Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #565: Nov 17 – 25, 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Eye

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts! … I have to post this list a bit early as we are heading out of town soon…

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary. ***

Here’s the list:
        —————————————–
        Scavenger Hunt #565: Nov 17 – 25
        —————————————–
        landscape
        interesting shadows
        interesting little thing
        interesting big thing
        …on your bucket/wish list… Challenge#1 … Tell us a bit about it

interior
        no thanks…(if someone gives you this object/thing)
        your achievement this year (can be big or small)
        first thing you want to buy
        a place or corner you like to hang out

red
        green
        blue
        yellow
        gray

hand
        foot
        knee/leg
        face
        figure

vehicle
        furniture
        statue/sculpture
        ornament
        book or stack of books
        what can you donate to others ?

Challenges:
        Make a combo sketch (sketch 2 or more things as one continuous sketch). Such as a bear+pine forest should result in a sample image below…

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
        https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Thanks for the list. I’m not starting, just copying it. Love the bear/trees idea.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
        My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Thanks for the new list, Ai. That bear/tree/bottle is stunning. You made it?

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Eye

Thanks for the new list, Ai. That bear/tree/bottle is stunning. You made it?

No I did not EP, It was on our commercial beverage drink can…I kinda like the idea…

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Eye

#1 small and interesting.. Our Thai cherry plant at our country cabin…

Ai

jmfletch

Great list. Hopefully I will actually participate this hunt rather than lurk.

LOVE the challenge. Makes me think of my son’s work. He did things like that a lot. One in particular I thought was stunning. It was a portrait of a woman and hair turned into a waterfall landscape. Really beautiful. Thanks for stirring the memory.

Ai Nice work on tree and the cherry.

Keep sketching
                        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

jmfletch

Drum roll…..

I did it. Plus did it with watercolor. They are small. I find I can do small pieces using pans and a water brush but large pieces where I have to mix up color getting the right amount of water still stunts me.

1 red – candle Image is about 1.5 inches high drawn from about 12 feet away of 6 inch candle.
                            2 green – flashlight Image is about 2.5 inches high drawn from about 3 feet away of 3.5 inch flashlight.

Keep sketching
                            Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Eye

Thanks Joe… great start with Red & Green…

Ai

Ai, the tree and cherry are beautiful, love the shine on the cherry.

Joe, Excellent on your small red and green. Nice shine for you as well. I find the watercolor sketching easier as well. The color charts and using color patterns are getting to me. I need to practice for my final class. We have a week off for Thanksgiving.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                My website https://jocastilloart.com

White Pen

Heya

Eye thanks for the list .

Great idea for the challenge :clap:

All in , this is need of lot of papers …:eek: :lol:

Cheers W.P.

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

jmfletch

…The color charts and using color patterns are getting to me…

I enjoyed making the squares learning to mix and blend colors. Am good with 1 inch squares. When you start working large areas where you need to mix up a puddle of paint that is when I run into two problems. First is figuring how much water to add. Always either too strong or too weak. Second is how wet to make the brush to apply. Again either too much and it spreads all over or too little and then have to keep adding more. It is definitely a challenge but I am still trying. Lots of paper on its way to the recycle plant and money to Daniel Smith, Dick Blick and company.:lol:

Strangely as frustrating as it is I am enjoying it. Think I may have discovered a deep seated masochist streak. :eek:

Joe

jmfletch

I got a quick one done this morning. About 25 min give or take a few. Used 2 HB lead holders. One sharp and one flattened. Image is roughly 3×5 inches.

3 foot

And yes my toes are that twisted. Edited to add proof.

Keep sketching
                                            Joe

White Pen

Heya

Joe is head with his sketches, to draw the own foot is quite a challenge never guess to do so. To sit and draw a bare foot is indoor not common in public here 😂….
                                                In private I need boots on now, the temperature drops below 0 C outside . First snow +20 cm. It’s 10:00 pm will see how much is it tomorrow.

Here the 1 hour sketch

Cheers W. P. Life is like skiing, in high speed downhill, but don’t forget to sharp your ski edges…

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

jmfletch

WP – As always your collections bring a smile especially the team of mice. As to foot drawing, it was done indoors and temp was about 26c.:cool: high today was about 31c.

Joe

Eye

Awesome take for both Joe and WP…

Ai

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.