Home Forums Explore Media Oil Pastels Oil Pastel Studio My paintings for June

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

I decided to group my paintings per month:cat:
    Have you ever heard of the white elephants of Namibia? I started off with gouache and didn’t like it so I changed over to op’s. A4

A raccoon from Steve Mac from the ril A4

Toucan from a Pixabay reference A4

Christel

These next paintings are from Andy Morffew
    All A4
    Green honeycreeper

Collared aracari

Great blue heron

Kingfisher

Christel

terriks

Your wildlife paintings are so lovely, Christel! I especially love the raccoon and the kingfisher. All that detail, so many colors to get the texture. Wow!

It’s only the 5th of June. :eek: You’re on quite a roll already!

I have heard of the white elephants, but not their exact location in the world. :)

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

Thanks Terri! The elephants get their color from the white mud they roll/bath in the help with the heat.
        I did start on these paintings last week already and waited until I had enough to post altogether.

Christel

Rich A

Beautiful. Colors are beautiful in each. I think the raccoon is my fave.

Hopskidee

Wow these are wonderful! I especially like the toucan, honeycreeper, aracari (love the background colors here!), and the kingfisher. Just a week into the month and looks like you’re well on your way to a great exhibit! :)

SarahY

Fantastic work tuscanny, every one. You’re so prolific! As ever, your greens are masterfully done.

The racoon and the kingfisher are my favourites. I have never seen a kingfisher that colour before, we have the beautiful but rather garish bright orange and blue ones here.

http://www.shyeomans.co.uk
                    \m/ neue deutsche härte \m/
                    Nothing left but smoke and cellar, and a woman with a black umbrella...

Thanks Rich, Hopskidee and Sarah! It’s a belted kingfisher I believe.
                    Here is a fawn for the SWW challenge
                    A4

Christel

terriks

Aww, so sweet! You’ve captured the timidity of how they hug the earth to hide while mom is gone. Terrific job with the palette, too, showing how nicely they camouflage in the wild.

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

Mira

I’ve only heard of African elephants in general :) my daughter’s book says they are the biggest creatures on the earth (that is, only on the earth, not in the water).

A terrific range of works! :clap: all the birds are beautful with their bright, colorful palette, and I do love the racoon! :)
                            Cute fawn and great job on the straws :)

I love oil pastels and have created a blog about this medium. While the blog posts are in Russian, still I invite you to get inspired with various artists' beautiful OP paintings in my blog's gallery: https://oilpastelist.wordpress.com/gallery

Thanks Terri and Mira!

Christel

SarahY

The fawn is adorable and the colours and camouflage are perfect. Lovely!

http://www.shyeomans.co.uk
                                \m/ neue deutsche härte \m/
                                Nothing left but smoke and cellar, and a woman with a black umbrella...

talinka

Lovely paintings, Christel! And very fruitful. You capture wildlife very well. I especially love the heron and the kingfisher. And that fawn- you captured the posture perfectly.

Tali

rbhatt

Beautiful artworks, Christel. Your wildlife painting skills are really good. I like your choice of palette for creating backgrounds in all of your birds’ paintings, and the details on the tree branch in the tree branches, especially the one that honeycreeper is sitting on.

Thank you for sharing these projects.

Raj

R-B
                                        Williamsburg, VA
                                        My Instagram Page

Thanks Sarah, Tali and Raj!

Christel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.