Home Forums The Learning Center Student’s Dorm My dog is playing with my painting materials!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Khouji

I’m living with my pet dog in my dorm. How will I contain my dog to reach my painting materials? I do not want him to put in a cage to restrict his freedom. Are there any tools on how I can restrict my dog without putting him in a cage? Need Help please. …

Khouji

Just an update guys, I saw this nice richell which is a dog penwhich that restricts your pet in a designated area. I think it’s cool because of it’s great design and functionality. :) So I do not have to worry about my dog making a mess with my painting materials. :)

Dorrart

We used to have to keep a dog in a crate. We called it his “house”. It had comfortable blankets for him, enough room for him to turn around. He would use it for a den when he wanted to feel secure and would go lay inside even with the door open. Whenever we needed him to go inside we would tell him “go to your house” and he would run to get in. Then we would give him a couple of saltine crackers, or a small dog treat and he would lay down and eat them while we closed the door.

They say you’re only depriving them of about ten minutes of running around free, then they just go curl up somewhere and sleep anyway. If you make it a chance for reward and never use it as a punishment, they view it as a safe place to be, their place.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

Use Her Name

There are fences. You don’t want your dog to get into your paint because a lot of paint is toxic. Putting a dog in a crate is not putting him in a “cage.” You just let him out during your painting sessions. Keeping all your materials out of reach in a separate dresser or box is another thing you should do.

No longer a member of WC. Bye.

Ontoward

I’ve had the same problem in a whole flat, not a dorm room. My dog loved to chew the wooden tip off some of my sable brushes. Luckily I fond him in time and niw, well, I have some nice, short travel brushes, lol. Learned my lesson, and now always keep all my supplies in boxes up high where he can’t reach them!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.