Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics how to contact Jerry’s Artarama?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Phantelope

Hi, I’m not sure where to put this, so I put it in acrylics, as that’s what I ordered.
        I got my order with one item missing and one item in there (and on the order) that I never ordered, no idea how that got on there and I did not see it when I got the confirmation.

I e-mailed them several times, jumped through their phone system, left a message, tried to call again and was advised of a 36 minute wait time! What kind of company is this?

No reply to any of my e-mails or messages, I doubt I’ll ever order from them again but I want my missing paint and a credit for the item I never ordered, some coarse alumina that I have no use for.

Does anybody have a direct phone number or an e-mail address that actually will get a reply? This is frustrating, I need the paint on Tuesday.

Thanks so much!

Oliver

--Oliver

theonoe

I also had trouble contacting them, and when I was able to do so, they weren’t very helpful, which is why I don’t do business with them anymore. I’m sorry that I can’t offer you more help!

Theo

Phantelope

What a crappy store! Still no answer to any of my e-mails and voicemail. The most incredible thing: you call their 800 number and first you get a recording that they have such a huge call volume that wait will be long and then you get transferred to their after hour phone system! Right, high call volume. after hours. when no one is there. What a joke. Voicemail box is full too.

All I can say is do NOT order from these people, seems like some business run out of a garage by a flaky teenager. I will never order from them again. If I don’t hear back from them by Monday evening I’ll contact my credit card company too and see what they can do.

Hard to believe that in these times you can still run a business with no customer service what so ever. Stay away from them, not worth the possible aggravation and Dick Blick (quick and always responsive) has the same prices anyway. I only ordered from them since I had a coupon code. Never again, not worth the trouble.

the crappy website should have been an indication of things to come…..

--Oliver

Shirl Parker

Oliver, hopefully you ordered with a credit card. contact your card company and ask for a credit. I had a similar problem with Jerry’s and finally got it resolved, but it took four months. I’ll never order from them again.

Shirl
                    http://picasaweb.google.com/shirlrparker/myart
                    “Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.” - The Puppy Zone

I second Shirl’s advice. Call your credit card holder and dispute the charges for the missing item, plus a portion of tax and shipping, if any. You’re not responsible for the item you go that you didn’t order. Just focus on what they owe you and forget about trying to deal with them — you’ve already tried that. It’s time to get the credit card carrier involved.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam – easy as 1-2-3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam – easy as 1-2-3

BeeCeeEss

Oliver,

I have had a recent order with Jerry’s seriously messed up and went through the same frustrations you have in trying to get hold of a live human there to deal with my problem.

Here is a link to my original post about this matter:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7826948#post7826948

I hope that works. If not, it’s posted over at the Oil painting forum under the place where Jerry’s Artarama is being welcomed as a new Wet Canvas partner.

The bottom line is this: I was advised by a Wet Canvas member named Gaye to just call Jerry’s toll free number: 800-827-8478 and when they ask if you are going to place an order to please remain on the line, STAY ON THE LINE. Don’t let their automated system shuttle you over to where they run you through the menu system and all you can do is leave a voice mail message and hope they’ll call back. Just stay on the line as though you are going to place a new order and someone will eventually answer and you can get them to deal with your problem. There will probably be a long wait with many others in the queue ahead of you, but it’s the only way to get to talk to a live person in customer service.

When I finally got through to someone at Jerry’s, a nice lady named Erin, she explained that the reason they have been having so many problems lately is twofold:

1. They recently moved to another shipping facility and things are still very much unsettled.

2. They were also trying a new automated order fulfillment and shipping system and they are having MAJOR PROBLEMS with it. It has caused a huge increase in orders that are being filled incorrectly. That is why they are experiencing a corresponding increase in people trying to call and get their orders straightened out.

I had been calling and leaving voice messages and requesting call backs for nearly 2 weeks. I was also sending e-mails and even trying the “contact us” option from within Jerry’s own web site. No one ever called back. They are overwhelmed with this huge SNAFU.

If you can stay on the line, listening to canned music, until you finally get to talk with a real person, hopefully they can straighten it all up for you.

I was very angry initially, but Erin, who is a shipping manager, was very, very nice and apologized repeatedly. She said my order would be shipped immediately and I confirmed with UPS that it is to arrive on Monday.

It will, however, be quite a while before I consider placing an order with Jerry’s again. I will wait and see if they get this mess cleared up. It looks like I got in on the front wave of it. It’s only going to get bigger for a while.

Good luck.

Beverly

I love cooking with wines! Sometimes I even put it in the food! -- Julia Child

Aires

I’m glad to read this post as in the past I always had good service from Jerry’s Artarama, even mistakes were taken care of quickly without any disputes. I haven’t ordered from them in a long while so was not aware of their difficulties – will avoid any orders until I hear things have returned to normal. Perhaps not even then as they seem to have gone to a volume type system where you have to buy multiples of many items. I used to be able to switch back and forth between them and Dick Blick with equally good service – too bad when things have gone south as it takes a long time to regain confidence lost by long time customers. Fortunately I have been mostly ordering from Dick Blick and have thus avoided the problems being described. Thanks for the tip off!!

