WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Airbrush
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

View Poll Results: What type/brand of airbrush do you use?
Aztek 35 5.46%
Badger 120 18.72%
Iwata 346 53.98%
Thayer & Chandler 31 4.84%
Paasche 162 25.27%
Sotar 6 0.94%
Other 140 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 641. You may not vote on this poll

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-16-2005, 10:50 AM
A Local Legend
Central New York

Hails from United States
Re: Airbrush Poll

T.J.,
do you have a website?

"No one said it had to be real, but it's got to be something you can reach out and feel" Meatloaf

#47   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-16-2005, 12:37 PM
western new york

Hails from United States

no web site penny, i WOULDNT know how set one up anyway. hek, im still tryin to post some pics of my work.

Last edited by gilbertus : 03-16-2005 at 12:39 PM.
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2005, 06:01 AM
A Local Legend
Central New York

Hails from United States

Let me know if you need any help.

"No one said it had to be real, but it's got to be something you can reach out and feel" Meatloaf

#49   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2005, 08:30 AM

Main airbrush used 98% of the time is my Iwata HP-C. I also have two Badger 150's. And a SATA Mini Jet for larger items.
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2005, 11:36 AM

I have 4 Iwata's. The Eclipse for the big stuff, an HP-C to get a little tighter, and a Micron "B" + "C plus" for the really close stuff. I use the Micron "B" and the Eclipse the most.
I have other brushes, I just never use them anymore.

Back In Black
Custom

If you can't beat em, beat em up.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-19-2005, 12:00 PM

I have 4 Iwata's. The Eclipse for the big stuff, an HP-C to get a little tighter, and a Micron "B" + "C plus" for the really close stuff. I use the Micron "B" and the Eclipse the most.
I have other brushes, I just never use them anymore.

Would you like to part with them ?

Kibzz
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-19-2005, 02:07 AM

Hails from South Africa

I have 4 badger's and 2 iwatas on the way

1 Badger 100SG Really fine detail work
1 Badger 100G same as above just a bigger medium cup
1 Badger 150 great general brush
1 Badger Crescenda 175T huge one, (think you could spray a whole car with this guy)

And when dixie sort there issues out, and send me my new brushes i will be trying 2 iwata's for the first time

Micron B
HPC Hi-line plus
Cant wait for these.

Last edited by WayneVanRooyen : 05-19-2005 at 02:10 AM.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Enthusiast
Istanbul-Turkey

Hails from Turkey

Hi,

I always prefer SATA airbrushes. I have never used any other brands for the fine details. SATA Graph/Z/Universal 0,2 mm is my favourite. I use an ASTURO 1mm for any large areas and for applying clear...
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2005, 01:40 AM
Enthusiast
New Zealand

Hails from New Zealand

Hi Jonquil

Just throwing in my 2 cents.
My favorite a/b's are my Iwata's, an HPBC & HPBE followed by my pasche's VLS's and single action pasche. Then the rest which are simularly average including the T&C Vega 2000 which I thought would be good because I think it was Terry Hill pushing them at the time, and a couple badger 150's. Then there are a couple lesser known brands that aren't really worth mentioning, and my mouth aspirator. hmm wondering how it would work if i blow through the hose instead of compressor... prolly faint..

I have pretty much done T-Shirt and fabric/leather painting but use these same brushes on anything including canvas, illustration board, water colour paper etc. I also have a couple gravity feed fine tipped a/b's too but tend not to use them as I find using the colour cup tedius and wasteful when changing colours etc. I use the colour cups with the sipon feed when I have too tho I prefer to mix a colour and keep it in a bottle (my opinion only you guys who like'em go right ahead) I think a side feed would be cool.. But I haven't tried one yet. I haven't used any of the super fine micron type brushes, as I don't work very small so I don't need their super fine abilities.

Cheer's

TW
Iwata HP-A HL, HPSBS E, HPBC, HPBE, HPBC2, Paasche VL's, T&C V2000, Assorted Hairy Sticks. Golden, AquaFlow, Liquitex, W&N, Matisse, Comart, ETAC, PPG, HOK, Natural pigments suspended in various mediums etc...
Nikon D700, D80, Nikkors, 50mm 1.4, 1.8, 18-135mm DX, 70-300mm VR, Epson 24 & 44 inch large format printers, Wacom Intuos3.
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-24-2006, 11:10 PM

Iwata
I have many types of Iwata guns. Also have many other brands, nothing compares to a clean Iwata.
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Seward, Alaska

Hails from United States

Two Iwata custom Microns, one Iwata HP-SB, two Iwata Eclipses, one Iwata RG-80 (jamb gun), two Paasche AB's, two Paasche VL's, two Paasche VSR-90's. That's not counting probably 20 of the little black Badgers.
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Oshawa, ON

Hails from Canada

I have a couple of Badgers, but the ones I use most are my Paasche VL and H. Simple rugged more or less reliable ---that;s why I have a couple of each.

I use them to colour (paint/stain) my wood crafts ... mainly toys and puzzles but colouring turned goods is something I am thinking of trying...

#58   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Puget Sound, USA

Hails from England

I have an HP-SB and a HP-C.

I intend on motorcycle muralling, but I previously used them for fine art.
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Ontario

Hails from Canada

I use an Iwata eclipse hp-bc, and an aztec. I use the hp more (no reason). At one time I had a lot of trouble with the hp. Needle sticking , bubbling , no paint coming out and other things. I solved my problems by switching paint (createx to golden) and then I started using lube. First on the needle then everything including the airvalve.These brushes are finely engineered and in my opinion need no altering. Trigger pressure is such that the resistance allows for just enough paint to flow.To get the valve out , if you have an old bike, and the tire cap is metal, it shoud have a slot on top that will fit your air valve. As far as "o" rings go , I bought a ring from Iwata and it cost way to much ($$). I went to an auto supplyer an the same ring cost me pennies.
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2006, 11:04 PM
A Local Legend
Central New York

Hails from United States

LOL I ordered the one for the O-ring for the front of my Eclipse and when my husband saw it he laughed, he has a stack of them in the shop LOL. Live and learn, then find Napa! I'm not sure if they have the smaller ones for the inside of the airbrushes there or not. I've never replaced one.