Home Forums Explore Media Mixed Media, Encaustics, Collage and Alternative Materials Unlisted Number ~ watermedia collage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

22×15 Fabriano 140 lb hot press paper, charcoal drawing of a mannequin profile, then watercolor, gouache, and gift wrap paper from the dollar store used as collage in parts on her blouse. I had painted this figure before only reverse profile using transparent watercolor. The hot press paper was treated first using a technique I described here on AMAE forum and in my recent blog post where you lay phone book pages down then peel them off, hence the title.
    C&C welcome :cool:

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

IsobelW

This is just so beautiful. I love the bright but delicate colours and cheerful flowers.

laf.art

This is a real cracker Kay. I love it

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
            Instagram laf.abstracts

JayJay365UK

Love this one, Kay! :)

Thanks Isobel, Lyn, and JJ!

Kay

Cyndi L

Love love love love love! If I looked like that, I’d have an unlisted number too! She is pensive and beautiful, but she looks sweet too.

Double plus good. Striking composition and excellent technique and thanks for the overview of the development process.

It is only on a basis of knowledge that we can become free to compose naturally. -- Bernard Dunstan
                    blog.jlk.net

Thanks Cyndi and Claude! One of my neighbors saw it on my blog and FB so she wants to buy it.

Kay

Cyndi L
                        CarlyHardy

Beautiful! and Congratulations on the sale! Thanks for sharing some of your process.

Thanks again Cyndi and you, too, Carly!
                            Also I custom framed it for the neighbor so it looks great.

Kay

Sonia

Stunning image Kay.

maryinasia

Cool!

CarlyHardy

Just a question…I took at look at your blog. Do you always use phone book pages? or would other old book pages work? and I would be working on canvas…have you tried the technique on canvas?

CarlyHardy

Just a question…I took at look at your blog. Do you always use phone book pages? or would other old book pages work? and I would be working on canvas…have you tried the technique on canvas?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.