WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art > Let's Talk > Glass Works Lobby
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 02:52 AM
A Local Legend
Spring, Tx US

Hails from United States
1st official day of Spring! 20th Mar Tuesday

Another migraine! Are we having fun yet? The barometric pressure dropped a bunch and it took my head with it.....so I've not been to bed since I got up Sunday afternoon.
Just finished making beads, had to swap out a propane tank after the 15th bead. I'm always glad I keep a spare full on standby. I always run out in the middle of the night and when the grocery was staying open 24hrs, that was ok, but now they don't.
Wishing all a beautiful first day of Spring!
Happy whatever,
ginger
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member
Near Bethlehem PA

Hails from United States
Re: 1st official day of Spring! 20th Mar Tuesday

Morning everyone.

Sorry to hear you are having migraine issues again Ginger. Hope it passes quickly.

Not much going on here today. Just off to work, and then maybe work on a piece of equipment for playing in the garden.

Have a good one

Carlos
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 AM
A WC! Legend
Allegan, Michigan; 25 miles north of Kalamazoo

Hails from United States

Good morning. Just in from Augie's morning pee-pee run. It's beautiful out there today. Petey found some tennis players so that will be his morning today. I have a little laundry to do before we leave for New Orleans tomorrow and then maybe some beach time this afternoon.
Last night we had our best meal yet. We went to the Irish place we tried to get into Sat.night. Outstanding food.
Enjoy. Ciao
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Lord of the Arts
Oliver Springs, TN

Hails from United States

Good morning.
Ginger feel better soon.
Ellen have fun in NOLA. I hear it is a blast. I have not been.
Not much for me. Working, too hot to melt glass so packing, heming some jeans, etc. two days til vacation. going to Asheville for Fire on the Mountain beading retreat. I love it.
Have a great day,
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 09:05 AM
A Local Legend
Cereal City/Battle Creek, MI

Hails from United States

Good Morning All!

Ginger.....I thought I threw some Mojo out there that would scare those frigging hedaches away! Sounds like you are organized and have the propane all figured out. I hope you feel better soon my friend!

Carlos.....I could use some tools to work in the garden. I have turned the garage up and down looking for my two pairs of Fiskar prunning scissors! Have fun with your new toys!

Ellen.....I love my Shepards pie, guess I will have to look up whats in the traditional stuff. How long are you and Peter visiting New Orleans, I love the architecture in that part of the world!

Shari.....I hope you get all your stuff done, packed and ready for you vacation over the mountins. I know you will have a wonderful time!

I could just ask my sister next week about Irish food. She leaves tomorrow for Dublin with a couple of her BFF's I am sure she will be swilling down the beer and the food and having a grand time!

Dressed for a warm one, GR is expecting temps near 86 with cooler temps here, maybe 83. So far overcast and I bet the sun has to come out to make those temps happen. We have been setting record temps left and right. I don't know if I will be able to deal with freezing temps anytime soon if they come back to haunt us, but that would be tyical for the first part of April!

So have a good one everybody, how can you not on the first day of Spring!

Dilly

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Veteran Member
YountsvilleMill, Crawfordsville, IN

Hails from United States

Happy spring!!! I'm smiling.

It's starting out great. I saw an eagle flying down the creek. It may sound crazy but eagles haven't been around here for generations and are making a comeback now.

I skipped the gym for the extra hour to rake and dig in the garden.

Hope there will be some time for bead making later. Two 1/2 years off have set me back some so I'm starting back to the florals that I always loved but have way too many to ever use up.

Everyone enjoy your day. Don't forget the sun block if you are going out. All of our older friends are showing up with skin cancer.

Barbara
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 AM
A WC! Legend
Allegan, Michigan; 25 miles north of Kalamazoo

Hails from United States

Shari - Asheville is on my bucket list.
Dill - we're leaving tomorrow morning for the 4-ish hour drive. Will spend all afternoon, night, and most of Thurs. and come home Thurs. evening. We're going to spring for the big $$$$ ($49.00 ea) for the tour. No point in wasting time wandering around and not knowing what we're looking at. It's a hard pill for Petey to swallow but everyone tells me it's well worth it.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Enthusiast
San Antonio TX & Norcross GA

Hails from United States

We survived the storm last night. The tornado that destroyed the homes in Devine was pointed right at us. Thank goodness it didn't keep going. We are in North San Antonio and it fizzled on the south side of town . We had heavy rain which is probably what Ginger is getting right now. I'll go over to the studio in a bit and make sure Big Bertha( the really big fan on the roof) is OK. I bet my son is getting wet going to class over ther in East Texas.
I'm getting everything ready for Vegas and doing taxes.

Enjoy Spring we already have Bluebonnets in the yard.
Sam
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:34 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Barbara.....enjoy your garden time! I will be joining you in the yardwork today!

Ellen.....I laughed because Randy wouldn't just choke I would have to get out the paddles and charge them up!! I already went through that last week when he found a pile of chairs worth $4,000 that sold just before we got there. I thought for sure I would have to call 911!

Sam.....so glad you all are safe and getting some rain! I will keep my fingers crossed Betha is on the roof where she should be!

I am researching silverware and helping with writeups, then out to the yard and continue the spring clean up!

Dilly
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 AM
A Local Legend
Beautiful Colorado

Hails from United States

Morning a low fly by for me...... danged cat must have been under and out of the covers about a bazillion times last night and finally settled down around 5 am and then I fell asleep.

Nice day in the hood. Studio time :-)
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
YountsvilleMill, Crawfordsville, IN

Hails from United States

OMG Dilly "worth $4,000 that sold just before we got there. I thought for sure I would have to call 911!"

I know that feeling. I know it's terrible but when you have the bug......
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States

Since that's the way we make our income, it would have been nice to put the money in the bank. But as I told hubby, at least it is proof the chairs are still out there and people don't know their value. Plus the value just keeps climbing. There is some perks of living in Michigan where all this stuff was made! Barbara I forgot to mention they sold for $39.95 for all of the chairs!! Our kids think they should have difibrilators in all thrift stores for just this reason!! LOL

I forgot that I really enjoyed your FB page for your B&B, beautiful photos!!
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Lord of the Arts
South Eastern Wisconsin

Hails from United States

I was on the road all day today sorry I didn't get to chat...hope to pop in early tomorrow....those chairs sound very interesting!!!!!