Andrew

Oliver,

I have ordered from Jerry’s several times, and only had an issue once. Someone messed up an item number, and I received an item I didn’t order, and consequently missed an item I did. It was resolved rather quickly and without issue.

I called the customer service number from the catalog, gave the woman who answered my customer number (also on the catalog) and the invoice number from the packing slip. Due to shipping they let me keep the erroneous item and sent me the correct item at no extra charge. I received it in 4-7 days no problem. So I don’t know what to say. I read on here people that have a problem with them and rant and rail, but I and nobody I know personally who has ordered from them have ever had a problem, or at least one that wasn’t easily rectified.

True, I tend to order more from Blick, ASW, and Utrecht, but they have better coupons. I am a cheap ba$tard, what can I say.

Andrew

"Never ascribe to malice what adequately can be explained as stupidity"
                                - Robert J. Hanlon

“What a genius, that Picasso. It is a pity he doesn't paint.” - Marc Chagall

PattiLou

Don’t order from Art Supply Warehouse (ASW) I am having the same problem with them. Back in early April I placed an order for three items. A couple days later I received an email saying the order was released… it took forever to arrive. When I received it there were on two items even though I was billed for three and the Bill of Lading had all three listed. They sent them in two big boxes and both would have fit in one medium box. I called them, and called them never got anyone to talk to. Just “Please push #(whatever) for your department. After about the fourth time on the second day I did get transferred to another number when I pushed the #(whatever) and it was another recording that ask for name, order number, etc., and they would call back, so I left all the information and never received a return call. Started the circle all over again to no avail. Sent an email, no answer. Sent another email and finally got an answer with the excuse that they were out of stock due to a change in their process (sound familiar?) and it was currently in stock and would be shipped.

On April 23 I received an email that the remaining item had been released.
                                    On April 30 I received an email that the item had been shipped.
                                    As of today, May 9, I still have not received it.
                                    If I track it through UPS they say they have no information.

The amount is small, it’s just the principle and my credit card is the next step.

Just wanted to share my experience with ASW. On the other hand Cheap Joe’s and Dick Blick have been great.

Patti

Shirl Parker

Jerry’s and ASW are related. I think they moved their warehouses together and this is when all the trouble started.

Shirl

Andrew

Don’t order from Art Supply Warehouse (ASW) I am having the same problem with them.

Again, even with a recent order, I haven’t ever had a problem. The last big order I had, one item was out of stock and they hadn’t received a re-stock from the manufacturer, they sent me a free sample item and a letter letting me know what was going on.

Cheap Joes and Blick are good. No disagreement there.

Andrew

"Never ascribe to malice what adequately can be explained as stupidity"
                                            - Robert J. Hanlon

“What a genius, that Picasso. It is a pity he doesn't paint.” - Marc Chagall

mseymour

I’ve never had a problem with orders from Jerry’s, although I haven’t ordered in several months. (I don’t order from Dick Blick any more, because they have stores here in Ohio and I get charged state sales tax.)

--Merritt

BeeCeeEss

On April 23 I received an email that the remaining item had been released.
                                                    On April 30 I received an email that the item had been shipped.
                                                    As of today, May 9, I still have not received it.
                                                    If I track it through UPS they say they have no information.

Patti,

This is similar to the first part of my messed up order with Jerry’s. I ordered in the first week of April (I think this is when the problems began happening).

I got the usual email saying that my items had been released, then the following email saying that they were shipped by UPS, but the tracking number they gave me was not a UPS number. It began with a C0… which is nothing like a UPS tracking number. Every time I checked with UPS to see what the status of my shipment was, it just said there was no information available. Finally the U.S. Postal Service delivered my small package with only 2 individual painting panels inside, not the 2 dozen I ordered. No wonder UPS had no information on this shipment. They never got it! This mistake is also part of the problems they are having with the automated shipping system. It is mistakenly identifying the means of shipment.

I agree that Jerry’s and ASW are either related in some way, or just the same company operating under 2 different names. Their catalogs and product lines are virtually identical. Their sales usually mirror one another.

It makes sense that, if Jerry’s is having these problems, ASW is suffering similar problems. I don’t plan on ordering from either company for quite some time.

As to the sales tax issue, that may become moot all too soon if the so-called “Amazon Bill” is passed (referring to Amazon.com). Congress wants to force all mail-order companies to collect sales taxes and pass them on to the states in which the buyers live regardless of whether or not there are any actual “brick and mortar” stores within your state. Government types just can’t stand it when we citizens exercise a little freedom — from them! Enjoy it while you can. It may be OK for them to avoid paying their taxes (just a misunderstanding, you see), but we Pleebs certainly aren’t allowed to get away with that. IMHO

Beverly

I love cooking with wines! Sometimes I even put it in the food! -- Julia Child

Bright Eyes

I’ve ordered a few times from Jerry’s. Once I had something that I ordered and they forgot to put in the box. I called them up with no problems (I did have to wait on the line for a few minutes though) and got the item shipped to me with no problems. Never tried to e-mail them.

Shirl Parker

If you haven’t ordered from Jerry’s in the past 7 months, you probably haven’t experienced the current problems.

Shirl

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
                                                          • The topic ‘how to contact Jerry’s Artarama?’ is closed to new replies.