Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pete1199

[ATTACH]867777[/ATTACH]

12×16 on Canson pastel paper. On the textured side. Nupastels and Mungyo hand rolled soft pastels. I prefer sandpaper to pastel paper but I have a bunch of paper to use up. I just got a set of 60 Mungyo hand rolled softs and really like them. I think for the money they are really quite good. Comments welcomed. Thanks for looking.

water girl

You are putting the paper to good use. I like that this painting is not only well done, but tells a story.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Prolific Pete:

I agree with Karen. There’s a wonderful feeling for narrative in this image. Was your source just imagination?

John

Life is but a Dream

pete1199

Prolific Pete:

I agree with Karen. There’s a wonderful feeling for narrative in this image. Was your source just imagination?

John

Thanks John. It was from an old postcard my wife found while cleaning out her father’s house.

Well, though it may be from a vintage photo, I find the use of color really helps to tell the story. The red violet used on the woman’s clothes blends in with her surroundings and makes her stand out just enough to make her the main character. The earthy and neutral tones on the other characters cause them to be secondary. It’s well thought out.

John

Life is but a Dream

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.