WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 01:16 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
*** Daily Wash Saturday 13th May 2017 ***

Good morning all

Clouded over but dry. We got some decent rain last evening which the garden sorely needed.

We are invited to supper and chicken foot tonight with friends. Baking this morning.

Doug
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 01:53 AM
A WC! Legend
Mt Nebo Queensland Australia

Hails from Australia
Re: *** Daily Wash Saturday 13th May 2017 ***

Good evening Doug.

You snuck in.

An extremely disinteresting day for cats. Wet stuff falling from the sky. They have evinced no interest in going out. More rain expected tomorrow. Rain makes cat herding so much easier.

BBL
My Flickr Site
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 02:27 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Pleasantly damp here Annie - no cats.

Doug
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 02:49 AM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Rained during night,soft rain...dry now and sunny.

Geoff
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 02:54 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

BTW LynnLC

I could go shopping on any day of the week. I could get pensioners Tuesday, but I'm not a pensioner. Tuesday's are the day after Mondays so have no particular thingy, except for pancakes and shoves.

My friend needs a lift on Fridays and we became bonded over messages and years. Like it's Thursday again. What time ? ****e is it ? about ten then. I do feel empowered now, dropping her off at work.

As its a 50 K round trip, I'll keep my work made pattern. Besides, I can greet other shoppers by name and not crash trolleys. They always go for the same stuff I'm going for. Cat food. Long conversations about how cats won't eat Dine, but love whiskas.

I still hate provisioning. My friend told me she does it on Thursday night and loathes it. Then she a hotly asked if I work out a meal plan for the week

She knew better. Buy the staples, make whatever, if he dont like it, he will be thin. Which is a turn up for the books in the modern age.

Off to amalgamate staples now

NO BBL
My Flickr Site
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 05:50 AM
Lord of the Arts
Perth, Western Australia

Hails from Australia

Well, Hello once again,

We are back in a town called Hawker, in the same Caravan Park as we were in last time, and almost the same spot.

I managed to get 4 wash loads done (only a 2.5kg machine in my caravan), I am hoping it will all be dry by the time we get back tomorrow.

We have been camping on a property called Mt Little Station, they are a cattle station, and currently have up to 600 cattle ready to calve. A handful have calved which we have seen around the place.

We were allowed to pick out a spot anywhere on the Station to set up camp.
Being winter we were also allowed to have a campfire using dead fall of which there was a fair bit around the place.

We had a great few days, hiking all over the property, up and down the river bed. The scenary here in the Flinders is amazing.

Tomorrow morning, we are all piling into John's car to head off the Quorn where we will have breakfast. We will then head to the Railway Station and go on a trip on one of the old trains. I will get some pics for Monty to add to the tracker, for those who are following our travels.

We will also be at this caravan park tomorrow night, then we will head off further into the Flinders Ranges and camp on a Working Sheep Station called Willow Creek. We have also chosen to bush camp here as well, rather than be squeezed into a caravan park.

If anyone wants to know what our Caravan set up is that allows us to bush Camp, please ask, and I will explain, next time I have to opportunity to go on line.

Peter, a friend of ours, had the same thing as yourself, then later on had a reversal which went perfectly. Please don't worry too much, and good luck.
My thoughts are with yourself and your wife.

Take Care,
Lots of Love Carolynn,:g rouphug::clap :

Last edited by CJMonty : 05-13-2017 at 05:53 AM.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 05:53 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Good Morning all,
It is 5:45 a.m. here in beginning to lighten Oakwood. Bird singing loudly outside my window and the weatherman promises a gorgeous day today.

It is a special day for Larry and me – we are celebrating our 54th anniversary! Lots of wonderful memories to share and new ones to make.
This was taken 20+years ago, but it is still one of my favorite photos of the two of us.

We are also going out for lunch with our daughter Kari. She is treating me for Mother's Day. We plan to go to The Gyro Palace and get some Greek food.

Darla, for you and Larry about family problems and inconsiderate work people. You need the break that is coming up when you fly out to California to visit your son and his wife for sure.

Annie, Glad you have someone to commiserate with you on the long drive and shopping day. I enjoy going shopping with Larry (who does the meal planning in our house...division of labor, he plans, I cook ).

to Doug, Geoff, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 06:19 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

Happy anniversary Sylvia and Larry. You both look so splendid in the photo. Neither of you have changed much since then. Enjoy your day.
Oh, your dress is beautiful and is Larry's suit a USAF dress uniform? It's very smart.

Carolyn, what an interesting place to camp. There must be a lot of mooing going on.

Annie, I like to shop. I think it's because I get to be among people. I seem to like them.

I almost forgot the weather report, it is presently 5 C and promises to be a sunny 20.

I have mowing to do and then some work on the deck.
Bill

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 06:25 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Congratulations Sylvia and Larry. A beautiful photograph.

