Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Guess Who Portrait Exchange – Portraits and Guessing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    catchlight

This thread will be for the posting of the finished portraits and the guessing only :) Lets try and keep the chatting to the other stickied thread….until we’re done guessing anyway, then we can chat up a storm in here too! :)

Here they are guys! Now, there’s still one person I haven’t heard from unfortunately, I think I know who that person was drawing. There are still 3 altogether to come, but I know they’re coming soon (except for that one!). Those ones will have to be posted later today. So I’ll post what I have and then the others when I get them hopefully by Sunday night. We’ll hold off the guessing until we have all the portraits in, so for now, start looking, see if you can start working out who’s whom!

Here’s a list of the participants (this includes the one’s missing!) in no particular order.

brattgirl (Jenna)
        Wet (Wanda)
        Gealflings (Sarah)
        Nithya_Swamy (Nithya)
        IslanderNL (Jeanette)
        Finedreams (Olga)
        Caulfield (Nicole)
        BridgetJones
        Rosa_Weitzel (Rosa)
        Artlike! (Ed)
        Amira
        Paapu
        Flippetygibbet (Steve)

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Wen Baragrey[/B]
        MY WEBSITE

catchlight

MY WEBSITE

catchlight

MY WEBSITE

catchlight

MY WEBSITE

I’m going to venture some guesses:
                    3 is of Gealflings (based on the glasses)
                    8 is of brattgirl (based on some brattgirl self portraits)
                    10 is by Gealflings (based on similarity in style to “Celtic Lady” and also on the creativity – nice idea by whoever it is)

I love any comments and/or criticism :) (digital alterations are fine)
                    Steve/flip/flippety
                    --
                    My DeviantArt gallery: http://shalpin.deviantart.com/gallery/

Robin

Oh, they are also wonderful!!

Can anyone guess or just the participants?

Robin

finedreams

OK some guesses:
                            3. It is Nicole. Can’t guess who is the author though
                            5. Is done by Nicole but I can’t guess who is that
                            8. Love the portrait. Well done. Have no clue though :)
                            Olga

Signature needs updating..

frida

Excellent work, you all!!! :clap:

Apart from Nicole, who I have seen in photos many times, I have no idea who is in the portraits, or a clue about who is the artist… 5 does look like Nicole’s work, but… What a great puzzle!

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

catchlight

Hi guys!

Here’s the last image! There are still two missing ones, one won’t be done for awhile with good reason and I’ve let the person who’s portrait won’t be done know, and also I haven’t heard from one person at all, so it may turn up at some point.

So here’s what I propose:

Go for it with the guesses, we’ll see who can guess the most in both categories (who did the portrait and who the portrait is of). No prizes unfortunately, just the satisfaction of knowing you outwitted everyone :D

I think the guessing can be open to anyone at all, not just participants. If anyone’s not happy about that, let me know in the chatting thread :) Otherwise, go ahead and post your guesses! :)

MY WEBSITE

Weezy

First of all, may I say that I find the styles exhibited to be far more personal than most CP work tends to be. So in that vein, I find this a wonderful project with immense value. That it is so hard to guess means that you all did your jobs so very well. And thanks to you, Wendy, for putting it together at the finale.

#3. Is Nicole, and done by Rosa, its gotta be.
                                        The rest I am totally lost. I think the last one might be Bridget Jones…..who knows???

gealflings

Man o man, I don’t know anyone’s art styles enough to even hazard a guess on most of these.

3. Nicole by Rosa
                                            5. Brattgirl by Nicole
                                            8. ?? by Paapu
                                            9. ?? by Olga
                                            11. Ed by ??

~Sarah

I have heard the languages of the apocalypse, and now I shall embrace the silence.
                                            catchlight

I just thought I would let you know who it is who hasn’t done a portrait, just so you know not to guess them. Wanda (Wet) has been understandably unable to do hers and Nithya_swamy I haven’t been able to get hold of. Of course, that doesn’t mean there aren’t portraits of those two in the list muahahaa! :D

MY WEBSITE

frida

that doesn’t mean there aren’t portraits of those two in the list muahahaa! :D

You can laugh, smart cookie! You know who everyone is and who did the portrait!!! :p

I believe the greatest value of this is that most, except from Bridget, haven’t done a lot of portraits, in my memory, that is! :rolleyes: And the styles are so wonderfully diverse…

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Brattgirl

Ok, I want to venture some guesses!

1. Amira by Ed (Artlike)
                                                        2. Rosa by Paapu
                                                        3. Nicole by Rosa
                                                        4. Nithya by Steve (FlippetyGibbet)
                                                        5. Jenna by Nicole (Caulfield)
                                                        6. Olga by Jeanette (IslanderNL)
                                                        7. Paapu by Bridget Jones
                                                        8. Jeanette by Amira
                                                        9. Bridget Jones by Olga (Finedreams)
                                                        10. Wanda by Sarah (Geaflings)
                                                        11. Ed by Jenna

now when are we going to know what we got right/wrong???

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Jenna
                                                        My website and My blog and My Facebook Page
                                                        "The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation prize." Robert Hughes

1..no idea
                                                        2. Rosa by ???
                                                        3. Nicole by Rosa
                                                        4. Nitha _swamy by ???
                                                        5. gealflings by Nicole
                                                        6. no idea
                                                        7. Pappu by ???
                                                        8. ??? by Bridgett_Jones
                                                        9. Wanda by Olga
                                                        10. Olga by gealflings
                                                        11. Ed (who else !?! LOL) but no idea who did it.

These are really great.wonderful work all of you!
                                                        :)

Judy - Moderator: Art History Forum and Reference Image Library

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 74 total)
                                                      • The topic ‘Guess Who Portrait Exchange – Portraits and Guessing!’ is closed to new replies.