WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#91   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2018, 06:08 PM
A WC! Legend

Re: As the Oily Rag Burns..... November 2018

What a marvelous museum! I must visit some day!
  #92   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2018, 06:25 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Yes you must! We could spend hours there....
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #93   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2018, 06:43 PM
New York City

Hails from United States

Beccs what museum? It looks fabulous!

#94   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2018, 06:52 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Jess...it's the Portland Art Museum (or Gallery)..it's right across the park blocks from me and I have a friend in my building has been kind enough to get me passes when there are new exhibits...it really is massive if you trek all the wings and rooms and floors and buildings...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #95   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2018, 07:24 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Ooo, Becca! That is a lovely museum - I'm so glad you shared it with us!

Marcia, how wonderful that you sold a painting, and especially to a couple who live in Sweden! Do you have a shot of it we could see?

Jessica
, I watch "World News" every weeknight, and I guess they exaggerated a bit on New York City. The real disaster is what's happened in California. We had a nice warm day yesterday, but now we're getting 29% and a sort of water/snowfall all day. We southerners aren't used to this kind of weather coming in until January, so we try to grin and bear it...

#96   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2018, 09:54 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks Nancy....you would love it!

and yes, neglected to say congrats Marcia...special when they go international I'm sure...

Nancy..sorry for the snow...it is too early for it...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #97   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2018, 10:01 PM
A WC! Legend

I think I have very nearly finished the cabin painting, in fact, unless I see something horribly wrong in the next couple of days, I will sign it (and paint the bottom edge of the canvas in the meantime). It is too late for pics tonight. I will take one tomorrow, and see if I can find a pic of the one the Swedes bought.

I just checked flights from Palm Springs to Portland. $107. Not bad!
  #98   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-18-2018, 10:14 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

well done with the flight checking...there is a new Red Hotel only 1 block from me and a Moda another block...and here in the building is a guest suite, though it takes advanced planning to get it..
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #99   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2018, 04:40 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Jess, I took a shot of this one with thoughts of you...

Name:  for jess resize.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  154.9 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #100   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2018, 11:44 AM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
Jess, I took a shot of this one with thoughts of you...
Attachment 861160

Oh, now I want to go even more!

My friend in San Diego lives in a building with the same scheme. $35/night for the small suite, plus a one time cleaning fee, and you have to bring your own linens. It really can't be beat, even airbnb rates have sky rocketed. Although I am sure your building charges more and it is a nicer set up.

I will post a pic of the cabin soon. It is lacking something, and I am think of putting a jack rabbit in the picture, just not sure where. Suggestions will be welcome!
  #101   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:42 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia...I think you would like it here....afraid my building is pricier, but you have no separate cleaning fee and don't need linens...rents have gone up, but before the guest studio was priced at $100/night weeknights and $150/night weekends...I'v been in it...last year a friend had their Thanksgiving dinner in it...is a nice space....not high up...but comfortable...

look forward to seeing your cabin!

and here is this mornings view for me...lol...I thought I was seeing a morning star until the sky brightened up with light, then I could see a cluster of lights where the 'star' was....was a helicopter or drone...it vanished after that...in my defence... it was just stationary in the sky for several minutes

Name:  UFO resize.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  92.5 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #102   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2018, 02:06 PM
A WC! Legend

Beautiful Becca!

Here is a pic of the piece that sold:

and the cabin:

The tree on the right caught some glare, and there is a weird shadow in the corner below it.

Maybe I should add a few more of those little bushes
  #103   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2018, 03:00 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia...you had mentioned a jackrabbit...and I can see placing one just slightly to the front of the right post of the door awning...looking right...small but adding something I think
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #104   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-19-2018, 04:15 PM
Lord of the Arts
Sevilla

Hails from Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpalms
Here is a pic of the piece that sold:

and the cabin:

The tree on the right caught some glare, and there is a weird shadow in the corner below it.

Maybe I should add a few more of those little bushes
No wonder it SOLD! It's very good painting. I really, REALLY LIKE it. Plus .. listen to Becca she has just discovered tiny and maybe missing add to the second wonderful painting you posted. You paint jack rabbits so well as well as other animals. I agree with Becca, you could add it ..

I've just arrived to the beach and I didn't expect it is this wonderful and warm here since it's quite late fall already. What spectacular sunset with clouds all colors over sea .. watching it with Muffin. This couldn't be more perfect. I'm glad I came. Becca, you will like it too!