Good to hear from you Carolynn, it's amazing how well you are doing after all that trauma.

Darla, so sorry your daughter and SIL have abrogated responsibility for their daughter. They shouldn't rely on you to pick up the pieces after all you have done for them.

Quite a nice day here cloudy bright with occasional sunshine. Baking is done and now thinking of what to do for lunch.

Doug
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 07:01 AM
Enthusiast
here on planet earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMonty
Well, Hello once again,

Peter, a friend of ours, had the same thing as yourself, then later on had a reversal which went perfectly. Please don't worry too much, and good luck.
My thoughts are with yourself and your wife.

Take Care,
Lots of Love Carolynn,:g rouphug::clap :

Thankthee for your thoughts are very welcome plus all the wished
Thankthee All for thinking of me
keep the child in you as you never know when you may need it one day

Last edited by ollieowl : 05-13-2017 at 07:07 AM.
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 07:33 AM
A WC! Legend

Hails from Australia

Also thinking of you our poet. Mum had that done and is going strong. Easy op. Basically, you will be fine

Sylvia, happy anniversary. You and Larry are such a good couple is so many ways

Carolynn don't camp in dry creek beds. My uncle managed moralana station for years and years and was always complaining about the Campers who set up in dry creek beds. Rain on the ranges and down came the waters. Up came the stockman and pulled them out.

Bill I like the regulars, like me, we chat, qlove the staff, hate the procedure. Just a woman thing I suppose. 20 is fine, 5 sucks.

Sleep
My Flickr Site
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 08:18 AM
Immortalized
Michigan

Hails from United States

Good morning. Sun out and to be a day in the 60's.

Son is coming for a visit today from Maryland. Haven't seen him since late fall.
We head out to pick him up at the airport soon so this is brief.

Congratulations Sylvia and Larry! Great picture of a handsome couple.

Carolyn, you are amazing in your travels and energy.

OK, better run.

Shirley
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 08:28 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Morning!!!

Sunny, a high of 18C expected and maybe a thunderstorm.

We can't have the gym so NO table tennis this morning I will be hitting the nurseries today, empty all the flowerpots and refill with new earth. I think we are finally safe from killer night frosts and the flowers can go into the pots.

Being spoiled again - invited for dinner at DIL's parents house.

Happy Anniversary Sylvia and Larry!! and CONGRATULATIONS to the many years!!!! Yes, great photo of the two of you!!

Carolynn, Doug is right, you are doing so well and you are looking so good. Nobody needed to show you how to enjoy retirement

Bill, time to move into a more populated area.

Annie, that is a long provisioning trip.

Doug, you are being spoiled too - enjoy!!

Geoff, I hope you are having fun.

to you Peter and wishing everyone a good day!!

Uschi

#14   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 08:49 AM
Lord of the Arts
Ohio

Hails from United States

MORNING PEOPLE

We had a good night last night in town. Our town is a little town or at least the part we hang out in. The pastor of the local church Keith & I attended was let go of his duties on Monday. I had quit attending last fall for several reasons & I am happy as can be. Spiritual believer but I just did not fit into their mold.

Anyhow the pastor has gone rogue. He is in his early 60's. He has his retirement & was offered a generous severance package but he violated the terms of that. He has showed up at the church & threw a fit & he has taken over the church FB page & called it something else. There is a note on the page that to find out where the new group is meeting you email someone for the location info.

Now I know that this is a huge event for him but he has brought it on himself. I told my husband that most pastors or sermons tend to give the message that whatever trials you personally are going through you should look to higher power & put your faith there & not focus on your troubles. Seems like he is now having to deal with something & not setting a very good example.

Makes me glad that I live a quiet little life & am not getting into troubles. Other than my creative ones

Sylvia ---What a great picture. Spiffy uniform. Congrats that a lot of years together.

Darla---I would imagine it will take some time for a move to happen. Just transporting their stuff 7 hrs away will be costly and I would think that he would need to see if the new job is going to work out. hope you can enjoy your Mother's Day.

AND let me wish ALL THE MOMS A VERY HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

I am going shopping with my sister and stepmom. More of a visit to some shops we have not been to before in Springfield about 40 mins away.

I better enjoy because next week it is nose to the grindstone here at home.

Bye all

Anita
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 09:13 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States

Hi again,
Zipping through once again before taking a shower and getting dressed for our lunch date with #1 daughter Kari.

Bill, That is called a Mess Dress Uniform (equivalent to a tuxedo and worn on special occasions). Not sure what they look like now, but I always liked how Larry looked in his. I wish I had been standing on the other side so you could see all his medals.

Carolynn, we x-posed earlier. I admire how you and your DH are intrepid campers and adventurers.

Peter, Success wished for your reversal procedure. I hope all goes well with the surgery and afterward too.

Thanks all for the good wishes.

SYL,

Sylvia