Home Forums Explore Subjects Miniature Art A few more random sketches

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SoCalDan

These are all approximately 2″ x 2.5″ in pencil

SoCalDan

Hers a few more….There are some scale issues with some of these….But im not worrying about precision details…. No reference just my imagination, just gettin’ my sketch on :)

These are great! Love the everyday scenes like the garage and the street too.

My favourite is the amusement park as I grew up down the street from one. :)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

floblue

These are wonderful. Can’t wait to see them in color.

SoCalDan

Completed a few more…These little sketches are fun. And no….The first one is not a self portrait :lol: …Sometimes my pencil just has a mind of its own :lol: I just go where it wants! And apparently it needed to use the restroom :lol:

They may not be artistically correct….But they sure are fun to do.

:D Nice interior scene. Funny though, I use my bathroom to take photos in because the light is perfect in there.

Really nice sense of depth in the next two, you’re very good at creating depth. That’s a hard skill to learn.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                    Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

SoCalDan

Floblue and Virginia…thank you for your comments.
                        It may be a while before these see color, and may not even get painted. Since I discovered the mini world I am really just enjoying pencil sketches….we shall see.
                        Virginia…thanks for your comment about creating depth…this has always been relatively easy for me in pencil. I am new to the world of painting and that skill has not yet found it’s way into my paintbrush 😀
                        Color blending….shadows and shading are definately tools I need to continue to work at!

hibiscus17

Like how much detail is presented in these sketches. Lots to absorb and enjoy. :thumbsup:

Lawrence

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.