Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting The Chapel of Flowers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Roun2it

I completed an oil painting last month as a commission for my solicitor who visited us at home and noticed my paintings on the walls. She asked me to paint this picture from the photo below.

It is of The Chapel of Flowers in LA where she had just visited and got married in secret!!! None of her family have been told as she is waiting for sometime this month after her sister is married in Greece in a big wedding.

Anyway she wanted the painting BIG!! it ended up 48 inches x 30 inches and then she dropped the bomb ……. she wanted it in black and white. I am a beginner at oil painting as I mainly paint watercolour. So large and b&w was somewhat of a challenge. Well nothing ventured nothing gained. I used Winsor & Newton Artisan paints.

Chapel of Flowers

It is the largest painting I have done and it was difficult from the info I had. The client and her husband were very happy with the result, and the painting hangs in their living room above the couch. Hope you like it.

Kev :bye:

Insanity is hereditary ............ you can get it from your children ....or my case Grandchildren

Humburger

Wow! I am impressed with the painting and the back story. So glad that your client liked it. :-)

Ginny
            www.virginiacmccoy.com
            C & C Welcome

midwest

Good job!

Kathie :
                Roun2it

Thanks for your kind comments ……. :thumbsup:

Kev :bye:

Insanity is hereditary ............ you can get it from your children ....or my case Grandchildren

mack-n-nc

You did a great job! Absolutly amazing in fact!

I love modern technology. I just don't want to touch it!....C&C welcome

bhindi

Wonderful work in monochrome and I really admire your capturing of values so beautifully.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.