheduled for some white water rafting this summer in Alaska. See if I can do it or not!

Paul, hi there.

Ai, great you had time to do some sketches and post! Your girls are growing so fast! Take care of yourself. Know you are busy, we understand.

See you all next Hunt!
Winston Churchill
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-03-2012, 10:15 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Thanks so much Jo and Paul.

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-03-2012, 11:15 AM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Ai - Thanks. Cute sketch of Lily on the road. Great job on the inside of the washer. Nice shine to your bowl with the shredded wheat.