WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Artwork from Life
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:57 AM

Re: Scavenger Hunt#261 -- March 18-26, 2012

Hello, I just found this thread, great idea.

Perfection is boring...
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

my last post for this hunt, will be back later to see the newest sketches
10 cant live without- my morning coffee
11 literature- Greyfriars Bobby
12 classic- Mr Mocker- Thornton W Burgess (one of the series my mom read to me)
13 music
14 loved one -kaylee asleep on my lap
15. great idea -waterpen

Life is about using the whole box of crayons. RIL, Venezia, Weekly Drawing Event, 120postcards
Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2014. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2012, 12:12 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Bonnie is posting last sketches and I am posting first sketches. What can I say? No time. I haven't even been lurking so will start backwards and comment some.

Number 1, tree - one of our new trees given to the fire victims. Doing well!

Number 2, organic - art sponge and Number 3, nature - wildflowers All done with the Micron 05 in the brown paper sketchbook. Very fast!

Bonnie, I just love the mug for my collection! Very nice selection of "last" items.

Dominika, great sketches and welcome to the Hunts. We have a great time here. You used a variety of media. Fun! I like the ink hatching and well, all of them. : )

Paul, great book. I hadn't seen Bit-O-Honey in ages, they are yummy. Love your classic, too. An old favorite! I have to do caffeine free now. They are good, too, now that I am accustomed to them. Ha. Great perspective on the table legs. Hard to do. Fun pair and threes ... and fives.

Tresgatos, Like your gauche work. Watercolors are beautiful. I expected to see three cats for the three. Hmmmm. On your website it says Peoria, AZ. We lived there in 1986-89 on Corrine Dr. I love the desert heat compared to our steam bath here in the summer.

Joan, your leaf has such beautiful gesture. Classic pearls is great, too. Nice book, art and music, and lovely landscapes. Apple stuff is very innovative. Bet that tasty sauce is hot!!!

Irwin, I really like your still life. You made me smile with your comments about it.

Kivrin, love your old and wise. Clever.

"J", congratulations on the drapes. Things like that take skill but seems like we aren't using our talent. Good to feel the accomplishment.

Viv, love the veggies and fruit. Just lovely.

Annie, your cp work is very nice. I like your sellections, too.

Ai, beautiful watercolor work. Lily is two! WOW!

Well, better get off of here and get busy. Baseball on the internet and the APS art reception this afternoon. We had company yesterday, etc...... Never enough time.

Hope all y'all are doing swell!
Winston Churchill
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Enthusiast
Arizona

Hails from United States

Thank you for the lovely challenge this time. Appreciate your feedback. I find all the submissions delightful and enjoy seeing them.

Have to admit that I did not understand the concept of a split complementary and I believe I now do. Although the paintings turned out ok - it all harmonized, I did go back and do more study as to the correct concept of using color in a painting as a split complementary. I had purchased an inexpensive 12 tube set of gouache, made a color wheel from those colors (felt they were off compared to what I am used to) but delt with what was given to me. Also did some mixing and made a chart with colors to understand how to arrive at a split. Finally created a quick drawing/painting to convey the concept. So my last submission is as follows:

4) Comes by itself - Kokopelli candle holder (tea light goes in the back but I left that out) - I changed the colors to the split complementary

Prussian Blue as the dominant color with the orange being split by adding more yellow for one side and more red for the other.

http://www.bjranous.weebly.com
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-25-2012, 03:42 PM
WC! Guide
Bakersfield,California

Hails from United States

Welcome Dominika. Great job. Looks like I could step right into those shoes. I'm glad you found us and can join in.

#51   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2012, 06:19 AM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by artastic
Joan. ...
Ai, great colored sketches, all with pitt pens? ...

Bonnie: I often use 0.4 mm brown Stabilo pen, which bleeds with water. Sometimes, I use 0.3 Faber Castel black permanent pen, something similar to fine permanent pitt pens. You did quite a lot of great batch. I esp. love Kaylee sweet moment.

Paul: We have the same book. Wonderful sketch by you. Thanks for Les Miserable info. I hope one day I get to see it as a play. I used to watch it on a DVD movie.

