WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#91   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-15-2019, 09:51 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns..... January 2019

Yes Mark...asses honestly was the only term I could think of that wouldn't be censored here...so there you go....read between the lines...and I have a long list of people who I could attach those terms to...ha.

Hi Annie..sorry you aren't feeling well...neither am I so I rescheduled the dental appointment...think this is my first 'sickness' in several years...and not certain what it is...is mild really so hoping it is short-lived...

My walnut oil arrived this afternoon!!!...not sure when it will go into use, but no doubt soon, depending on the intrusion of other things...works best to paint in the evenings...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #92   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2019, 11:34 AM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Becca, glad the walnut oil finally made it.

Annie, I hope you are getting over whatever is ailing you. Seems there is something going around here, and I'll be lucky not to catch it.

I finished the unfinished painting yesterday, and let the client know it will ship by the end of the month. Her husband's birthday is in February, so I got back to it just in time. I have a nocturne to start next.
Hiking group this morning and an art business class this evening with a few other things sprinkled in between, so painting will wait a day.
  #93   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2019, 01:39 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia, thanks...now just a matter of warming up to the canvas again...

Hope you are enjoying your hike...and congrats on finishing the painting...in time!
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #94   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2019, 02:13 PM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Becca, thanks for the get well wishes and same to you. I hope you don't have the same thing - my whatever-it-is seems odd in that there are a lot of ups (oh good, this is finally over) and downs (whoops, no it's not). Congrats on receiving your walnut oil. I really like it; it's more slippery than linseed, although be forewarned, it takes longer to dry.

Marcia, thanks and I hope you manage to avoid this bug. Congrats on finishing your painting. FYI, it it's at all wet when you need to ship it, Krylon Quick Dry is a great product that accellerates oxidation. It can leave a glossy finish. Have fun on the hike.

Best wishes on getting some painting done to everyone.

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne

#95   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2019, 02:15 PM
Lord of the Arts
Sevilla

Hails from Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
My walnut oil arrived this afternoon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !becca
...not sure when it will go into use, but no doubt soon, depending on the intrusion of other things...works best to paint in the evenings...
.. soon .. soon

Marcia, good to hear to finished the painting in time!

... off I go to pack some more for Almeria. Canvases are already selected for Alhambra and I suppose (hope) it´s possible buy more if needed in Granada.
  #96   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2019, 02:53 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thank you Annie....seems I'v heard a lot of people telling the same story as you about their bugs...all we can do it deal with it best we can...

Mosc...thanks ... will see when it happens...have fun in Alhambra! Looking forward to the paintings...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #97   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2019, 03:03 PM
A WC! Legend

Mosc, I am so hopelessly jealous of you! Please post pics. Granada does indeed have art supply stores, just google it, and you'll get a map and everything.

Hike was called off because there was heavy fog between us and our destination, and accidents reported. I have been meaning to hike in the hills behind my house, maybe today's the day. If I go now, I will have tome to paint when I get back. Or take a nap.
  #98   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-16-2019, 06:36 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Was browsing through FB and this showed up in an ad paint by number...

Name:  paint by number.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  326.5 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #99   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-17-2019, 01:25 AM
A WC! Legend

Is it supposed to be kitschy? Because I think it is rather pretty. Pretty and kitschy.