Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Sunday 16th June 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Good morning all, a lovely start to the day, thin cloud with plenty of blue sky.

Slept almost seven hours, a record.

Cooking chicken today and baking.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shipbroker

Similar nice start to day…May garden later.
        Tonight Dinner at the pub,expensive but a rare treat.
        Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Lulu

Evening all…

Has been a nice Sunday here. Still very mild but we are told that a cold snap is coming.

If you want to see a master watercolour artist, have a look at this man’s work. I especially love his portraits. He has got two accepted for Splash 21.
            From Ireland, now living in NZ.
            http://www.johncooneyartist.com

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Good morning Geoff, good evening Lulu, I’ll check out that link.

PS Amazing work Lulu.

Doug

:wave:

It has been thundering, in fact it electrical stormed for 45 minutes before letting the rain down, it was wonderful. Gardens are soaking it all up. :)

Just finished my supper..

Have a great day everyone. :grouphug:

JJ
            Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
            MY BLOG
            My Youtube videos

At least you are not worried about the basement flooding JJ.

Doug

You are right there Doug!! :)

JJ
            Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
            MY BLOG
            My Youtube videos

Good Morning all,
            It is almost 5:30 a.m. here in still dark Oakwood. Birds are singing to wake up the dawn though.

Strong rains with some thunder last night, and we may get more showers today.

Happy Father’s Day to all our Dads here in the Wash! Kari is coming over for lunch to wish her Dad well. I’m making a Turkish dish with lamb on top of pita bread pieces. Her partner Mike is a picky eater so she doesn’t cook this but enjoys it when I do. :D

I’ll check out that link Lulu.

:wave: to Geoff, JJ, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Happy Father’s Day to everyone. I have been up all night. The baby back ribs did not agree with me at all. And for the last two hours, we have been in a thunderstorm. I will take a nap later today once my stomach settles down.

I made an 25th wedding anniversary cake out of 36 circles per layer cut out on the maker. Then they were glued together with a glue stick, edges were coated with super glue dipped into baking soda (to seal and stiffen), frosted with artist’s modeling paste, paper flowers and beads were added, and little ribbons made out of glitter card stock. I is about 2 3/4 inches wide by 3 inches tall.

I thought you would enjoy the tiny creation since I did use artist’s modeling paste for frosting.

Good morning to Doug, Geoff, Sylvia, JJ, and Lulu! Off to go find something to watch on my iPad.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

:wave: Reasonably bright out there, I hope we get a little sun out there today.

Yesterday was fun, lots of loud talking and watching the baby!

Ground is still wet here too, only 4 beans sprouted from my last planting of about 20, but at least there are enough plants for some yield. Chard is just sitting there, tiny sprouts but no growth for a week. The lettuce isnt too bad, will get some salads eventually :)

Thanks for the nice comments re my GGD! Still not quite walking but very strong.

That is incredible Nancy, so tiny. You are a talented lady :thumbsup:

Beautiful work, Lulu!

7 hours Doug….I don’t remember what that feels like! You must have been tired.

Sounds like a lovely meal Sylvia.

Greetings to all!

:heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
            www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
            "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

shipbroker

Lovely work,as always, Nancy….great talent.

Heavy rain interspersed with bright hot sunshine…very tropical but I have the central heating on indoors.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good Morning! Yes, it’s going to rain. Nuff said about our dismal weather.

[FONT=”Georgia]Happy Father’s Day[/FONT] to all our Dads enriching our lives every day!

It’s my good intention and hope that we’ll be able to barbeque our dinner tonight. If not, oh well. I’ve got our salads made up already. I’m going to bake the angel food cake this morning… I didn’t get it done yesterday.

Nothing else exciting going on here. Ted didn’t feel well yesterday at all, but he seems a little better today. I’ll :crossfingers: that he can hold out through the day. The Kids are coming out this afternoon and Simon plans to be here for dinner as well.

Tracy, you gave me a :lol: at hauling out your banjo! Now I have that tune ear worming…

Uschi… I didn’t mean to criticize. If we all were good at everything, we’d never need to talk to anyone about anything. I firmly believe in allowing the experts to do what I cannot. :lol: And, yup, it often costs me more than I want to pay.

Doug… let me guess… apple pie and chocolate cake. :p

Geoff… it’s a short life. Sometimes we just need to splurge.

Lulu, thanks for that link! It’s always interesting that we really admire the beautiful work of Artists who just don’t wish they could paint looser. :lol: Gorgeous stuff, this.

JJ… the wonderful scent of ozone in the air during a thunderstorm is special.

Sylvia, Ted enjoys a good meal of lamb also. But the Kids don’t.

Nancy, when I was supporting my two boys by myself, I worked three jobs. One of them was as a cake decorator. I loved it and really liked getting wedding cake jobs because they paid well. Your miniature rivals anything that I decorated in full size.

Lynn, your little garden needs some heat. We’re going to dome our pepper plants again. If you can get your hands on a plastic sheet, you could create a mini greenhouse. A clear shower curtain from the Dollar Store might do the trick.

Have a great day, everyone! :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Well, we had our lunch, Chicken Cabbage, Carrots, and mashed potato.

The garden is in between seasons, the Spring plants are mostly over and some of the summer plants are flowering:

Doug

Bill

Good day all,

A bright morning but will still be a nice day. May get a little rain.

Doug, must be something in the air as I, too, got 7 hours sleep. Feels great!

Lulu, wonderful paintings.

Nancy, I thought, at first, I was looking at a delicious cake. Its astonishingly beautiful. Hope you feel better soon. My problem with ribs is I end up eating too many.

Lynn, I just planted my chard, beans and broccoli. Maybe my late start is fortuitous. We’ve been enjoying garden lettuce for two weeks. I love it.

Sylvia, sorry to any picky eater who has the opportunity to eat any of your lovely meals.

Char, hope Ted has a good day. My guess is Doug is baking rock cakes and chocolate cake.:)

Hoping to get some yard work done.
                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Doug, your garden is such a treat to see when you post your photos!

Bill, I had covered my chard to protect it from GirlieGirl. She loved it. The domes gave it a head start and we’re going to enjoy some tonight! That and my kale, too.

Ok… I saw this on FB today and thought of Sylvia and Larry.

My kitchen smells like cake. :)

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.