Irwin:
Thanks. Stunning bagpipe book.

Barbara: Gorgeous egg, flower, and the candle holder. I wish I have more time to study colors in details like you describe. Wonderful information.

Great job everyone, sorry that I have been slow. All the works are inspiring .

JO: Nice plant and organic sponge. Thanks for taking time to post. I know how life can be very busy.

Welcome Dominika, to the Hunt. Your shoes, and sculpute are super.

Painting is my soul. My blog.

Last edited by Eye : 03-26-2012 at 06:35 AM.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2012, 08:00 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

Paul, lovely tree, great job of five digits, great landscape of the marshland and good idea for double and triple and qusadruple, good choise of liturature, and yum for bit-o-honey and apple, good idea for classic
Joan, beautiful landscape and good ide af or innovative, love teh learning dvd (she is one of my favs) and the gingersause looks delic. nice work on the books and a cassette! I still have hundreds but try to find a player that still works! and another inspiring ink and WC for relax!, you are almost finishes with single, leaf and classic pearls, hope you had a great wknd at Michelles
Kivrin, good choice for old and wise
Barbara beautiful choice of 5- orchid petal, and marvelous little oil of the eggs. beautful use of colors with the gouache S&Ps, thanks for the explaination of yor process, and the spit complimentary, will have too try that myself, good choce for the kokopeli (orange and blue being my fav. compimentarys)
Irwin, another great still life, love the medai and your use of it, smiled at your bagpipe lierature (love to listen to it, not sure about reading about it)
dominika, welcome tothe hunt, what a beautiful pair of shoes! (I have been in shoe mode lately!)great sketch of the pendrive, wonderful apple sketch and figure
Jo, glad you like the cup, I thought it might be a new one for you r collection, nice to see a new tree for your new place

it is still the 26, I might get a shot at a couple more before the end
THanks Ai for the great list

Life is about using the whole box of crayons. RIL, Venezia, Weekly Drawing Event, 120postcards
Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2014. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2012, 11:38 AM
A WC! Legend
Long Island

Hails from United States

Barbara - Great job on the salt & pepper shakers! I like the colors in the glass and the metal. I like your candle holder. I have a fondness for Kokopelli from when I was visiting your area.

Paul - Nice job on the book cover. Gosh, I haven't had a bit-o-honey in ages!!! Love the shading on the Coke Classic bottle. Glad you enjoyed Les Mis...I saw it on Broadway twice.

Dominika - Welcome...so glad you joined us! Awesome sketches! Good thinking for a great thing..nice hatching! Wonderful shading on the shoes...they look ready to take you out. Nice job on the apple and that lovely sculpture.

Bonnie - Thanks. Jean Grastorf is a fav of mine, and I really enjoyed the DVD as well as her workshop last year. Love your coffee cup! Nice job on the book covers and great hatching on the cat!!

Jo - Thanks. Hope you have ample rainfall this year for the new tree. Nice sketch of the wildflowers and art sponge. Glad you got a few done.

Ai - Thanks so much for hosting!!!

The new hunt is now posted!
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2012, 12:27 PM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Thanks, Ai, for a great Hunt. I enjoyed even if I didn't sketch much. All y'all did just great. Nice to see old and new faces, uh, sketches.

My last in the brown paper book with the Micron 05. Number 4, environment - my relaxing spot on the porch. Last night there were some mosquitos, guess we need to get it screened in!

Winston Churchill
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 PM
A Local Legend
Bangkok, Thailand

Hails from Thailand

Jo: That was a nice view of your porch.

Thanks all for joining this Hunt.

Painting is my soul. My blog.
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Enthusiast
Boston MA area

Hails from United States

dominika: great sketches, super form..... I particularly like the shoes, wouldnt wear them but like how they were done....

Bonnie: Thanks.... Nice sketches... like your choice for cant live without, me neither.... the moody blues is one of my all time favorite groups.... kaylee looks comfy very nice.....

Jo:
Nice sketches. the tree, sponge and wild flowers are super.. really like the view from your porch... I can see why it is so relaxing...

Joan: Thanks.... I can very easily see myself seeing Les Mis again too...

Ai: Thanks for hosting... great list it was fun.....